• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A little info about Red and Blue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidda

IRC Grand Master
Red and Blue. Parts of the 1st generation, and the first international releases aswell, this makes it the first pokemon game ever. It all started here. Being released in North America on September 1, 1998, it was one of the most popular games for Game Boy ever made. Even today some people play those old games.

Players begin their journey in Pallet Town, where they choose a partner to walk with. You can choose Squirtle, Charmander or Bulbasaur. No matter what you take, the rival will take a Pokemon that overmatches you by type. Your first battle will be against him. After that, your journey begins and you will meet many people and Pokemon.

We have the gym leaders, which are Brock (Rock), Misty (Water), Lt. Surge (Electric), Erika (Grass), Koga (Poison), Sabrina (Psychic), Blaine (Fire) and Giovanni (Ground). The Elite Four consists of Lorelei (Ice), Bruno (Fighting), Agatha (Ghost) and Lance (Dragon). Finally, the Champion, your rival (Mixed).

There are version-exclusive Pokémon. You can only get them when trading to the other game.

Red and Blue can trade with all games of Generation 1 and 2. While you cannot link battle a generation 2 game, it is possible through Pokemon Stadium 2.

OTHER INFO:
  • There's a reference to the japanese Pocket Monster on the bottom off the Artwork of Red and Blue covers. "Link with (Red or Blue) version to catch all 150 monsters"
  • The blurb states that you can catch 139 different Pokemon in game without the use of trade. This counts every choose you can get. (i.e. Kaputops and Omanyte both included). This means that the true total of one adventure is 125 without trading.
  • Blastiose's first letter is shared with the mascot game, Blue.
  • Although Agatha is a Ghost trainer, shemerely uses ANY ghost Pokemon at all. Her only Ghost Pokemon is Ghost/Poison. She also has more poison pokemon with her. This makes many believe that she's only a Poison Trainer
More info to come soon. Check back later :D
What do you think of these games? Post below and discuss.

OK then.
Since some people post bad comments on my thread and CLOSES them, let me get this straight. This is an mini easy-to-read summary that contains various info on the decided topic based upon the full information. In this case, I use Bulbapedia. You want me to give a link for full summary to where I got the info from?

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
This has been known since the mid 90's, why are you sharing old and pointless information?

SonOfASubmariner

GIRUGAMESH!
Another note for OP, Agatha isn't Ghost type at all, due to the only Ghost type/s being part Poison and she also has an Arbok and Golbat, which are NOT Ghost types. so Agatha is more of a Poison Type E4 member than "Ghost" type E4 member.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Re-Pointing the past is fine, but unless you're adding something useful or up for discussion, having a thread full of information that can be read on wikipedia isn't really worth having a thread for.

Davidda

IRC Grand Master
Re-Pointing the past is fine, but unless you're adding something useful or up for discussion, having a thread full of information that can be read on wikipedia isn't really worth having a thread for.

Let me get this straight...
I am making a summary off all the info found about the specific topic. I don't want bad comments. Plus, yes it can be looked up on i.e. Bulbapedia, it is a SUMMARY. A SIMPLE SINGLE-READ SUMMARY.

Saph

Rapscallion
Basically, this thread is about users offering trivia about the original games. You never know, somebody might know something that isn't on Wikipedia/Bulbapedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.