• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Legendary Photo Op! (889)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wait...what's wrong with Talonflame's voice? It sounds like a bird, and that's what it is. I don't see the problem. It kind of sounds reminiscent of Staraptor to me. I think you're overreacting.

It sounds like someone is being chocked to death while recording so that nobody ever guesses TPCI is killing someone.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wait...what's wrong with Talonflame's voice? It sounds like a bird, and that's what it is. I don't see the problem. It kind of sounds reminiscent of Staraptor to me. I think you're overreacting.

It wasn't even one constant similar tone, it literally sounded like a different cry in each scene. It's like they looked around the room at their hired VA's, but then walked out into the street and asked someone random to screech "Talonflame" into a microphone a few times instead..

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It sounds like someone is being chocked to death while recording so that nobody ever guesses TPCI is killing someone.

It wasn't even one constant similar tone, it literally sounded like a different cry in each scene. It's like they looked around the room at their hired VA's, but then walked out into the street and asked someone random to screech "Talonflame" into a microphone a few times instead..

If you say so. I really didn't see anything wrong with it.

Pikachu52

I actually thought the same thing, I just didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if most people have watched Chronicles or not. What it really was was a mixture of the two episodes.

To be honest I hadn't seen the Johto episode Freeze Frame but based on it's description the two episodes seem pretty similar. It seems the animes reached the point where there just recycling old episodes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So today we've learned how to make me go from adoring Talonflame to hating it in the space of two months.. by allowing this god awful dubbing team to supply it with their own voice..

I thought people were exaggerating, but I just heard its dub voice and it made me cringe. It sounds so unpleasant and badly acted even compared to his Fletchinder voice imho, which says a lot since that was done by Lisa Ortiz and was already bad enough imo.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I thought people were exaggerating, but I just heard its dub voice and it made me cringe. It sounds so unpleasant and badly acted even compared to his Fletchinder voice imho, which says a lot since that was done by Lisa Ortiz and was already bad enough imo.

She did the voice before?

Wow. I liked her better as a mid-evolution than a genki Gym Leader that liked extra evolutions. How ironic.

Rio!

Composer
Wow, I thought there was a bit of exaggeration concerning Talonflame's dubbed va good gracious. That is utterly ridiculous how Ash jumped into the volcano without a plan though, I kind of laughed at that. I'm also wondering how Frogadier's bubbles were able to withstand the heat of the lava without evaporating, let along being enough to pull up both Talonflame and Ash. Am I thinking on this too much?

calvinhobbesliker

Wow, I thought there was a bit of exaggeration concerning Talonflame's dubbed va good gracious. That is utterly ridiculous how Ash jumped into the volcano without a plan though, I kind of laughed at that. I'm also wondering how Frogadier's bubbles were able to withstand the heat of the lava without evaporating, let along being enough to pull up both Talonflame and Ash. Am I thinking on this too much?

They're Frubbles, not bubbles, so perhaps more heat-resistant than soap?

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Nice to see Trevor again. He sure is a bit funny, when he goes off-task about his primary goal. None of those Pokémon he snapped were truly unique, but that's just Trevor mindlessly thinking they are. And even though it seems like a recycled episode, it was nice to see the old Pokémon every once in a while.

I don't think we have an episode where we have the same plot, but with Zapdos yet.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Yeah, gonna have to agree with most here. Talonflame sounds really weird, and this is coming from someone who isn't normally bothered by character voices.

Moltres didn't really suit it either. Sounded more like a demon than a bird. And silly Clemont, birds don't roar.

Rapiido

what the hell was with the music in this episode
I mean the Japanese version was.... not as extraordinary as it could be music-wise, with Talonflame's evolution sounding somewhat underwhelming.
But the dub.
They legit went through their audio files, found the most boring, calming, lazy music they could find, then slapped it on top of an evolution sequence and legendary Pokemon battle. Seriously... what?
Also Talonflame started off sounding decent... then it just went so far downhill. This VA needs to practice ASAP.
Also sounded like they ruined Moltres's voice too... and I'm pretty sure it's mol-trays not mol-tress.
Can we get 4Kids back.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
what the hell was with the music in this episode
I mean the Japanese version was.... not as extraordinary as it could be music-wise, with Talonflame's evolution sounding somewhat underwhelming.
But the dub.
They legit went through their audio files, found the most boring, calming, lazy music they could find, then slapped it on top of an evolution sequence and legendary Pokemon battle. Seriously... what?
Also Talonflame started off sounding decent... then it just went so far downhill. This VA needs to practice ASAP.
Also sounded like they ruined Moltres's voice too... and I'm pretty sure it's mol-trays not mol-tress.
Can we get 4Kids back.
I know,right?There was no epic moment,no chills...nothing.And the voice,God!!!!...the voice!So bad.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Welcome back Trevor (even though I couldn't remember your name)! I really liked him in this episode as his enthusiasm for Pokémon just shines through in abundance. He sees things in Scatterbug that other Scatterbug don't see.

I honestly thought this was going to be a Legendary show off episode and that be it but it turns out that Fletchinder evolves too? The evolution sequence was really dramatic and really stood out for me (now that would have been a good picture Trevor). As for Talonflame's voice, the jury's out for me and I will leave it a few more episodes before making up my mind.

Great episode, onto the next one!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
TPCI must be really short on money if they can't afford a decent OST and good voices for a main cast's Pokemon. If Talonflame were just some COTD Pokemon or random wild mon it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is.

Granted I understand TPCI is very different compared to the other dubbing companies(Funimation, Aniplex USA ect) in they don't need to worry about the quality, this has been noticeable throughout XY especially during the beginning. But they can do better

Pikachu52

Talonflame's voice isn't that bad. It sounds roughly like a bird and isn't that different to Staraptor or Swello. People are getting hung up on the smallest of details. Is it really so bad that it makes Talonflame's scene unwatchable???

Rohanator

Talonflame's voice isn't that bad. It sounds roughly like a bird and isn't that different to Staraptor or Swello. People are getting hung up on the smallest of details. Is it really so bad that it makes Talonflame's scene unwatchable???
Yes.

Tho at least it gives a better indication of its gender. I may hate the acting but I assume the dub has SOME guide lines to follow, the Japanese producers were probably just like "this Pokemon is male, do what you will with it".

dman_dustin

I think the problem is Talonflame's VA overacted the scene. It was like a gamer and they were "firin' mah laser"

It was hilarious though but yes it was bad. I mean I'm disappointed that Sarah didn't have Ash show much character while Rica did.

But Talonflame's voice was so hilariously bad in comparison.

Still funny as hell though. "Talon FLAME!!! Oh well I'm sure the VA had fun along with the people listening.