• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A little note for you all.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
My only input is thank you so much for making this thread, I've found it very annoying how many members here mistake speculation for discussion

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
I agree this needed to be done I only read the first few posts in this but i agree with Chelc. I've never really been all that active member but I read through the title threads when they get released. After the last 2 threads have been opened its all OMG misty going to appear cause togpei is appearing she has too. In the johto festival one all that is mentioned is omg the starters are appearing Dawn is going to capture x starter then people go on about the things why they think she's going to capture the starter.
I think the threads for the episode should not be released until we have a preview like they used to be not like they have been recently. so everyone could spam the thread with countless babble about things that probably are'nt going to happen

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
First off: thank you Chelc for creating thread and thanks to all who answered. I have not agreed w/ every suggestion but was encouraged by how well pleas were expressed. Whatev the consensus is I'll try my best to abide by. Here is my take on the matter:

I have not enjoyed reading many of the chara vs discussions. They often start out well but disentegrate quickly to flames. But I understand that many ppl DO like them and when the convo is civil they can be useful. Why not start by opening a thread for them as others suggest in Pokepolls on a trial basis. If say by 2 wks no one (or v. few ppl) have caused a ruckus it gets sticky'd w/ the understanding that mods can and will shut it down permanently if the situation ever gets ugly?
Possible BF seems harder to regulate at the mo as Johto hype is in high gear. I think we all need to give-and-take in that regard and use our best judgment. If a spec occurs outside a approved area by someone who is v. new, an infrequent poster (i.e. those w/out any prev infracts) I think they should get 1 warning before an official reprimand. If this seems too much of favoritism than perhaps that courtesy shld be extended to all?
Anywho I think okay topics to discuss a BF would be a ep title wherein it is confirmed Palmer appears (as he is a Brain), a title where Johto is used in the name itself, and IF it is created topic(s) for Challenges/Regions After The Sinnoh Leagues or similar wording.

Brazillianguy

Well, judging what I have read so far, I'm actually liking this discussion. First of all despite being a private site I definitely can say that These forums have very respectfull politics. I apreciate what the mods have been doing, and firmly understand that they have an important but hard work here. I may have opinions for what you have been discussing, but for now I'll only show- I apologize for being so general- my most important opinion: want to discuss, do it, but make sure you're following the rules (and this includes not posting idiotic things). Afterall, I don't see a real crisis here, and have never thought Anarquism would get off the paper, and it'll never do it. We'll always need a north, and the mods have this role here, and do it very well, which leaves me with my last stand: we may need more mods for the future.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Unsticking the Dub Title Guess Thread:Sure, why not. It's not like it's important, and less clutter is good.

I will say that I am in favor of keeping speculation threads the way they are (although I do like the suggestion of updating the first post with info and summaries, including basic rules and probably a link to the TV Tokyo preview).
Updating the posts of new title threads with info+summaries(preferably along with the date they were revealed, so that we don't have to figure out what's actually new and what isn't whenever we look at the first post) is an excellent idea. I'd really love to see a clampdown on the pointless, almost spammy speculation that goes on between when we first hear of a title and when we get actual info about the episode(not just "Cynthia might show up in one of the Johtopalooza episodes because Bulbapedia might have said..."-style "info"), but then again, if I can just look at the first post to see if there's new info...I won't be wading through pages of terrible "speculation" posts anyway. Thank god for that, since there's nothing worse in a speculation thread than the time between a title reveal and the revealing of good, relevant info about what happens in an episode.
And the initial post in title reveal threads is often pretty worthless anyway. "Whoo, a TITLE. Go nuts, guys." Basically what I'm saying is that you could lock the title reveal threads after a page of discussion happens, then re-open them when actual info comes out and the quality of the threads would actually increase. Hopefully the people who like posting such gems as "Dawn's getting a Chikorita because a Chikorita is mentioned in this episode title" and "Dawn's getting a Togepi from Cynthia because this ep involves Togepi and Cynthia's totally appearing because Bulbapedia said so for 15 minutes before someone edited the page back to its correct state" don't just go elsewhere in the anime forums for their useless posting needs.

I still think we need a little more organization in the speculation threads. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it annoying when the eps in a title reveal thread are going to air in a couple of weeks and there's still only one thread for two(or, god forbid, THREE) episodes that are going to be getting a lot of new discussion and info. I can't think of any nice way to split the title reveal threads into nice, orderly seperate-episode-speculation threads more than a week before all the episodes air, though.

Finally, burn the Piplup whiners. Burn them with fire. It was kinda funny and understandable when that first started...two years ago. (I think. How long HAS it been since people first started getting annoyed with Piplup?) Unless you're willing to write a 3 page, double-spaced paper(using Times New Roman, of course) on the evolution of Piplup's character and why society has shunned it so much after its novelty wore off, don't freaking bash Piplup. We've heard it before. At least 250 times. Per day. I was around for people complaining about Munchlax, Max, Torkoal(and how it's NEVER USED FOR ANYTHING EVER), and other such glorious memories of AG, but none of those were this bad. At least that one guy who always insisted on calling Buizel Boo-izel went away.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
In the case of slowkingsley's threads, he seems to be doing a pretty good job of at least updating the first post with summaries.

The problem with locking and re-opening speculation threads seems to be the problem we would run into with thread moderation, and that's that we would not know when the new info comes, lest we wanted to wake up to 5 billion messages once one of us gets online. I trust that there are at least enough sensible members on this board that can attempt to salvage things (though even if we can't shut down every bit of stupid speculation, don't be afraid to at least report the three-word spam posts). Which brings me to my next point...

