• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Maractus Musical! (714)

Janovy

Banned
I won't blame people if they find this episode boring, it IS. :/

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Does that women sing the theme song in the dub?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

G50

No longer posting
I don't like the music change for the performance that they did in the dub. It just didn't go well at all with the routine like it did in the Japanese version.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I watched the dub version of this episode. All in all, it was a pretty good episode. The only things I didn't like was the Maractus Trio owner's voice and that lady singing the dub opening seemed pretty cheesy. 7/10

thekorean

How are the three Darmanitans in Zen Mode all the time? The trainer must really mistreat them.

XXD17

Draco rex
Ok...this episode originally was pretty bland...I just don't get how the dub made it WORSE!! For starters, they gave a HORRIBLE voice for that Tobi kid...it just didn't fit...why did it have to sound like some kid going through puberty with all that voice cracking nonsense...but what really ruined the episode were all the music alterations...I actually found the music played during the maractus musical in the original episode its winning point. It was an upbeat type of music and the maractus sang along...the dub turned that into a mellow, watered down mess...I'm just glad that they didn't mess around with the whole Iris/ axew dance thing...that was still pretty cute...this episode was so bad that i was mostly focusing on the decor which made me realize something...In Tobi's flashback of the musical, there was one scene with a munna levitating two sandile with psychic...aren't sandile dark types!? Yeah you can tell, not one of the best days for the dub...and I thought them editing out Elesa's theme music was bad...

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I expected Brock to return to sing his La La song and then vanish into thin air. *Sigh* Would of saved the episode.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was just an alright filler, though I kinda felt that they could have done a bit more with Maractus considering this was its debut episode. I would have laughed if Iris' simple performance in the competition allowed her to win.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I really enjoyed this episode. The whole performance by the Maractus really had the feel of the appeals round at a Pokemon Contest, it was great! :D The whole episode centred around Tussy overcoming various problems instead of just one (which is unusual) which were jumping, timing and then the fear of heights.

Not only that we had a triple battle (well half), it was interesting to see that in the anime they have decided to keep it a free-for-all like double battles which I think is better. It would be very odd to have one pokemon only attacking two of the three opponents when it is perfectly possible to attack the other.

Very Enjoyable.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
The last thing I expected was an advertisment of the Triple Battle Feature in the games... To bad they couldn't finish it...

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
The only good part was the short triple battle reference...but it couldn't save the whole episode

Yeah. This episode is one of those ones that is indisputably filler.

The triple battle could have been written better, but then again, they only wanted to use the situation to help the Cactus' performance.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Stupid CN and its sudden schedule change. I lost this episode.

You lost nothing of worth.. Unless you're a huge Maractus fan...

My fear is that this will be the only representation of the Triple battle

Well there's also the ingame fights in Opelucid City that you can rechallenge each day. That could well be a good set up for another Don Battle.

Battra

Not a bad filler the Maractus were decent enough in it. I got a couple of minor quibbles Toby's English VA was horrible, I would've liked to seen them keep the Best Wishes insert even if it's instrumental, & Toby actually thinking Tussy would've gone to the stage when in plain sight of the group Tussy fled into the woods. What makes you think the Pokemon you just yelled at for not completing it's move would've actually headed for the stage when you saw it head into the woods, ya couldn't change the script or the improvise just to have Iris or Cilan say they'll delay the performance enough to give Toby time to apologize.

halloweenghost

the trio' trainer's voice was weird... and i don't think the woman singing was singing the black and white them, thats just music they had playing over it..