• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Mainly BL Team

Grayshot

New here... and also new to battling. This set will be used against my friends. All pokemon (minus uber) are allowed. Despite this, I decided to use mostly BL pokemon.

Any suggestions or changes are very welcome.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Pressure
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack

Ice punch & night slash for STAB, brick break for better coverage, and faint attack because i suspect a froslass (with hail + double team).

Zangoose @ Focus Sash
Immunity
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Return
-Shadow Claw
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Swords dance to power up (with sash to protect from a 1HKO), return for STAB, shadow claw for ghosts, and brick break for those normal resists.

Ninetales @ Wide Lens
Flash fire
Modest
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Confuse Ray
-Will-o-Wisp
-Roar

Not sure about wide lens. Possible change in Evs. Fire/Flame for STAB damage, confuse ray to annoy, will-o-wisp to take down any physical sweepers, roar to force switch.

Rotom @ Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid
252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 SpA
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Thunder Wave

Simple annoyer with the possiblity of slowing down any special sweepers. Thunder/Shadow for STAB.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate
Calm
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock
-Cosmic Power
-Rest

Special wall with stealth rock, Earth power for STAB, cosmic to bolster defenses, rest upon low health and switch.

Miltank @ Leftovers
Thick Fat
Careful
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Att
-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Milk Drink
-Heal Bell

Physical wall/cleric. Toxic and stall if necessary, and I can always switch to Zangoose if a ghost switches in.

Main weakness with the team as a whole is fighting and the only two types not covered by an immunity or resistance are water and dragon.

spareux

maldición
are water and dragon.

this will be a massive disadvantage for you in OU.

That Claydol isn't very good. Gyarados / Salamence will have a field day with it.

And simply because you have a dark resistance from 1 Pokemon doesn't mean you have it defensively covered. Weavile, for example, cannot swap into Tyranitar's boosted Crunches.

You'll want to rethink this team - it's just too easily preyed upon by staple OUs.

My first suggestion will come as no surprise: Miltank is doing essentially everything Blissey can. It can't really "physical wall" with such a lack of resistances, and Blissey can heal / cleric or pass around Wish while actually giving you something to take Draco Meteors, and special water moves.

You should basically look at removing things that are doubling up weaknesses (i.e; Miltank + Weavile + Zangoose leaves you weak not only to Fighting moves and the like, but generally to most Choice Banded Pokemon) and as much as I applaud you for wanting to be a bit more diverse, you don't seem to have enough confidence in competitive battling to pull it off effectively yet, so I'd stick to OU.

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
If youre bent on using BL pokemon, switch Rotom with Raikou, Raikou outclasses it completely. Also raikou learns shadow ball, and thunder wave(duh :p). And to be an annoyer, you could go with a ResTalk Raikou, or a SubKou. Whatever tickles you fancy. But that will work way better than Rotom.

Also replace Zangoose with Gallade if you want a physical sweeper. Has way better stats, learns and has STAB with Close Combat, is great with SD.
A good moveset is Close Combat/Swords Dance/Night Slash/(Ice Punch/Stone Edge)