• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Maractus Musical! (714)

Bisharp

WTF! ANYONE ELSE HEARD IT TOO?!

During the time Tobio did his performance (In the Japanese version of this episode), there was instrumental "Nanairo Achi" already playing! The fact is, when this episode was out, the ending was still "Can You Name All the Pokémon? BW." not Nanairo Achi. If you will listen closely to the part where Tobio says "Over the Rainbow" during their performance near the end, in the Japanese version, you can hear it playing! (instrumental version).

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I like how the Maractus looked in the anime. There were kind of cute. Better than Cacturne. 7/10

gliscor&yanmega

I finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it, only thing I didn't like was Toby's voice, just didn't sound good to me, voice sounded cracked to me which I probably would have liked better if it wasn't like that.

Maractus sounded alright to me as well.

ForgottenPearl

The intro to triple battles was a big flop. Only person who even commanded 2 or more pkmn at once was Tobio. On Ash's behalf, it might have well been a 2 v. 3 or 3 vs.1.

I agree, the battle was basically just them standing around, doing one attack at a time. Not anymore interesting to watch than the in-game battles. >_>

But, other than that, I thought it was enjoyable little episode. Cute to see everyone dancing and boogie-ing in the beginning! And Toby had an interesting goal, in my opinion. It was kinda slow at times and predictable, but I had a good time.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
A little late to post about this episode, but I haven't got to watch it up till now. Anyways:

Likes-
The adorable performance by Pansage, Oshawott, Pikachu and Axew. It was hilarious when they got mad and started to fight.
The pretty cool performances of the musical.
The Triple Battle; sad it was too brief though.

Dislikes-
Toby's voice; I just couldn't take it much longer.
Toby yelling at Tessie; shouting doesn't make it feel any better. Glad he apologized.
The woman singing the Season 14 song. Sorry doll, YOURE NOT gOING TO HOLLY WOOD TODAY.

I guess this episode makes it the one time we'll see some element of the once known "Pokemon Contests", with the appealing moves the Maractus did for their performance. Along with the others who performed.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Holy crap the dub sucked. Toby's voice was unbearable. The woman singing Black and White was also completely out of sync with the animation of her mouth.

At least the nicknames were decent.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Gah, didn't like this episode. :p Those maractus were really annoying. I was hoping a maractus would be James's latest grass pokemon gag, but after this episode I'm glad he hasn't gotten one yet.

2/10

Canada

Banned
i didn't like this episode it was horrible and was crap and was a filler and it sucked

Toby's voice was annoying, and I found the Maractus to be creepy. Also yay the 500th wild Scolipede attack. Brilliant. The woman singing Black and White was also completely out of sync with the animation of her mouth.

0/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode was cool. I loved the Maractus and loved how the musical was shown.

NPT

Just a member
I didn't like This episode. Toby's dub voice was just ...... unbearable, I couldn't stand his voice. The woman singing 'Black and White' theme was stupid(the dubbers should, it was out of sync with her mouth movements. The dubbers should've make a song that matchs her mouth movement.
The only good thing about this episode was the triple battle, but sadly it was short.

Scolipede seems to be like the Unova regions answer to Beedrill.
Read: the typical bug Pokemon that someone angers in a forest.

The episode was boring in Japanese, but the dub managed to make it boring and an assault on the ears with Toby's annoying voice.

Also, it sucks that Scolipede doesn't have a better role in this show other than the typical Pokemon that gets rightfully pissed off at trainers.

JudySpell

Banned
Maractus is a really lame Grass type. The musical parts of this episode deserved more focus instead of us seeing the Maractus practice. 4/10

Gillachu

Banned
Weird, why didn't we get a real Pokemon Musical here like the one that Ash and Iris saw before...? Maractus on its own was just unsatisfactory. :mad:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww I liked when Pansage and Axew played the tambourine and when the other pokemon were given instruments as well hee hee. I liked watching Toby's Maractus solve their performing issues. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
Tobio's trio of Maracache practicing for a Musical had potential as a subplot in theory, but the end result was just a typical filler. I think that more focus on the actual mechanics of the Pokemon Musical itself would've been much better than the dance aspect of the episode. At least we saw a Triple Battle.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My favorite part had to be Ash, Iris, and Cilan doing their awkward dances lol, but other than that it wasn't that great for me. But the Maractus kid's goal was just a notch more touching than the typical COTD. :c

Alloutℯ

Banned
I'm sure that if Musicals were a main quest then they'd involve more than what we get. Though they'd probably just have battle rounds and then feel too much like rehashed Pokemon Contests anyway, so maybe it's still a good thing that they're not a main part of the series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm sure that if Musicals were a main quest then they'd involve more than what we get. Though they'd probably just have battle rounds and then feel too much like rehashed Pokemon Contests anyway, so maybe it's still a good thing that they're not a main part of the series.

I'm confident that the writers could've made Pokemon Musicals different from Contests if they tried. They simply seemed put off by that activity, which is why we got this insipid Maracache plot instead.