• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A little note for you all.

mimefan

Banned
S.Suikun, I like your idea, or we could move the who's better, blah or blahdeblah to faceoffs. Or better yet, if you don't want SPAM then employ the 3 people with the most posts who aren't mods, to look after threads, and when one's became SPAMMY then those people can inform the mods.

harryheart

harryheart - Those types of topics tend to get on my nerves in general, but I don't feel the need to prohibit them (they aren't too excessive). We have a number of other places where members can discuss them, however. The Next Pokemon Thread as you mentioned, as well as the "If You Were in Charge" poll. Also, I feel the word "confirmed" is misused as a general rule on this forum, but you can't do much about that. If folks are posting false info as fact, it will be deleted. Reporting helps.

Yea I think that lots of memebers seem to believe that if they say it is going to happen and then mentioning that they have read it is or seen an official mention of it (even if they havent ) - that in some remarkable universe their version of things would be correct!

And yes I suppose I will need to start reporting a lot!​

An00bis

Wicked Witch
One of the reasons we cleared out a lot of the stickies was because they were creating page clutter. That said, by this point I think we have cut back enough to the point where I would not mind seeing one or two more per forum dedicated to a certain discussion. Since some of you feel that discussion is being closed off, I'd like to hear some suggestions - We have stickies dedicated to captures, evolutions, dub titles, etc., but is there anything else folks would like to see? Perhaps something that - while not banned - tends to get closed because of being overdone?

Instead of Stickying every thread we think is important for the moment there should be one " Important Topic Directory " that links to all the threads that aren't necessarily important enough to keep Stickied but contain topics that are discussed frequently enough that they don't really warrant another thread just because the first fell off of Page 1. In other words it'd be perfectly all right to bump those threads and those threads only because they either contain good information or well thought out discussion.

Some Good Candidates for This:

- The Cameos Thread
- The Paul / Shinji Thread
- The Animation Director's Thread
- The Anime Moves Debut Thread
- One Thread for the Grand Festival
- One Thread for the Pokemon League
- Thunderblade's Battle Records Thread
- The General Contest Thread in Non-Spoilers
- Cybercubed's " When Sinnoh Ends " ... Thread.
- There was a thread on the Galatic Plot. Can't find it now.

The same could be done in Anime Polls to keep the same Polls from being made over and over again.

You can leave the Directory Thread open so people could suggestion new additions. As a ground rule you can't nominate your own threads of course. Which threads get added and which aren't depend on what the mods collectively decide but in general only threads that offer potential long term discussion should be considered.

Speaking of Stickies ... I think the Movie 12 Sticky in Anime Spoilers has run its course. It's been a little over a month since the movie's been released and almost a month since the last post.

For example, one of the recently prohibited topics is the standard "Who is better? ____ or ____?" thread. They tend to be too general and spammy, but if we were to condense it into a single topic (in the Polls section, obviously), would you folks find it a useful venue of discussion? Users could present such face-off questions while others could discuss them (intelligently). That's just one instance I'm thinking of, of course. And obviously we aren't going to create an Official Female Poll or anything.

They should remained banned since they tend to be an excuse to make one liner posts. If we're all in the business of promoting intelligent conversation then we probably shouldn't allow people to make Polls that can be answered with one liners or word; one word. More common / generalized threads like " Which of Ash's Teams do you Like the Best " or " What's your Favorite Episode " offer more mileage if people answer correctly. If they don't they should get a warning for making a borderline SPAMy post.

Or better yet, if you don't want SPAM then employ the 3 people with the most posts who aren't mods, to look after threads, and when one's became SPAMMY then those people can inform the mods.

Every member has the ability to make Reports regardless of how much they post. Making the forums better for everyone should be a community effort. It isn't just the responsibility of the mods to make sure that new and old members behave themselves. As stated in the first post mods are human. They're not here all the time. If something disruptive or outright banned comes up just report it so it can be taken care of ASAP.

Rampardo

Mods, it's time for the Movie 12 thread to be unstickied and let it die a certain death. The movie is long overdue by now. Create a thread for it in the movie section instead.

- The Animation Director's Thread
I think this one deservres to be perma stickied, as i think it's very useful information whether a upcoming ep is going to look good or not. Not to mention, it could include the scriptwriter for upcoming episodes as well, which is also useful. Its just my opinion though.

