• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A little help? Dish Network Related.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Ok, our Dish box went out and we got a new one, everything is installed, TV1 works fine remote and everything.

Tv2 get's Signal, but the remote will not do anything, no buttons do anything, pushing the Sat. button does not allow me to change channels or anything.

Is there either a.A way to have a different remote work for my Dish Receiver on Tv2, or b.A way to make Remote2 work on Tv2?

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Ok, our Dish box went out and we got a new one, everything is installed, TV1 works fine remote and everything.

Tv2 get's Signal, but the remote will not do anything, no buttons do anything, pushing the Sat. button does not allow me to change channels or anything.

Is there either a.A way to have a different remote work for my Dish Receiver on Tv2, or b.A way to make Remote2 work on Tv2?

Let me start off by saying that I am not well versed in the arts of setting up a TV, but what you're experiencing sounds like something I've heard of. But before I make my statement, let me ask this: are you using the old remote from the previous box, or the new one that came with the new box?

With a universal remote we had, you had to program it to work with your devices. You basically had to punch in some numbers that corresponded to the device you wanted to use it with.

So this is my suggestion (one that is based on just a little knowledge, mind you): try looking in manual for the box you are using the remote from. There may be instructions for how to program the remote or troubleshooting for just such a problem. Also, I would suggest checking to see if the manufacturer of the box/remote has some online resources. If you feel comfortable, would you mind posting the brand and model of the box? Maybe someone here will be able to dig up something once you post that.

Last edited:

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Let me start off by saying that I am not well versed in the arts of setting up a TV, but what you're experiencing sounds like something I've heard of. But before I make my statement, let me ask this: are you using the old remote from the previous box, or the new one that came with the new box?

With a universal remote we had, you had to program it to work with your devices. You basically had to punch in some numbers that corresponded to the device you wanted to use it with.

So this is my suggestion (one that is based on just a little knowledge, mind you): try looking in manual for the box you are using the remote from. There may be instructions for how to program the remote or troubleshooting for just such a problem. Also, I would suggest checking to see if the manufacturer of the box/remote has some online resources. If you feel comfortable, would you mind posting the brand and model of the box? Maybe someone here will be able to dig up something once you post that.

^ True. True universal remotes need to be configured for the specific model of device you want to use it with, as different devices use different lengths of IR pulses to receive communication from the remote. If the manual doesn't have your TV's model listed, try googling the model of your TV and the model of the URemote you're using.