• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A live action pokemon movie/ show

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne182

Frontier Battler
Wouldn't it be great if they made a live action show. They could use like real songs for the opening themes. I was thinking Mia by avenged seven fold for the opening. That first part... My fighting rages on and on, to challenge me you must be strong! It just so fits there. Andfor a movie, imagine robin williams as prof. Oak! l.o.l. A good Lead character could be Haley Joel Osment. Any more ideas?;258;

None wants to hear you say it sucks, this thread is for people that want to talk about what they would do to make it a better movie for all. So don't post how itwould never work, because that's not true. We have the technology, and the capability. What I am saying is ASSUME we have the perfect writer/ director, what would you want them to put into the movie?

Last edited:

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
No, I can garentee it would ruin the franchise. Anime and games are not meant to become live action movies.

OverlordPhoros

Needs more Wobbuffet
God no! Don't you remember the horror that was 'Pokemon Live!' (Was that what it was called right? You know that really nasty stage show they did) and how badly they changed the plot on it? *shivers* Besides animation rarely converts to live action well. Plus how would they get away with doing an attack like Thunderbolt? Some cheesy electric sound effect with a flash?

Rave

Banned
Asking for Pokemon to be made into a live action show is like asking to be dipped in oil and set on fire.

Geostomp

It just wouldn't transfer well.

The characters have such stylized looks that a live actor would look like they fell into a thrift store and wear wigs or plastic heads to match the hairstyles.

The biggest problem would be the pokemon themselves. They'd not only have to make each one completely CGI, but most attacks would have to be made too. It'd get so bad that they might as well make the whole thing complete CGI rather than about ten actors in front of a green screen.

A fully CG movie might work, but a live-action pokemon movie would be almost as bad as a live action DBZ movie.

Captain Brain

It could like Sailor Moon's live action only Pokemon. That is not a good idea because it woulds alienate the consumer because he/she grew up with the anime. It is to late start something like that even if it was a good idea. ;025;

thunderblade12

no, theyd get some stuck up skater looking kid that probably picks on kids for liking pokemon to play ash, hed be obnoxious and youd want to jump through the screen and punch him

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
How would they make the Pokemon?? Plus the actors might not even look closely as good as the originals.

superjolteon

TEH-MEH!!!
This idea would be pretty terrible. CharizardMaster is right. "Anime and games are not meant to become live action movies". Apart from "Transformers" right?! But i think thats realistically possible as they're robots and strange random creatures such as pokemon don't really go hand in hand. There will be just too much 3D pokemon models and besides the whole thing would likely be VERY cheesy.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
A pokemon television series would not work. The pokemon would take too long to animate to create a good running series.

However, a movie would be interesting to see. Though I would not like to see anything based on the pokemon anime. Ash would look very bizarre, and Jessie and James would look downright alien. I think I would prefer a pokemon enter the human world type movie. The transformers movie wasn't based on the anime (at least I don't think so), so it could work with pokemon.

God no! Don't you remember the horror that was 'Pokemon Live!' (Was that what it was called right? You know that really nasty stage show they did) and how badly they changed the plot on it?

Well, it obviously would suck as a stage show. I would guess the pokemon would have to be played by people in pokemon costumes, and the attacks would be rather cheap special effects. A movie, however, could have pokemon and attacks rendered in computer animation, which would be much more realistic. However, there is the problem of making them look too colosseum-y. Making pokemon fit a live action show would be hard. They couldn't fit in, were they to retain their anime style. However, after cruising around deviantart for a while, I do think they may be able to pull it off, as there are many people who have drawn realistic pokemon brilliantly.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Ya know, there actually WAS a stage show. And it sucked. Majorly.

No. A live-action movie does not usually work for animated shows. It worked wonders for Transformers, and I'm sure Ben 10 will be awesome, too. But Pokémon is not the kind of show that's good as live action.

shayne182

Frontier Battler
I don't think so... It's when people don't put enough effort into them they become garbage. Look at battle Royale, or Deathe note. These are seriously good. Also, your all comparing it to old stuff. I'm talking about someone seriously redoing the show with a more adult view of it. Like the original manga. Don't stive to make the characters look exactly like their t.v. counter parts. Instead make new characters. With their own personalities. And why couldn't pokemon be like transformers in that sense? Look at Final Fantasy. We have the capability. I'll go you one better, look at the new smash bros. brawl pkmn trainer's pokemon. The fact is live action anime's are crap because people don't put enough effort into them. Pokemon' is a big enough franchise that they could provide the funds needed to make a seriously good movie. I was think a trilogy. The first four badges, the second four badges, and the league championships.

Last edited:

Geostomp

I don't think so... It's when people don't put enough effort into them they become garbage. Look at battle Royale, or Deathe note. These are seriously good. Also, your all comparing it to old stuff. I'm talking about someone seriously redoing the show with a more adult view of it. Like the original manga. Don't stive to make the characters look exactly like their t.v. counter parts. Instead make new characters. With their own personalities. And why couldn't pokemon be like transformers in that sense? Look at Final Fantasy. We have the capability. I'll go you one better, look at the new smash bros. brawl pkmn trainer's pokemon. The fact is live action anime's are crap because people don't put enough effort into them. Pokemon' is a big enough franchise that they could provide the funds needed to make a seriously good movie. I was think a trilogy. The first four badges, the second four badges, and the league championships.

To make a movie, they'd need a plot to start on. To do so, they could take either the Badge winning plot from the games (but, that'd far too long for a two hour flick), they could base it off the show or a manga (that'd also take too long and have elements that don't transfer well), or they could just make up something like X Legend is taking over the world (only works because the regular movies already have something established).

Even if they decided to make things "more adult" where could they go? Most older people will be turned away by the name and younger children would be turned off by changes in or lack of their favorite characters. It worked for Transformers because they could make up whatever they felt like and had existed long enough to have a very wide fanbase along multiple age groups.

Pokemon just isn't the kind of thing that transfers to live action well.

Cobalt_Latios

Ya know, there actually WAS a stage show. And it sucked. Majorly.
Heard of it, and didn't think too much of it. However, in Pokemon Heroes, the first song you hear at the end of it is actually the "you and me and Pokemon" from the musical.

What few of you are going to believe is that a live action version is possible, just a few 'tweaks' would have to be made. CG could be used for the Pokemon themselves. Although, read on IGN that some companies are considering making live action versions of some cartoon shows. Check it up, and be shocked at what you may discover.

~C_L~

Status
Not open for further replies.