JD

I noticed that someone has been posting false episodes constantly I dont know if there doing it by mistake or not but master pika is.

dman_dustin

No offense to you Alfonso but one of the main reasons why DP143 and DP144 is rampant with capture speculation is because of the tv tokyo translation of the "hour" long special. Okay true it began before, but I think the summary made it acceptable for capture speculation.

17th September Broadcast- New Companion Get Special or even better yet. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10364857&postcount=399

The fact that the Japanese usually use "get" to mean the capture of Pokemon makes it seem a capture is likely. But there is a possibility it meant the anime version of the heart gold and soul silver girl.

How can we not speculate on a capture when TV Tokyo basically tells us that a capture almost seems likely.
------------------

Maybe because its my neutralness to many things, but in my eyes this forum is not that bad. I mean okay people are breaking rules so they should be punished but is it really out of control?

One problem I see though (and maybe this is why it seems out of control), and it's probably why there is a problem but most people are incapable of ignoring "stupid" posts. It's like they have to respond to the post just so they can get their say in before the "thread" closes, or until the subject has changed. However I can see how this line of thinking would make me think its not out of control because I usually ignore stupid posts and it doesn't bother me much. I may sigh or roll my eyes but really oh well.

And is it really necessary to post something like "Your post was unnecessary you have been reported" personally I find that a bit more grating to me than some of these annoying posts.

Then there's the insults that seem to be going on. It isn't enough that people respond to "stupid" posts it's that they seem to mocking the person. Some unintelligible posts are simply due to the limited grasp of English a person has. If the poster is obviously not a native English speaker, is it really necessary for one to respond to their post solely because "you" feel the need to tell them that they used the English language wrong, and their post is stupid because of it?

One of the things on here that annoys me to no end, isn't the single rule breaking posts you see. It's every "should be rule-breaking" posts in response to that single "rule breaking" thread/post. I can deal with a few I suppose are rule breaking threads/posts but then people respond to it and the annoyance factor exponentially increases to the point of frustration.

Also "repetitive" posts are annoying as well. No matter how you say it, I don't need to see your post with different synonyms but the same general message. I don't mind it as much in the next capture thread, when repetitive posts are expected. I'm talking about the posts that try to cover up the fact they are repetitive.

I guess that's all I have to say for the moment.

Last edited:

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Personally, I reckon the best approach to lighten the load is to keep it simple. Restricting what members can discuss is just too immense of a task, so instead of outlawing certain conversations and being forced to police that rule, I think your best bet is to give the mindless speculation a place. An00bis’s list is a good example of the kind of discussions that would benefit from this idea, allowing certain topics to be the allocated place for common discussions so there aren’t multiple versions of what is essentially the same conversation.

Also, I’d say discourage the posting of new topics in the spoilers section. Fair enough, people like to speculate, however absurd and baseless it becomes, but since there is such a demand for it, just restrict where it should be mentioned. That’s another pet peeve of mine, a majority of the topics in the spoilers section being pure conjecture or opinion, I reckon the only topics that desperately need to be posted are those that contain actual news, like new episode titles or some titbits of info or some picture that shows new evolutions/ captures. That stuff is news and deserves to be shared as soon as possible, so let people post that, but the rest of the topics should have an official place for specific discussions. It’s up to you guys whether or not you have the energy to approve every new topic like if members message you with the details to get your say so, or if you just discourage new topics being opened and just lock the unnecessary ones that slip through the net.

Finally, if any of you guys with mod powers read through the entire new episode title threads, could you please edit the first post with any details that crop up?

Alfonso

Derpgull
Obviously if a capture is incredibly obvious, or is actually stated/heavily hinted or shown within a preview/episode title itself then that is going to be the main focus for discussion and that is somewhat fair enough. Some episodes will be exceptions to the rule, it's common sense as to what those episodes will be.

I assume that's the way it goes, anyway.

I apologise dman_dustin for not making myself clear when I was making complaints about speculation threads.

My complaints were mainly directed at the majority of speculation threads that usually turn into 'Hmmm I think ____ will catch this, in this episode' or '____ will evolve' with little or no indication or hint. I don't like to bring up the same episodes over and over again, but the Tangrowth/Hustle thread really was the worst I've seen in a long time... and I was about with the constant Numel capture frenzy where in pretty much every thread bar Gym battles people were wondering if Ash was going to catch one. That was awful.

An exaggeration perhaps, but not too far off.

