• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A League of His Own! (928)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Again, it is not important in Leagues. Even without badges only strong trainers that train constantly will reach to the final rounds. With or without requirements, most of the final rounds on previous leagues will be the same
And in Pokemon animeverse any COTD can be as strong as that by training constantly.

RafaSceptile

And in Pokemon animeverse any COTD can be as strong as that by training constantly.

Yes, which is why Katie was on the Round of 32 in the Hoenn League. But the point still remains, the reason why you need a requirement is because is hard to make a tournament with a time restriction on the tournamente, which wasn't the case with the Alola League.

CMButch

Yes, which is why Katie was on the Round of 32 in the Hoenn League. But the point still remains, the reason why you need a requirement is because is hard to make a tournament with a time restriction on the tournamente, which wasn't the case with the Alola League.
Alola league had that requirement which is battle royale but I already posted why that requirement is bad and I wished they made 128 people tournament without any requirement. I know that would mean Alola league would be even bigger ( or they would screw it up) but I would've liked it. Honestly this is farfetch'd as f but I feel they wanted to make Alola league like Top 64 but they have seen Fortnite and how popular it is and they made like 1 episode of battle royale instead.
Aside from this I just thought of something. I know Paul was in those leagues but we don't know if we went to Top 4 per say so I am gonna remove him.
Kanto league with Ash : Top 4 are Assunta( COTD) and 3 more COTDs
Kanto leagues without Ash( not plural) : Top 4 are 4 CotD

Johto league with Ash: Top 4 are Harrison, Jon(COTD) and 2 more Cotds
Johto leagues without Ash: COTDS

Hoenn league with Ash: Top 4 are Tyson and 3 COTDs
Without Ash: 4 CotDs
etc etc

Basically there has been hundreds and hundreds league winners walking around maybe even some are in PWC.

RafaSceptile

Alola league had that requirement which is battle royale but I already posted why that requirement is bad and I wished they made 128 people tournament without any requirement. I know that would mean Alola league would be even bigger ( or they would screw it up) but I would've liked it. Honestly this is farfetch'd as f but I feel they wanted to make Alola league like Top 64 but they have seen Fortnite and how popular it is and they made like 1 episode of battle royale instead.
Aside from this I just thought of something. I know Paul was in those leagues but we don't know if we went to Top 4 per say so I am gonna remove him.
Kanto league with Ash : Top 4 are Assunta( COTD) and 3 more COTDs
Kanto leagues without Ash( not plural) : Top 4 are 4 CotD

Johto league with Ash: Top 4 are Harrison, Jon(COTD) and 2 more Cotds
Johto leagues without Ash: COTDS

Hoenn league with Ash: Top 4 are Tyson and 3 COTDs
Without Ash: 4 CotDs
etc etc

Basically there has been hundreds and hundreds league winners walking around maybe even some are in PWC.

Yes, and again, the important part is the constant training, not the Badges. Even without the requirements Trainers should train in order to become strong, which is what Ash, Gladion and Kiawe did prior to Even the announcement of the League, and they were the semifinalists.

CMButch

Yes, and again, the important part is the constant training, not the Badges. Even without the requirements Trainers should train in order to become strong, which is what Ash, Gladion and Kiawe did prior to Even the announcement of the League, and they were the semifinalists.
Yeah but badges would be motivator for people to battle. Like you get something like a reward when you train/battle. Same with Z moves, it doesn't have to be badges though. It could be medals, Z crystals idk anything, ranking up( like in PWC).

RafaSceptile

Yeah but badges would be motivator for people to battle. Like you get something like a reward when you train/battle. Same with Z moves, it doesn't have to be badges though. It could be medals, Z crystals idk anything, ranking up( like in PWC).

Yes, but as you said, it is only a motivator. Trainers with Z moves have better possibilities, especially if you won the Z Crystal in a Trial/Grand Trial, so trainers should want to win those, it isn't neccessary to be a requirement since trainers should have iniciative to become stronger.

CMButch

Yes, but as you said, it is only a motivator. Trainers with Z moves have better possibilities, especially if you won the Z Crystal in a Trial/Grand Trial, so trainers should want to win those, it isn't neccessary to be a requirement since trainers should have iniciative to become stronger.
Agreed, at least Z crystal would be make you more powerful than getting a badge. But I think currently PWC thing is the best. You actually go higher in ranks as you battle, even if you don't get anything from that. Maybe an ego boost lol.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If they had all the classmates blaze through the four trials (and if the requirements were to beat them all of course) in a bunch of montages, I'd find that worse ngl. Cheesy as it kinda was, Alain was excusable since he had the firepower to take out the gym leaders with ease. The aforementioned scenario would be awful and worse compared to no requirements.

Speaking of which, you kind of want your first big thing like this to be more open and inviting before laying out new stuff to impose in the future. If you make it stupidly restrictive initially, no one's going to want to participate.

RafaSceptile

Agreed, at least Z crystal would be make you more powerful than getting a badge. But I think currently PWC thing is the best. You actually go higher in ranks as you battle, even if you don't get anything from that. Maybe an ego boost lol.

It is an ego boost probably. Also, Megastones should be a requirement instead of badges, nobody already used two different megaevolutions even with at least two Pokémon on their team being able to mega evolve.