• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Look To The Future

harryheart

We've all heard of Vulcans, Klingons, Spock, Kirk and the Enterprise - now what if that could really be a reality. If you type in the words 'Sci-Fi Programs' into google you'll come up with many that you probably will have never heard of and never again (unless you keep doing the search) and you'll probably come across some notorious ones such as 'Star Trek' 'Star Wars' 'Babylon 5' 'Battlestar Galactica' Just to name a few however those technologies are becoming wildly available. Look at Mobile Phones. Did we have them in the 60's - you'd have to be dumb to answer that one wrong - and then look at Star Trek and Star Wars, they communicate using devices (not similarly different to some mobile phones out there) that don't have music or videos but do have clever ways of targeting a certain person.

Well now that space exploration is about to hit a new high is it really unlikely we'll be seeing less of these 'Sci-Fi gizmos'? Touch screens are now available and computer systems too that could easily be integrated into homes and control your heating, water and so on (people may not like it but it's possible) and from there you can control it with your voice bring up displays on your television or computer screens and even control your tv from an implanted touch screen in your sofa changing channels from that by just using it as a universal remote. We even have automatic doors that could easily be fitted into a computer system in a home and replaced with the traditional handle doors. These possibilities at the moment are endless and just a few of the things we could do and we can strive towards with the technology and achieve. At the beginning of the year 2000 people would have thought this all farfetched however look at it now, I'm sure most of you reading this could see this occurring within the next decade.

Which leads me on to asking what do you want to see in the realms of technology we have available at the moment, what do you want it used for and what new technology do you want to see created using old systems as starts or even creating the idea from scratch.

And with a final message some astronauts have been working on a new engine capable of getting us to Mars in 36 days instead of a couple of months. This is using a fusion or fission reactor (cannot remember specifically) which uses nuclear reactions to fuel it. A test flight is planned for 2011 and if this is a success we could be going to Mars for Honeymoons or Holidays in 5 - 10 years time!​

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
I doubt that we will be able to successfully create air traffic control for flying cars and that we will figure out how hyperspeed and hyperspace works. Not too mention create models similar to the death star.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
id be fine with everything looking "used" like in Aliens, Star Wars and Dead Space, where technology looks like its degraded, but is much more sophisticated than it looks. its creepier and often cooler. i dont really enjoy the utopian look where everything is shiny and brand-new-looking like in Star Trek.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Well, I don't know if you're heard of this latest invention (it's still in prototype), but it's truly worth reading. It's somewhat similar to the controls that are used in futuristic sci-fi shows.

Hm...it just might be useful in space expeditions. We'll see what happens...

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else is also interested in this...PC of the future, but yeah. I might just get one of these should it be invented.

[img139]http://www.devicedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/e-ball-01.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Self-tying Nikes.

That's all I ask for from the future. It better happen within 5 years, or Back to the Future II will have lied to me about 2015.

Tales Fanatic777

Cold as Ice
Self-tying Nikes.

That's all I ask for from the future. It better happen within 5 years, or Back to the Future II will have lied to me about 2015.

don't forget one-size, auto-drying coats.... or the Black & Decker pizza hydrogenator.... or Pizza Hut managing to stay in business... I think that movie wrote too many check's 2015 can't cash.... DAMN YOU MARTY McFLY!!!!

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I sometimes wonder about what life will be like years from now, and it seems so strange that it'll become matter of fact for me someday. Like, when TV was invented, it was new and exciting at first, but eventually, it became old hat even to people who didn't grow up with it.

I think that we'll eventually have our whole lives on one device- internet, phone, music, books- I bet we'll even use them to pay for things, like credit cards. Not so fantastic, but definitely plausible the way things are going now. And it's easier to imagine small steps than giant leaps.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Self-tying Nikes.

gosh what would it be a shame if some kid simulair from that of jumanji accedently destroyed the prototype of it years ago.

harryheart

Interesting comments - I'm loving the light blue optic touch - most definitely would probably purchase one because it looks epic and really does feel sci-fi ish to me -

Chris

Old Coot
don't forget one-size, auto-drying coats.... or the Black & Decker pizza hydrogenator.... or Pizza Hut managing to stay in business... I think that movie wrote too many check's 2015 can't cash.... DAMN YOU MARTY McFLY!!!!
A man can dream!

TogeticTheRuler

I sometimes wonder about what life will be like years from now, and it seems so strange that it'll become matter of fact for me someday. Like, when TV was invented, it was new and exciting at first, but eventually, it became old hat even to people who didn't grow up with it.

I think that we'll eventually have our whole lives on one device- internet, phone, music, books- I bet we'll even use them to pay for things, like credit cards. Not so fantastic, but definitely plausible the way things are going now. And it's easier to imagine small steps than giant leaps.

This already happened.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Interactive walls, so that you can run movies, look at photos browse the web etc. The screen savers could be pretty cool if they could come up with a screen that can be inconspicuous. This is what I really want.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Interactive walls, so that you can run movies, look at photos browse the web etc. The screen savers could be pretty cool if they could come up with a screen that can be inconspicuous. This is what I really want.

already possible but expensive and consumes quite some energy.
besides i think you'll get terrible feeling fisheyes if you have to stare at that everyday for work and relaxation.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
I dont anything will change in the next 5 years.I estimate about at least 10 years for the whole world to be fully changed to the future of our today

col_serra

<------ is hot!
ever heard of resistance: fall of man i kinda want an alien invasion like that

Chris

Old Coot
If that ever happened, you do realize a majority of humanity (with yourself included) would be wiped out, right?