I came up with a long list of things in that episode that could be discussed or speculated that didn't include getting a bloody Chikorita egg and it took me about a minute to think up a list containing around 8 suggestions. Of course, the logic of 'there's nothing in this episode interesting enough to discuss so we should be able to post nonsense' bounced back at me.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I noticed that someone has been posting false episodes constantly I dont know if there doing it by mistake or not but master pika is.

Oh, I remember that happening. But thank goodness it got taken care of. =)

And Chelc, thanks for starting this topic. All I just hope is that I haven't done anything wrong. ._.

Im no stranger to character bashing and hatred at all. Not just from Serebiiforums in general to be specific.

Plus, I don't believe I have a lot more to say so I agree with the all the many other ideas here everyone has posted. =)

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
Also, QUIT bringing up the Johto BF. There has been NO CONFIRMATION whatsoever about ANY Battle Frontiers, so STOP talking about them UNTIL they are confirmed. It doesn't MATTER how obvious they are to you, there is STILL NO PROOF THAT THEY EXIST. Speculation on something that does not exist yet = SPAM.

Can't we speculate about the Johto BF, on the basis that HG/SS are being released, which was like when FR/LG were released and their releasing caused the anime to go to Kanto?

JD

Wait chelc saying that you said no bringing up a johto bf should we not bring up the filler arc in johto due to not even revealed there will be one?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Apologies to any mod that wanted to keep it secret for some reason, but just to let the general populace know, thread directories have been part of the discussion. The difficult part is using best judgment of what constitutes an important enough thread for the list. Obviously we would not include every dang topic. But stay tuned. And if you have furether suggestions, bring 'em up. :)

An00bis does make another good point about the polls, so let me bring about a few more proposals - Would you people like to see the return of the "Favorite Character?" and "Favorite Episode?" stickies? I don't want it to be overkill, but those both seem like reasonably important ones. They seem to constantly come and go as regular topics, and I admit to having liked when they were at the top of the page.

Since we're on the topic of stickies, even though the Future Dub Title Guess thread has been stickied for probably four years now, would anybody mind if it was unpinned? It's a fun topic and totally worth keeping around, but not only does it not generate too much activity, but is it truly that vital in the long run?

As for the Movie 12 thread, most of us have been merely waiting for Serebii to create the official discussion, but that doesn't seem to be happening without a site summary. Some sort of venue needs to exist for Movie 12, methinks, but I wouldn't be opposed to at least unpinning it.

Edit:
hmmm and Mudkip43 - Discussing it is highly discouraged unless there is some concrete piece of indicative info. For instance, I let some discussion slide in the Palmer thread seeing as how not only was he a Brain, but because there was a leak of HGSS game BF info that week. But it was still rather restricted, and we ended up not getting any real info once the episode did air. We'll let you know when the ban is lifted.

Last edited:

Yeti

Banned
Someone mentioned it previously, and I also encounter this problem... I sift through the DP### threads looking for confirmed information regarding the episode only to be greeted by pages upon pages of speculation, often baseless.

I feel like a good way to resolve this would be to have a sticky, for all upcoming Japanese episodes, in which users post plot developments etc about the upcoming episode(s) and preferably link to their source. So sort of a "Confirmed Facts" thread, with the title being updated every week after the previous episode airs. The posts regarding the former episodes could be deleted or left in place, with people knowing to go to the last page(s) for information.
Then the 'new episode title' threads would be for speculation based off these confirmed facts, so those of us who wish to submit our guesses as to the happenings can do so without disrupting those who simply want to find out the facts.

Or simply ban speculation in the threads altogether since 90% of the posts are peoples' unbased speculation on the episode which is almost always wrong and more spammy than anything else... o3o

It seems like this section would work better if the mods were delegated certain threads to moderate or 'watch over', so the major threads were split between them, and any reports/smaller threads that were spammy or whatever would be picked up by another mod. Perhaps more mods would be required for this configuration but it seems like the mods split their attention between all the threads equally, instead of certain mods monitoring certain threads in more detail.
That would require the mods talking and assigning/choosing what threads they want and I'm not sure if they'd want to do that, but I'd think it'd be simpler to closely scan a few threads than skim them all for bad posts.
Of course I'm not entirely sure how the moderation of threads is done regardless, such as if it's entirely report-based (I have been told at least one mod only looks at reports in this section...) or something else. Just a thought to potentially make the mod's lives easier.

Valmont

Hi there, I’ve been a prominent lurker on this forum in particular for quite some time. The only real reason I would visit is because I’ve been a fan of the anime since ’97 and this is the first place I can get accurate information on what’s coming up. I never took the time to join because of the childishness that goes on in this board.
Your first problem is ingrained in the fact that it is pokemon, who’s target audience aren’t people with a logic sequence of thinking (IE: young’ins)
Your next problem lies in the fact that you’re pretty much combining speculation and upcoming episode discussion into one while you lack a character discussion forum. (read on further to my “two cents” for an elaboration)
If I recall someone mentioned something about approving the kinds of people who post on this thread or reviewing the posts. That’s simply a stupid idea. This is not a private forum nor was it created as one. Doing that will only cause anger amongst the community and everyone will actually be justified in calling the people here “Nazis”.
You will never get rid of this problem. They will never read the rules (heck, I’ve never read the rules). You can never make them read the rules.You can give them referrals, ban them, insult them, etc; but they will always be here, fantasizing about their favorite characters, pretending to be put in their shoes and hoping that they catch missingno.

If you want my two cents, add a forum for shear speculation. In this thread should belong the “Next (insert something here)”, cameo appearances, pokemon capture, pokemon moves, and such which is not relevant to valid information that we’re given at the present moment. I know many of you will vomit at the idea of this, but experimentation never hurt. You can modify the rules so you don’t have absurdities like “OMG AHS SHOLD CAPRURTE MEWTWO!!!!!!!11111!” (which I’ve seen before).

Next, add a sub-forum for character discussion/pokemon discussion. Seeing as how these types of threads seem to be prominent around here (my advice would be to not allow any ‘characters of the day’ to be discussed here). Also, we’ve come a long way from the days of two-dimensional characters.

Finally, because of the vague concept of “discussion”, (I mean we’re only given two sentences for each episode description) we will always have the problem of absurd speculation and not the more logical “let us analyze what we have and put a hint of logical speculation”.

This problem will never end, just look at any discussion board and I’m sorry if it angers you but that’s life in combination with the internet, you can chose to allow it to consume you or you can think of a way to solve the problem, not try to suppress it.

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderblade12

Reply to Yeti's post: Yeah, that's could work. Kinda like the OneManga Naruto forums.

Temporarily sticky new episode title threads and name them "DP### confirmed info thread" and warn the users that posting anything other than facts will lead to a 3 day ban or something.

When we get a preview for an episode, when it is a week or two away, a speculation thread can be created for that episode. After the episode had aired both the speculation thread and the confirmed info thread can be closed

randomspot555

this is the first place I can get accurate information on what’s coming up.

lol

I have never, ever gotten a spoiler (as in, an unaired episode in Japan) from the Anime Spoiler forum.

The main site, certainly. Here? Never.

Your first problem is ingrained in the fact that it is pokemon, who’s target audience aren’t people with a logic sequence of thinking (IE: young’ins)

It isn't rocket science.

Baseless speculation is basically fan fic. So go write a fan fic about it (there's even a forum for it!). Or, since most of the baseless speculation is a half a sentence of nonsense, post it on Twitter/Xanga/somewhere not here.

Your next problem lies in the fact that you’re pretty much combining speculation and upcoming episode discussion into one while you lack a character discussion forum. (read on further to my “two cents” for an elaboration)

There really doesn't need to be a "character discussion forum." Only a handful of characters actually get decent discussion, and sometimes a thread.

PAD general can serve as that, and anyone posting information not yet aired in the dub can use spoiler tags. The AS forum also serves as it, so people don't have to worry about spoiler tags (IE Shinji discussion, whichever Pokemon is getting a lot of use in the last few/next few episodes, etc...)

This is not a private forum nor was it created as one.

It, in fact, is a private forum. Serebii (Joe) owns and runs the forum and web site, and entrusts others to do some of the other work for him.

Doing that will only cause anger amongst the community and everyone will actually be justified in calling the people here “Nazis”.

Okay, see, I was 13, or 14 or whatever once. Yes, people at that age aren't the most intellectual out there, but they don't have to post like idiots.

To be fair , I know a number of posters here my age that post like idiots too.

Fortunately, I don't think SPPF or any forum should change how business is run just because of the lowest common denominator.

If you want my two cents, add a forum for shear speculation. In this thread should belong the “Next (insert something here)”, cameo appearances, pokemon capture, pokemon moves, and such which is not relevant to valid information that we’re given at the present moment. I know many of you will vomit at the idea of this, but experimentation never hurt. You can modify the rules so you don’t have absurdities like “OMG AHS SHOLD CAPRURTE MEWTWO!!!!!!!11111!” (which I’ve seen before).

