• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Marathon Rivalry! (628)

The Pokeathlon competition here needed more excitement like in the HG/SS games. My favorite part was seeing another Snorlax, but Ash should've won.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When we saw Kabigon, I was hit with nostalgia, and I was hoping that we'd see Satoshi make a reference to his own Kabigon, but nothing was said. I didn't expect to see Satoshi win here, but this was still a fun episode if only because of the Rocket-dan.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
One thing that kinda peeved me is that this episode was that Ash was trying to show the COTD that raising Pokemon should be based on bonds with the Pokemon rather than technology, yet the writers had Ash lose to the very thing that he was trying to disprove. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
I must say that the idea of using scientific methods in order to try to perfect your Pokemon appeals to me. Moreover I've always liked Snorlax and I'd definitely catch and train one if I were a trainer.

Shayuin

Banned
The Pokéathlon seemed interesting enough and I hope they bring it back for another episode, though I wouldn't want to see it as a big part of the show like Contests are.

Moonlight Starlight

The Pokéathlon seemed interesting enough and I hope they bring it back for another episode, though I wouldn't want to see it as a big part of the show like Contests are.
Pokeathlon would be great to have come back for another New generation being made for different pokemon event tournament.And I also think it would be great too for Daniel to play as a rival to Clement since both of them enjoy science technology.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And I also think it would be great too for Daniel to play as a rival to Clement since both of them enjoy science technology.

Come to think of it, Yuuta almost seemed like a less charming prototype version of Citron in this episode. Too bad those two never got to meet each other. And I find it awkward that this episode aired about four months after HG/SS were released, which squandered the promotional tie-in with the Pokethlon.

Daizy

I call you honey
Surprisingly for an episode that showed Ash the Pokeathlon, it was a rather average episode. The Pokeathlon itself was a snooze-fest, but the Team Rocket stuff and Snorlax winning managed to keep me happy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since we saw the Pokethlon featured here, I kind of wish we had seen Kobushi appear since he was an important figure in HG/SS who was the founder of the Pokethlon Dome.

MockingJ

Banned
Moonstardust;18197153 said:
My favorite part was seeing another Snorlax, but Ash should've won.

I'm kind of glad that Daniel won the Pokeathlon here instead of Ash since Ash didn't even do as much training for the events in the first place whereas Daniel and his Snorlax had much more experience with this kind of activity.