Today has seemed to be a big flame day, for whatever reason. If you feel like somebody's predictions are unrealistic or are based upon faulty grounds, call them out professionally. I don't want to see any of this "If you actually had a brain then you would realize that Cyndaquil belongs to Professor Westwood you stupid jerkface" nonsense. Long-time forumgoers know that I love sarcasm, but when used in a derogatory fashion, it becomes obnoxious.

thunderblade12

Something I've noticed after reading the last two pages of the "Suiren Contest and Gible" thread is that most people don't seem to read other posts before posting themselves. It leads to people discussing the same thing over and over. Certain members asking questions that they would know the answer to if they read the post directly above theirs. It's understandable that a person wouldn't want to read through 35 page threads but they could at least read the OP, the first two pages, and the two newest pages before posting.

Also, isn't there some rule that if you want to post in the spoiler section you should have at least some idea what's going on in the story up to the most recent Japanese episode?

I don't know if this is a big problem it's just something I felt like pointing out.

The nonexistant "patterns" that lead people to believe they can see the future of the anime and 100% confirm what the main character's pokemon rosters will look like at like Episode 1678 or something.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I also have something to ask: The Johto Grand Festival. Pretty much all of us know that the anime has confirmed since 2006. And I can see that there's hardly a lot of talk about this upcoming event. That is, if the anime will show it in the anime. Possibly for another reason for Ash and the gang to go back to Johto. But anyway, are there even current rules for the Spoilers section to talk about the Johto Grand Festival, or has it just been off of our minds a bit?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ My honest guess? The Johto Grand Festival already happened off-screen and we're never going to learn the results.

I'm pretty sure debating about new specials being made is pointless too since there's nothing indicating they ever plan to make them again.

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
Originally I became a member for the animé section, but to be honest, I rarely look at the section. After a few weeks I noticed that lots of threads are almost just copied from an earlier thread but with another title. Besides, a few members in the animé section just can't stay on topic. I'm getting a bit bored about all that topics about 'Is Dawn gonna catch another Pokemon before the GF?, Which battles would you like to see and all that HG/SS discussions. I'm happy that there's a thread like this now. I hope it will help.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I also have something to ask: The Johto Grand Festival. Pretty much all of us know that the anime has confirmed since 2006.

The chances we'll see the Johto Grand Festival are about as good as us seeing what Brock is doing after he went off to Professor Ivy. We might see it on television at best some point in the future but I seriously doubt we'll see enough to warrant a real discussion ... let alone one right now and here.

I'm getting a bit bored about all that topics about 'Is Dawn gonna catch another Pokemon before the GF?, Which battles would you like to see and all that HG/SS discussions. I'm happy that there's a thread like this now.

I agree that things are pretty boring around here. Remember a few months ago one of the Mods were asking for suggestions for more " Fun " threads then your standard Speculation or Information Threads but there didn't seem to be many takers.

Just for fun I did something that I used to do on Neopets (thank goodness I quit because this is descending into madness) a lot to give a realistic view on ... something.

I started doing this at Noon (12PM EST).

According to the Front there are 65 people looking at the Anime Section.

There are 20 non-Sticky Threads on the front page of Anime Spoilers.

There are 5 Sticky Threads on the front page of Anime Spoilers.

10 of those Threads (50%) are locked.

7 non-Stickies got a reply Today.

3 Sticky Topics got a reply Today.

4 additional non-Sticky Topics got a reply yesterday (3 of those are now Locked).

Of the 7 Threads that got a reply Today 4 are either Episode Speculation Threads or related to the Episode Discussion Threads (DP143 - 146, DP157, and the DP145 Contest Thread).

So what does that mean? On average this is the second most Active Section of the Forums (HGSS has more viewers but it's just temporary) but only a small number of the Topics are active on any given day. So many people are viewing the section but no one is posting. Why?

Is it possible they're bored, too?

Chelc

The problems just don't stop here, do they?

It has come to my attention that some of you are giving PK0082 a hard time when it comes to translations, and now he is leaving the forums for this reason. I do not know the full situation, but the little I know makes me very angry. He is not your own personal online translator. He is a MEMBER of this forum just like the rest of you, and came here to have fun discussing the anime with others, not to be stressed out or anything over translations. Those of you who treated him so disrespectfully should be ashamed of yourselves, and I hope you apologize to him before he leaves. I swear if I knew the names of those who did this to him I would take action asap.

This goes for ANYONE who posts translations in this forum, like Sushi, and whoever else (not many names come to my mind, apologies if I forgot anyone). The lack of appreciation you express towards them disgusts me. They don't have to post translations, yet they do it anyways, to make YOU GUYS happy. There wouldn't even be much to discuss here in this forum without their help, so stop being rude, selfish, impatient, etc, and learn to be thankful for their help instead.

Camus

ice age
here's PK last post

So is it confirmed then that Dawn catches Cyndaquil? Sorry, I haven't been online much lately.
yes its confirmed :) and I am happy too
but i hear there isn't any competition......that Dawn catches Cyndaquil after the little guy hatched from an egg they found in "Dungeon Capture!? The Valley Powerplant!" is that even possible? consider the fact there is a confirmed competition i haven't heard about?

by the way is it possible for Mamo to learn Earthquake?
You really should read what people has been posting on DP 143 & 144 thread.

Looking at the post like this made me realize something big.
No matter how hard you try to get and post information for people, many of them (NOT ALL PEOPLE) do not give a damn about it and they only believe on what they want to believe.

So yeah. This will be my final post.

It's really been fun providing information to you all.
I really did have a lot of fun with it (It's been a good translation practice for me as well).

See ya.

here's my friend PK's last post :-(