Those people for baseless speculation can get creative and write a fan fic. Or keep it to themselves. Either way is fine with me.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Most of the stuff had been answered by S.Suikun or Alfonso, and I don't think some of them need to be repeated more than twice tbh. ^^;

@"Idiots"
Some people are new, some can improve, some . . . can be considered beyond help. We should probably stop judging them as morons sometimes coz they still have room for improvement. We all had to start somewhere. As for the beyond help ones: *stamps a "Mod was here" sign*

@Moderation being on
I disagree. If it's news, it should be treated like news. Spoilers is a combination between news and discussion. If someone created a thread because a new info was just announced (like "OMG BF WAS JUST CONFIRMED IN 'SO AND SO' MAGAZINE!") and you have to wait until a mod gets online and approve it, next thing you know you might have to wait from 24 to 48 hours (worst case scenario). It also doesn't help that the forums dies usually at the time some big news about the games come up. So yeah.

In fact, I think the directory seems like a better idea. Maybe the staffs and I should run the thought process first before trying to install it. XD;

@Movie 12 thread
As S.Suikun mentioned it seems like speculation threads are only closed when a discussion thread is made in their own summary section. Without the summary available in serebii.net chances are you aren't going to see the new thread up in summary section until that gets done. Now you should get where I'm going with this. ^^; I'd love to close/unsticky it myself but I think we should get Joe/Serebii's permission for that and asking him this week or early next week wouldn't be a good idea. When things get cooled down with the games stuff, I'll try to ask him if we can at least unsticky it. D:

Valmont said:
Next, add a sub-forum for character discussion/pokemon discussion. Seeing as how these types of threads seem to be prominent around here (my advice would be to not allow any ‘characters of the day’ to be discussed here). Also, we’ve come a long way from the days of two-dimensional characters.

Disagree. It'll die. 'Nuff said.

An00bis said:
PAD general can serve as that, and anyone posting information not yet aired in the dub can use spoiler tags. The AS forum also serves as it, so people don't have to worry about spoiler tags (IE Shinji discussion, whichever Pokemon is getting a lot of use in the last few/next few episodes, etc...)

That would require a restart of the Paul/Shinji discussion thread since I'm sure it has a bunch of spoiler stuff in it. ^^; I wouldn't mind moving all character discussion to the main PAD tbh. Discussion there are kind of lacking. |:

thunderblade12 said:
Temporarily sticky new episode title threads and name them "DP### confirmed info thread" and warn the users that posting anything other than facts will lead to a 3 day ban or something.

3 day bans aren't possible unless a + or higher is involved. Furthermore, I think that's be too harsh on the members who may be new as well. I think I'd rather stick with the separate threads for new title/discussion than that.

Speaking of which.

IMPERIAL DRAGON said:
Finally, if any of you guys with mod powers read through the entire new episode title threads, could you please edit the first post with any details that crop up?

Haha. I was thinking of that but never got a chance to do it. Though that would require linking it back to who the original poster of that is which isn't a big deal; just hope it's alright to the user who posts them. ^^!

Yeti said:
It seems like this section would work better if the mods were delegated certain threads to moderate or 'watch over', so the major threads were split between them, and any reports/smaller threads that were spammy or whatever would be picked up by another mod. Perhaps more mods would be required for this configuration but it seems like the mods split their attention between all the threads equally, instead of certain mods monitoring certain threads in more detail.

I disagree. That's not team work. Imo, team work also consist of gaining each person's idea about the issue than relying just on one's own opinion. Since it may lead to discrepancy and inefficiency, I don't think that'll work. 'Sides, some of the members are going to get bonkers if the mod incharge of that thread isn't on and when they PM another anime staff they are told to wait until that mod gets online.

hmmm said:
Can't we speculate about the Johto BF, on the basis that HG/SS are being released, which was like when FR/LG were released and their releasing caused the anime to go to Kanto?

