• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A League of His Own! (928)

RafaSceptile

Yes I agree! It's not a requirement for the Alola " League " since it's one that Alola ignored and didn't use, hence making the tournament less prestigious! We agree! Can't believe we came to an agreement on something.

League, no matter how much you try to deny it

League, no matter how much you try to deny it

Whatever you say, great to see we can finally get an agreement on something regarding time requirements! Never thought it would happen.

RafaSceptile

Whatever you say, great to see we can finally get an agreement on something! Never thought it would happen.

We are not agree, again, it doesn't affect its prestigious, in fact, is actually better not have a time restriction with the tournament (and also in the anime itself)

We are not agree, again, it doesn't affect its prestigious, in fact, is actually better not have a time restriction with the tournament (and also in the anime itself)

Dang, and we were so close too. :(

Question though, how many restrictions/barriers/requirements are you willing to give up before you start to question the quality of a tournament and its prestige? You must have a line somewhere?

I'm not going to lie, but I seriously wouldn't want to watch or see a tournament with a bunch of nobodies participating. Just me though.

RafaSceptile

Dang, and we were so close too. :(

Question though, how many restrictions/barriers/requirements are you willing to give up before you start to question the quality of a tournament and its prestige? You must have a line somewhere?

I'm not going to lie, but I seriously wouldn't want to watch or see a tournament with a bunch of nobodies participating.

We already see it in many real life leagues when only 2 or 3 have high possibilities to win, wait, such as any Pokémon League. And even then, some times it happened the surprise when the nobody is the one that win (the equivalent version in the Pokémon anime is Ash VS Cameron)

Oh my god, can't we just giggle at the fact a damn league considers a wild Pokemon following you enough for you to enter it, no strings attached.

Really, it's like an onion, the surface is bad enough, but even just peeling a little bit back will make your eyes cry. It just completely falls apart with even just a glance lol.

There are better fruit/vegetable analogies, but you get the gist :p

We already see it in many real life leagues when only 2 or 3 have high possibilities to win, wait, such as any Pokémon League. And even then, some times it happened the surprise when the nobody is the one that win (the equivalent version in the Pokémon anime is Ash VS Cameron)

I'm not sure I can comprehend your argument, but if one of the linchpins rests on the comparison between Ash vs Cameron to the Alola " league " I'm not sure that such a good thing for you plus it's absolutely hilarious in what it reveals.

Anyway, this convo got funnier and funnier as it went along, especially after I penned a serious piece on the quality of the opening episode of the Kalos League. But I'm done here for now.

RafaSceptile

I'm not sure I can comprehend your argument, but if one of the linchpins rests on the comparison between Ash vs Cameron to the Alola " league " I'm not sure that such a good thing for you plus it's absolutely hilarious in what it reveals.

Anyway, this convo got funnier and funnier as it went along, especially after I penned a serious piece on the quality of the opening episode of the Kalos League. But I'm done here for now.

Like 3 persons including me saying the opposite about how this episode was bad, and especially the Furfrou Trainer, so, I (we?) don't think so.

RafaSceptile

Ahh yes, maybe you didn't see this part in the piece

Done for sure 100% this time

I see the episode and I can say it, this was an average (so good) start of a Pokémon League Episode. But the Furfrou trainer was utterly disappointing and a waste of time especially if the tournament started at that point.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash did look like a badass in this episode, although im still pissed at how we didnt get to see the full battle with that altaria trainer (it should have mega evolved too) and how stupid the battle with Alain charizard and Trevor's charizard was. Alain freaking taught his charizard trigonometry lol :p
Mega charizard Y deserves better
Also makes no sense for Trevor to have such strong Pokémon imo, even stronger than tierno but alas
That furfrou speech was badass and all and ash looked cool, only if it meant something by ash actually winning the league.
Glad to see another kalos Vs alola war here, *sigh*
No entry requirements doesn't make the alola league less good or major but whatever think what you want

RafaSceptile

Also he always was extremely weird because it was a waste of time in a 2nd rushed part of this episode, and even more with the final result of the league

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
As I mentioned before on another topic, the barrier entry is pointless if the final rounds are the same. The Kalos League withoit any requirement will have Ash, Alain and Sawyer in the semifinals so...
That's true because they're main character and rivals and are always in top spot because anime revolves around them and not CoTDs. But I would be talking about per say Kalos league that happened when Ash was in per say Unova league. Then some random 4 people( since Ash is in Unova league, Alain and Sawyer are probably somewhere else) aka 4 COTDs are in semifinals in Kalos league. But if we remove Alola's top 5 and add badges as entries( so we're talking about SM competitors and we remove: Ilima, Kiawe, Ash,Guzma and Gladion, then no one would be in the league because no character in SM could've gotten all 8 badges. While in other leagues in which Ash doesn't participate (because leagues are not magically over when Ash loses in them) any COTD can be in semi finale because they get 8 badges. Thus badge entry is important in leagues.

RafaSceptile

That's true because they're main character and rivals and are always in top spot because anime revolves around them and not CoTDs. But I would be talking about per say Kalos league that happened when Ash was in per say Unova league. Then some random 4 people( since Ash is in Unova league, Alain and Sawyer are probably somewhere else) aka 4 COTDs are in semifinals in Kalos league. But if we remove Alola's top 5 and add badges as entries( so we're talking about SM competitors and we remove: Ilima, Kiawe, Ash,Guzma and Gladion, then no one would be in the league because no character in SM could've gotten all 8 badges. While in other leagues in which Ash doesn't participate (because leagues are not magically over when Ash loses in them) any COTD can be in semi finale because they get 8 badges. Thus badge entry is important in leagues.

Again, it is not important in Leagues. Even without badges only strong trainers that train constantly will reach to the final rounds. With or without requirements, most of the final rounds on previous leagues will be the same