1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A-Maze-ing Race! (514)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl' started by Serebii, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Maze Shuffle! Everybody Hustle!

On their way to Hearthome City, Ash & Co. find a contest in which the winner can earn a new Pokétch Application. Dawn, eager to get a new one insists that they all take part. The task? Get through a Maze on time. However, Team Rocket get in the way intent on stealing some Pokémon. Will Ash & Co. get through the maze safely/

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

Wow Serebii, that episode description is way off...

Here's the synopsis I posted in the Speculation Thread:

And this was posted in the speculation thread:

The translation of the lyrics during that particular part is "When I get lost, I toss a coin."

Though I suppose now, it would be more accurate to translate the line as "When I get lost, I use Coin Toss (to decide)."

3. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

The people that wanted Ash to get Buizel should be happy now... he used Buizel for something.

4. Jonessodaco.Chris

Jonessodaco.Chris Is Back Finally!

lol so i dont excactly get it... cause all i get is pictures and your ^^^ synopsis is wayyy to long to read lol can somebody just some up what went down and whats the deal with this coin thing

5. Ash6K

Ash6K 8D

^ Basically, Ash and co. get split up with each other's pokemon due to TR's schemes. Dawn's w/ Croagunk, Ash w/ Pachirisu, Buizel, Piplup, and Sudowoodo, Brock w/ all of Ash's pokemon except Pikachu, and Pikachu w/ Buneary and Happiny later on. Paul appears in this as comedy relief as well.

I liked this episode! It's quite funny with Croagunk actually missing hitting Brock in the beginning and its interactions w/ Dawn. The Onix wrapping Dawn up with her saying "Daijobu" was hilarious as well. And of course, I can't forget Paul. Just trying to catch Fearow w/ everyone interupting him...awesome!

And Dawn gets to use the coin toss so I thought that was a cool way to decide where to go like it said in the ending.

6. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

The coin is nothing important.

The gang gets separated in a maze or a labyrinth. Dawn finds Croagunk.

Brock asks Staravia to look for the missing ones. Dawn spots Staravia. Dawn follows Staravia.

Ash finds Piplup, Buizel, Sudowoodo and Pachirisu. Buizel is fighthing with Piplup and Pachi gets emotional and shocks everyone.

Pikachu finds Buneary and Happiny. Buneary and Happiny are arguing. Pikachu separates them and grabs Buneary's hand making her blush.

There's a running gag with Paul trying to capture a Fearow and Dawn and Ash interrupting him.

Team Rocket captures Staravia. Ash uses Piplup, Buizel and Sudowoodo to get the bird.

And some more stuff to get the team reunited. Still it's a great episode to watch especially since it's fun to watch all of the pokemons interact with each other. All of the pokemons showed personality and they were funny. It was like a Pikachu in Charge! episode. Everything was about fun and comedy and pokemons' personality.

I was kinda surprised that the pokemons that did the least were Aipom and Turtwig... maybe because they were with Brock.

Hope the summary helped you Jonessodaco.Chris . ^_^

7. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Maybe Paul is getting ready for the 3rd gym.

8. .Vaati.

.Vaati. .:Guilty Love

This was a great episode! The past few episodes have been good too.

The Fearow part with Shinji was funny. xD

I was nice to see more of Happiny. I would've liked to see more Sudowoodo though.

When I saw Pikachu ride Staravia I thought it was going to be something "thunder armor-esque". >_>;

9. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

Well, Fearow will be great for the 3rd gym if it is the Maylene one. But then again, look at Azumarril in the first gym.

Anyway, Emo Pachi made me melt and Buneary was just the cutest thing I have seen in this episode.

Still it's weird to see Happiny with Super Strength.^_^

10. Sparkleo

Sparkleo Low on power...

~As always, Pikachu and Buneary make the cutest couple.
    ~Happiny is surprisingly strong for a baby pokemon.
    ~Dawn and Crogunk FTW!
    ~Poor Paul. I almost feel sorry for him being constantly interrupted/distracted. Almost...
    ~Pikachu looked really awesome standing on that hill and waiting to attack TR. I'm not sure why, but that's one's opinion... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/P-Bodi/147d7629.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  11. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

So I take it reading's not one of your hobbies, then? Because that synopsis I posted is far from being "long."

12. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Watching this episode, I realized how "real" the team feels in episodes like these.

I mean, the 3 humans and Pokemon feel so close this season, like one big dysufunctional family.

13. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Indeed, these rare situations where the gang's Pokemon obey other main characters instead of their trainers are always neat. I think the last time we saw that was Ash using Lombre to battle just before it evolved.
    We knew that already, but it's nice to see that it hasn't been forgotten. It was so cute how it helped the others.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  14. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

Everyone who wanted Ash to catch Buizel must have made alittle smile seeing Ash command it in battle.

15. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

I do agree this is the first time it feels that all the pokemons and the humans are a big family. A weird, awkward, sexy family.^_^

16. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

This bullet-style review is brought to you by MukuJESUS - the supernatural force you turn to on your deathbed.

- Hikari: "Hurry! I've got to get to the nearest Pokemon Center before my period starts!"
    - Game Elitists: "WTF? Poison Jab has 100% accuracy! Stupid writers!"
    - Random Kanto rock Pokemon we've seen a bazillion times before are so much more exciting than Nosepass and Probopass, eh, guys?
    - Brock uses the power of Christ (i.e. Mukubird) to seek out the other disciples.
    - Sudowoodo: "I like, gotta pee, like, reeeeeally badly, like, totally, dudes!"
    - Mukubird brings Brock to the Tree of Knowledge, from which a naked Pikachu and the other naked Pokes are eating its forbidden flower fruit.
    - Team Rocket has captured Jesus, and now they're going to crucify him!
    - The Passion of the Mukubird - produced by Kotobuki TV.
    - Haha YES, they're using my favorite Movie 9 track (the one where Ash is carrying the crystal)
    - Pikachu saves Jesus from temptation, who returns to lead his disciples.
    - One has to wonder if the Coin Toss application will ever actually be used again.

Sorry guys, I'm in the midst of studying for a religion test, so I have that stuff on the brain right now. All-in-all a decent "for fun" filler, but nothing quite as entertaining as "Pikachu's in Charge". As stated, it was nice to see the Pokemon interact with the cast members who weren't their own trainers for once.

17. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

CopyPaste from Bulbagarden reply

This was definitely worth the trouble getting this episode.

This episode was awesome without Shinji. With Shinji, it just got better. It rocked with the two game songs at the end of the ep, with the Route 210, 215, 211, 214, 222, 223 song playing almost completely and with the route Route 206,207,208 playing. I love to hear game music played in real instruments.

I also loved
    MukuBird
    Greggle
    Hikari
    Ash
    Shinji getting annoyed (I can really relate to him there)
    and the interesting animation
    This must be one of those easier to sub episodes because I understood almost half of what they said in this episode.
    9.5/10

I also totally dig the 3d they use to animate Mitsuhoney in Oak's lecture. It was 3d yet celshaded which I dont find too often
    Maybe I'll get that episode too.

18. Jonessodaco.Chris

Jonessodaco.Chris Is Back Finally!

lol yah i hate reading... lol but thanks to all those who posted... yah i was just curious if paul actually caught the fearow but i guess not

19. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Ah, I saw how Sudowoodo mimiced Ash.

Now I get what it was doing in the Pikachu's In Charge Episode.

20. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

After only looking at the epsiode pictures this looks Like a Good and fun episode! I normally always like the episodes heavy on the main teams pokemon. And this series has been great for it, aswell as the main pokemon interacting with each other!

A few Points:
    -Why would Paul want a Fearow when he has a perfectly gd Mukurow that we know his going to be keepiong around?
    - The Pokemon pairing was well done. With Ash getting a mixed bag and Dawn with the frog (I 4get its english name)
    - Its gd it was not too heavy on standard rock types. AGAIN!
    - Will the coin toss be used in an upcoming capture maybe?
    - Did Ash show any concern at Mukubird being takern or exspress any joy when he got it back?