There were members (still present) mentioning once that "what happens in games =/= what happens in the anime". Fact of the matter is, that applies to Johto BF. The info released on the anime may not necessarily be the same info we've discovered for the games. So like S.Suikun said, we'll give you a notice when that ban is lifted when that confirmed information is released.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
It's not like presidential power or anything, but I would personally attempt to veto thread moderation, and I think most of the staff agrees. As Kiori said, it would create a lengthy waiting period before important news is posted. Second, threads like title reveals in particular are generally a news rush to whoever posts the info first, and we don't want to be bogged down with a bazillion new thread attempts. We understand that you'd want to comment immediately. Third, our staff is pretty limited and there are plenty of times when none of us is online. Sure, we get a lot of bad threads in here, but I don't think it's as brutal as say...GPD or the HGSS forums.

Though as a reminder to members, if you're ever unsure about whether a topic should be posted, do not hesitate to ask my permission or the permission of any other mod via PM.

I will say that I am in favor of keeping speculation threads the way they are (although I do like the suggestion of updating the first post with info and summaries, including basic rules and probably a link to the TV Tokyo preview). We recently cut back on new preview threads being created and simply keeping the original title reveal thread, and I think that's at least helped when it comes to keeping the page clean. However, having a single thread for ALL future titles seems too disorganized to me. If there's 4 or 5 upcoming titles and you want to discuss only one in particular, while the next user wishes to comment on another, you don't have a focused discussion. And checking the thread every time there's a new post just to see if there's a new title seems annoying. You can keep it simple without keeping it condensed. That's just my own take, as I know there's others who would be fine with a single thread.

Yeti

Banned
However, having a single thread for ALL future titles seems too disorganized to me. If there's 4 or 5 upcoming titles and you want to discuss only one in particular, while the next user wishes to comment on another, you don't have a focused discussion. And checking the thread every time there's a new post just to see if there's a new title seems annoying. You can keep it simple without keeping it condensed. That's just my own take, as I know there's others who would be fine with a single thread.
A single thread for speculation/discussion regarding upcoming episodes is rather unreasonable. Too many good posts regarding any one episode would be lost under the poor posts of 3+ other episodes being discussed.
A [potentially] more successful single thread would be for people to post confirmed facts about the episodes in, which enables users who simply want to read spoilers regarding the upcoming episodes to do so without wading through speculation, and allows users who wish to speculate to do so in the episode's proper speculation thread.
Of course, checking for a new title would probably be annoying, so there COULD be two threads, one for reporting new titles which would ONLY be posted in when word of new titles or title changes occurs, and another thread for posting the preview and other confirmed info about the episodes. Then the unstickied, typical speculation thread created by a user with the preview included.

Now whether the speculation thread is created prior to the preview [which seems pointless as there's generally only a title to speculate from] or once the preview is up would have to be determined.

Basically it might look like this:
sticky New Jap Episode Titles [in which users post the new episode titles and changes as they are confirmed, perhaps even the director and the summary if available]
sticky Confirmed Information on Upcoming Episodes: DP##4-##6 [in which confirmed info regarding appearences, VAs, plots and the like are posted for the current upcoming episodes so those interested can view the thread and acquire such info without speculation]
DP### Speculation Thread [in which speculation occurs as usual based off the info in the Confirmed Info thread]

*shrugs* just a thought on the situation from someone who's rather bored of sorting through speculation threads for actual spoilers.

Kiori said:
I disagree. That's not team work. Imo, team work also consist of gaining each person's idea about the issue than relying just on one's own opinion. Since it may lead to discrepancy and inefficiency, I don't think that'll work. 'Sides, some of the members are going to get bonkers if the mod incharge of that thread isn't on and when they PM another anime staff they are told to wait until that mod gets online.
Ah, the fact my notion wasn't really team work didn't occur to me when I posted it. I was assuming each mod would have the same standardized posts they'd infract/warn for or delete, but of course each one has their own opinions.
And the member factor, of some raging if a post isn't gone immediately. Which is why I suggested a mod who handles reports from any thread and doesn't have any set assigned threads, so in the instance the thread's mod wasn't on and there was a post breaking the rules it would be dealt with. Then again they might not be on at that time either or for a while so there's the same problem of it not being handled :p
But like I said I'm not 'in the know' of how exactly the modding is done in this section so if mods feel the current situation works best [which is questionable to me simply because this thread was created] as opposed to ANY variation I wish them well.

*salutes* ;493;

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I think part of the problem is that so little is certain- people want to discuss but there may not be anything exciting going on at the time to talk about, so they look further into the future. Really, except for movie posters and stuff, we don't find out what's due to happen in the show until it's due to happen very soon. So there's not much educated speculation to be made that isn't about the next two or three known episodes.