• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Matter Concerning Face-Offs

S

Shadowcat

Face-Offs were to be like this:
Face-Off, Ash VS Misty. And People would vote. The person with the highest number of votes by ??? or got the minimum number of votes required would move on to the next round. But now, that has changed.

People have been turning Face-Offs into Mini Versions of the Hurt and Heal Games. I can give names and links on that. Those belong into the Games Forum, and those people ask Mondo for permission, which she allows, but it ends up the starter decided to make it a Mini Version of the Hurt and Heal Games.

Now, here are some of the Face-Offs which have the Hurt and Heal System used for their Face-Offs:

Electric Face-Off
Steel Face-Off
Dragon Face-Off

Those belong to the GAMES FORUM if I'm not mistaken. People have turned what used to be the fun Face-Offs we had into Complete Mini Versions of the Hurt and Heal Game. I got a little ****** off with that, seeing that those are Games for goodness sake, and they are posting it in the Face-Off Forum as if it was a Face-Off.

The Proper Face-Offs, which were still on until some people started treating it as the Game Forums. The Face-Offs by Kinopio and Kawaiiest. Combusken were very good examples of what Proper Face-Offs should be, yet, people do their own version of a Face-Off, which happens to be a total rip off from the Hurt and Heal Games.

My Point is, could those threads be counted as Face-Offs at all? They don't even belong there, and since the Mods of that Forum rarely visit there save for Mondo, these threads are rarely noticed by mods, and members do what they want there. Shouldn't those threads be closed or moved? Even if it was moved to the Games Forums, it would still be closed eventually. So, to solve it, appoint members who frequently visit the Face-Off Forum, and know how to make a proper Face-Off mods of that forum. Then, the chaos in the Face-Off Forums can be controlled and proper Face-Offs could be done.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I agree, turn face-offs back to how they were.

And on the topic of face-offs, there should be a topic of all face-offs and get rid of ones that are copies of ones which are still active. I'd have said that if there wasn't one already, which I think is good to have the topic about all the faceoffs.

S

Shadowcat

Yes, someone agrees. If you had clicked the links, you would see that they are just Minature Versions of the Hurt and Heal Game. And since most mods there aren't really that active, save for Mondo and Chris, the face-offs go unnoticed. I mentioned that before. Anyway, Joe, maybe you should get a few people who frequently visit there to become mods, and there seems to be reviving of old threads, and making of the same Face-Off.

MaskedManAbsolkid

One thing that angers me a lot is somebody thinking Pikachuboy came up with the hurt and heal idea! And they can't even do it right, it's too muddled up! Get rid of the and make them like they were!

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
*soupir* Another thread regarding the face-offs.

I appreciate what you're posting and considering the fact I maintain the longest running face-off of all, I can fully understand what you speak of.

However, I can't see anything being done. I don't think we really need any more mods in the section. Seriously, promoting another member to the level of mod would be unnecessary if it were done just for the reason of having someone moderate the face-offs. Mondo does a fine enough job and I don't think any further authority is warranted. The majority of forum members don't venture anywhere near the face-offs (nor the Pokepolls for that matter) so it's not too big a problem.

I don't understand the concept of the Hurt and Heal games myself and yeah, they are out of place in the face-offs but isn't the whole idea of the face-offs to be light-hearted spot of fun? Anyway, I enjoy running my face-off, pointless as it is and I really wish people would stop making these threads regarding them. If these threads continue, I fear the whole face-off forum may just be done away with and considering I've run this face-off for about a year and a half, I'd rather all my effort to not go to waste.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If you don't like the Hurt and Heal topics don't reply to them. There's only so many times you can vote for your favourite electric type before it gets boring.

xXSapphireXx said:
Those belong to the GAMES FORUM .
Why, because the hurt/heals are games? Well the normal faceoffs are basically polls. So by that logic faceoffs should be in polls in which case the faceoff section should be gotten rid of. And the hurt/heal faceoffs come up with the same result as the normal ones do which is one thing beats all the others. So hurt/heal faceoffs are fine.

Former Absolkid said:
There should be a topic of all face-offs.
You mean a list? Alright. I'll make one and sticky it.

Last edited:

PsiUmbreon

Face-offs and Games do seem to run together, don't they? But anyways, I don't think it is such a big deal. Who cares if people started doing hurt/heals in Face offs? I, for one, don't. And I mod Games.

Eszett

one love
Hmm...I would like to see a non-Pokemon face-off forum, but that's neither here nor there. I agree we shouldn't be putting many stipulations on the Face-offs forum; let people determine the structure of the faceoffs for themselves.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Look the facoff forum was made because they were invading the polls forum. Every single poll was a face off at one point and it ****** a lot of people off. That's why there was a face off forum made. A non-pokemon face off forum is begging for spam. The last thing anyone would want to mod is a million topics everyday that go along the lines of: Kitchen Utensil Face-Off, Anime charatcers that begin with a Vowel Face off and Shades of White Face Off

Eszett

one love
RaZoR LeAf said:
Look the facoff forum was made because they were invading the polls forum. Every single poll was a face off at one point and it ****** a lot of people off. That's why there was a face off forum made. A non-pokemon face off forum is begging for spam. The last thing anyone would want to mod is a million topics everyday that go along the lines of: Kitchen Utensil Face-Off, Anime charatcers that begin with a Vowel Face off and Shades of White Face Off
What exactly would there be to mod? All the mods would need to do is approve the ideas. Both the Clubs and the Games forums, being more active than the Faceoff forum, have worked on this ideal and they haven't crumbled.

Last edited: