• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A little help here please?

RickHoenn

Banned
I never thought of them as "having no point". All episodes are equal to me.

That's awesome :p all Pokemon arcs were nice even if DP was my least favorite it was great. People should enjoy more the anime instead of complaining and whining all the time about every little freaking detail. :eek:

Necro101

It is depending of the people some episodes most people think it is a filler so it is depending of you.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Just because an episode's a filler doesn't mean you should skip it. Some of my favourite episodes are fillers (that Orienteering one in Battle Frontier was a gem, as was the one where the Pokémon got stuck on that boat in DP.). Watch your way through the whole series, you'll enjoy it more that way.

Filler =/= bad or boring episode.

CliveKoopa

There is no such thing as a filler IMO. And since I watched the anime long before I played the games and I don't like a lot of the game mechanics, I base all my personal theories on tyhe Pokemon World on the anime.

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
I think it may just have been the early episodes that were particularly vivid, and the only real filler episodes I found boring were on the SS Anne and the sandshrew trainer with the Macho Brace. But today I sat down and watched the gastly episode (2000 year old girl) and bye-bye butterfree and really enjoyed them. I'm going to watch the lot xD. If only my laptop could handle RNGing and playing video at the same time!

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
There is no such thing as a filler IMO. And since I watched the anime long before I played the games and I don't like a lot of the game mechanics, I base all my personal theories on tyhe Pokemon World on the anime.

It's one thing to say you don't care about fillers, but pretending there aren't filler episodes is silly. The Pokemon games are the source material, no way around that, so go on and keep pretending the anime is the original source of the Pokemon franchise when that's not the case, I won't stop you.

CliveKoopa

Did I say it was the original source, no I didn't. I said that IMO, all episodes are watchable and are not filler. Don't twist my words. And it's not silly to have an opinion. I don't go bashing your opinions, so you don't bash other people's opinions.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I find fillers actually entertaining...

BlueVapor

I think it may just have been the early episodes that were particularly vivid, and the only real filler episodes I found boring were on the SS Anne and the sandshrew trainer with the Macho Brace. But today I sat down and watched the gastly episode (2000 year old girl) and bye-bye butterfree and really enjoyed them. I'm going to watch the lot xD. If only my laptop could handle RNGing and playing video at the same time!

Huh, The St. Anne episodes were some of my favorite's ever, lol. Though i do love the Maiden Peak episode :)

Anyway, what I always do is go on the main Serebii website or Bulbapedia. If go to each individual episodes pages, you can find out by the "Main Events" section, or whatever. If it says "None of Consequence" or something similar, the episode is probably filler. But, if you're watching these episodes for the first time, that could spoil them ...

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan

I think when most people talk about filler episodes, they're referring to a frequent occurence of long strings of episodes with zero important changes and usually bland and copypaste plots. Johto was notorious for sequences of episodes that all involved Ash meeting some person(s) who then were attacked/stolen from by Jessie and James, at which Ash and Co would rescue stolen goods/pokemon. Most of those filler episodes sucked, had lame guest characters and were just mind numbingly boring to watch. Not all filler episodes are bad, in fact, most of my favorite episodes could be defined as filler episodes.

so go on and keep pretending the anime is the original source of the Pokemon franchise when that's not the case, I won't stop you.

Yes, the important characters and events in the anime are based upon the video games, however the anime universe is very different than the game universe. Plus the individual storylines in the episodes are usually totally unique to the anime, or only loosely inspired by the games.

Recently I've had a bit of realisation, and actually like fillers now.

Most of the good episodes are filler episodes, a lot of the "important" episodes like gym battles, etc are actually really boring. I personally have found only a few big battles to have been exciting, most are predictable and rather unexciting.

CliveKoopa

I am actually planning on starting a complete "filler guide", which will be a list of every single episode and small details of what I believe to be filler and what isn't.

Even if an episode is filler however doesn't automatically make it boring and pointless.