• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Marathon Rivalry! (628)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I think it was a really good episode!!!

Rebeccag

Yeah I agree Daniel was kinda annoying and that Pikachu won but Ash cant win all the time. Apart from the pokethalon it was kinda of a filler episode but a good filler episode. And it was good as well for Snorlax to save the day as well ^_^

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Snorlax made a nice catch with its belly. That was funny. Anyways I had a feeling that nerd was gonna win.

The episode was actually slightly better than I thought. The events seemed pretty cool. This episode wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst. The writers must like promoting HGSS because the poster near the beginning of the episode only had Johto Pokemon. One thing I thought was weird was that Ash & Brock knew about the Pokeathlon from their Johto Journey, yet they never truly did see one, from our knowledge. It could have been offscreen or something.
7/10

I have a feeling it's going to keep getting promoted until this region is over.

BAH! How could I miss the episode before this one? I really wanted to see my favorite sea weasel ;418; learn ice punch. :(

Anyway...
- Why do so many episodes of this show start with AshnCo. walking in a forest? Every time I see this I think "Well, this is obviously a repeat..."
- And they come across a... OH MY GOD! Tram-a-poline! Tra-bop-poline!
- You know, I'm surprised that Pikachu and Piplup, and AshnCo. for that matter, don't automatically assume that this strange forest trampoline isn't a TR trap to capture Pikachu/Piplup...
- Oh no, Snorlax! From the sky! RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!!
- Yay, this means Ash's Snorlax is going to come back soon! <-sarcasm
- Annnnnd, cue nerdy-looking COTD...... now.
- Hmmm. Performance enhancing machinery... Isn't that illegal?
- The Pokethlon. Gee, where have we seen this before? <-sarcasm
- Okay. that has got to be the best voice James has done. EVER.
- Why does Meowth look like some Chinese priest?
- Okay, Ash, if you haven't figured out how to look past that poor-excuse-for-a-disguise that James has, you need glasses, my friend.
- And TR thought they would be able to pick up an extremely heavy Pokemon like Snorlax how...?
- Okay, I will be the first to say this, even though I've never been able to come up with one of these till now, but, Muku.POKING DEVICE!
- Speaking of Muku.HAWK, It didn't really do a good job of "saving" Pikachu, which it was told to do.
- I'm sure these Pokemon have enough intelligence to jump over a simple hurdle.
- Man, Machoke really fails at the Pokethlon. It's the last Pokemon I would expect to fail at something like this.
- BAH! they ruined Abra's voice in this episode. It's not cute like it used to be in Fear Factor Phony.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Would have been nice to see Ash win but i guess he can't win them all

G50

No longer posting
This episode was alright. It was cool to see the Pokeathlon for the 1st time. It was interesting to see that Snorlax was being used for the Pokeathlon. It was bizarre how the prize was a Grass hat which made sense considering what it was known to be used for. Would've been great if Ash won, but no Daniel ended up winning when Snorlax's belly crossed the finish line 1st. Considering what the prize was, not really upsetting to see Ash lose. The Enhancers looked really cool.

59/100

seth656

I just watched this for the first time and I was pretty dissapointed..... any1 notice the TR bot from banned episode dratini? lol

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Enjoyed the episode a lot, it was fun! The Team Rocket stealing Pikachu and Snorlax thing in the middle was a bit of a time-waster, as we could have had another event but hey. I knew Daniel would win from the start, but I kept holding on to the hope that Ash would! A very good filler episode :D!

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. Seeing that Snorlax being so fit was very surprising. Daniel was incredibly annoying. It was wrong to train you Pokemon with Machines. It was very cool to see The Pokeathlon in the Anime for the first time. It was very surprisin to see Snorlax win since Pikachu is so fast. It was good that Daniel realised that he had to train his Pokemon properly.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Daniel looked like Bill Gates and Melvin from the Exeggutor Squad episode had a love child.

But I liked the triathelon thing though. It was cool. It would have been nice if Brock had taken an interest in it instead of doing nothing throughout the whole of DP.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's funny how the marathon thing seemed like the usual Team Rocket setup at first at the beginning of the episode. At least it didn't turn out to be. :) This episode was interesting, though not the most memorable. At least Johto got a mention.

6/10

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I hate the disguised voice James uses for the first half of the episode.

Also, clever retconning of Johto, writers - claiming Brock and Ash were actually familiar with it.

NPT

Just a member
I didn't like This episode. Showing Pokéathlon for the first time was good, but still.....I didn't like how the whole episode turned out. I found the COTD daniel boring. I liked how Ash was trying to show Daniel that raising Pokémon should be based on bond with the pokemon rather than using science technology to raising Pokémon, but I hated how Ash ended up losing the Pokéathlon at the end. He wasn't able to win the Pokéathlon, yet somehow Daniel learned a lesson about raising his pokemon.
Daniel won the Pokéathlon by using Hi-Tech machine, which beats the whole 'moral purpose' of this episode.
Also, I hated how Team Rocket made Staraptor faint by using their stupid 'Poking machine'. Geez, I hate it when Team Rocket hogs sceentime like this.

zhixun

I like the episode that the competition hosted by Nanakamado than this one. I am a marathon runner so I love the Pokémon triathlon competition. This Pokéthlon looks more like an athletics event rather than a real triathlon by the name it looks.

phanpycross

God-king
I guess this episode goes into "average filler" catagory, even if COTD was kinda interesting. Kind of a usual Heart vs. machine story, and of course heart wins out as usual....

I guess monferno was kinda cool, but the episode overall was just............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What, of course Im awake x_x

JudySpell

Banned
The writers ruined Pokeathlons in the show. I didn't even get why this episode aired 4 months after HGSS since by that point why even showcase them 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yay we got to see a Pokeathlon and I liked when Ash and Monferno competed in the disc catch round. Seeing Pikachu land on Snorlax's stomach was cute and I liked the hurdle dash competition too.