1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Marathon Rivalry! (628)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

The Pokeathlon competition here needed more excitement like in the HG/SS games. My favorite part was seeing another Snorlax, but Ash should've won.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

When we saw Kabigon, I was hit with nostalgia, and I was hoping that we'd see Satoshi make a reference to his own Kabigon, but nothing was said. I didn't expect to see Satoshi win here, but this was still a fun episode if only because of the Rocket-dan.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

One thing that kinda peeved me is that this episode was that Ash was trying to show the COTD that raising Pokemon should be based on bonds with the Pokemon rather than technology, yet the writers had Ash lose to the very thing that he was trying to disprove. :/

4. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I must say that the idea of using scientific methods in order to try to perfect your Pokemon appeals to me. Moreover I've always liked Snorlax and I'd definitely catch and train one if I were a trainer.

5. Shayuin

Shayuin Banned

The Pokéathlon seemed interesting enough and I hope they bring it back for another episode, though I wouldn't want to see it as a big part of the show like Contests are.

6. Moonlight Starlight

Moonlight Starlight Well-Known Member

Pokeathlon would be great to have come back for another New generation being made for different pokemon event tournament.And I also think it would be great too for Daniel to play as a rival to Clement since both of them enjoy science technology.

MockingJ and Daizy like this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Come to think of it, Yuuta almost seemed like a less charming prototype version of Citron in this episode. Too bad those two never got to meet each other. And I find it awkward that this episode aired about four months after HG/SS were released, which squandered the promotional tie-in with the Pokethlon.

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Surprisingly for an episode that showed Ash the Pokeathlon, it was a rather average episode. The Pokeathlon itself was a snooze-fest, but the Team Rocket stuff and Snorlax winning managed to keep me happy.

MockingJ likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Since we saw the Pokethlon featured here, I kind of wish we had seen Kobushi appear since he was an important figure in HG/SS who was the founder of the Pokethlon Dome.

MockingJ likes this.
  10. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

I'm kind of glad that Daniel won the Pokeathlon here instead of Ash since Ash didn't even do as much training for the events in the first place whereas Daniel and his Snorlax had much more experience with this kind of activity.