• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Means to an End; Sign-Ups

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
One problem though: two of the SRA people are probies, so that makes four without them. We need two more special agents in order to properly have two teams. *sigh* GM's really want to make Lupin work for the government nowadays... But since he has a clean criminal record (oddly enough) and won't be with all strangers, I guess I could put him in there. Maybe I can have it where Merlin is a Special Agent and Lupin is a Probie.

I'm thinking Merlin and Lupin could be a nice bridge between the two teams--I can put them on different teams and have them frequently keep in touch. I also think it would be rather interesting to put Merlin and Penelope on the same team. And haha, Lupin and Kitt look like they could be rivals, especially given they have similar abilities and both desperately wish to have their lovers back. Not to mention Lupin hates people who use guns. I dunno if it will be better to have them on the same or different teams...

treespyro

Vintage much?
So we start on the 24th then?

aggiegwyn

M_M-Oh, okay. Well, Aroma would work better alone with her insanity and all...

Kiruria-Well, if we can still make second characters, I would be willing to supply a special agent!

treespyro-Yup.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@aggiegwyn: That's nice to hear. I can't wait to see your signup!

Okay, so I made some minor edits to my signups--basically I put Lupin in the SRA as a Probie, and promoted Merlin to Special Agent. I made a very minor edit to the end of Merlin's history as well. I think it would be a good idea to have each team have a supervising agent, two special agents, and a probie. And a dog, in the case of Lupin's team.

Also, once the RPG starts I might have Silent Sadie (the assassin mentioned in Lupin's history) be available as an NPC. Originally I was going to make her one of my characters (a Blood Bandit, obviously), but figured describing her actions in detail would be too disturbing for a PG-14 RPG.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
So, with aggie's Special Agent, we have four Special Agents, two Supervisory Agents, and two Probationary Agents. Perfect! Each team gets a Probie, two Specials, and a Supervisor. Excellent.

T.T, Sunday the 24th... That's 5 DAYS! 120 HOURS! 7,200 MINUTES! 432,000 SECONDS! 432,000,000 MILLISECONDS!

Hm... how should Lost (who isn't part of the supernatural community) find out about the Blood Bandit? Someone has to die, that's for sure.

And do we get assigned missions or summat? Or just 'GO INVESTIGATE SOMETHING'? I suppose all will be revealed in the initial post... but I'm curious.

memond

The Dragon Slayer
Name: Luna Alucard

Species: Vampire

Faction and Job: Free Lancer / Blood Traitor. She is considered a very strong vampire

Appearance: Luna has blonde hair that she wears in long ponytails that come down to her knees. These ponytails are on the sides of her head and she ties them with red ribbons. She wears a Black Dress with a poofy skirt that comes down to her knees. She has black tights with Red horizontal stripes with mary janes. She has a large red bow around her chest and wears a black jacket that with sleeves that are slightly poofy around the shoulders. She carries a black laced parasol to shield her from the sun.

She has pale skin with large eyes orange eyes and has a hearshaped face. She stands at 5;3 making her short for her age. Luna has a slim frame and has very dainty features. She is very petite

Personality: Luna hates her Vampiresc instincts and would much rather feed off the blood of animals. She comes off very mean and cold but the truth is she is very kind. She hates when people wrong others and will stand up for others who she thinks is fighting a losing battle.

Likes: Flowers (Mostly red roses.) The smell of tea. The benefits of being a Vampire.
Dislikes: Her vampire tendencies. Blood bandits People who wrong others. Being bored

History: Luna was an only child to a wealthy family and was very closed off to the world Her best friend was her butler (Who happened to a Vampire.) And he has had played with her when she was bored. Luna was very fond of him but one day a blood bandit smelled the scent of her blood and though it would taste delicious. Targeted her. Senseing the Danger the vampire possessed. The butler transformed her into a vampire in order to protect her and then battled the vampire who targeted Luna to the death. Where he died. Luna has then traveled the world in order to reap her revenge on the vampire who killed her butler/best friend.

Powers: When focusing on one person hard enough. She can make it so they feel like that they are under horrible pain without causing them actual harm. This is how she protects people so effectively

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Kiruria: Alright, let's see then. Lupin can be with Kitt and aggie's agent (and possibly Lester) and then Luce can have Merlin, Cain, and Penelope. (I almost stuck the two humans on the same team which probably would've been bad). Which effectively closes sign-ups for new SRA Agents (I will still take forensic scientists, medical examiners, etc.)

Aggie: second character reserve. Yay full teams!

Niihyl: The agency/bandits will start out with "assignments" but once new evidence appears on either side they'll have to stray from those. Freelancers just kinda freelance and get involved in random crap as they please (I'll have something for them to get involved in, trust me).

memond: Hi there! Nice to see another vampire. A few problems though. Most of all, your sign-up is much too short, especially in the personality section. The likes/dislikes aren't really necessary sections, perhaps you could add them into her personality in sentence form to fluff it up a bit. As for your powers, they're a little over the top. You have to put some kind of cap on the pain feeling, state how strong her super strength/speed are and other various vampire things. So, for now, pending

Last edited:

memond

The Dragon Slayer
Name: Luna Alucard

Species: Vampire

Faction and Job: Free Lancer / Blood Traitor. She is considered a very strong vampire

Appearance: Luna has blonde hair that she wears in long ponytails that come down to her knees. These ponytails are on the sides of her head and she ties them with red ribbons. She wears a Black Dress with a poofy skirt that comes down to her knees. She has black tights with Red horizontal stripes with mary janes. She has a large red bow around her chest and wears a black jacket that with sleeves that are slightly poofy around the shoulders. She carries a black laced parasol to shield her from the sun.

She has pale skin with large eyes orange eyes and has a hearshaped face. She stands at 5;3 making her short for her age. Luna has a slim frame and has very dainty features. She is very petite

Personality: Luna hates her Vampiresc instincts and would much rather feed off the blood of animals. She comes off very mean and cold but the truth is she is very kind. She hates when people wrong others and will stand up for others who she thinks is fighting a losing battle.

Luna is very fond of flowers. But mostly red roses. She also loves the scent of freshly made tea. She also loves small cute animals such as Chipmunks and pigeons. She hates her Vampiric instincts and the Blood Bandits. Luna also cant stand being bored or being underestimated due to her appearnence.

History: Luna was an only child to a wealthy family and was very closed off to the world Her best friend was her butler (Who happened to a Vampire.) And he has had played with her when she was bored. Luna was very fond of him but one day a blood bandit smelled the scent of her blood and though it would taste delicious. Targeted her. Senseing the Danger the vampire possessed. The butler transformed her into a vampire in order to protect her and then battled the vampire who targeted Luna to the death. Where he died. Luna has then traveled the world in order to reap her revenge on the vampire who killed her butler/best friend.

Powers: When focusing on one person hard enough. She can make it so they feel like that they are under horrible pain without causing them actual harm. This is how she protects people so effectively. Luna is very fast and agile but isn't strongest of Vampires. Her strength is below average for most vampires.

aggiegwyn

I can't post my form since my computer is a long line of curse words.

Edit:

Never mind, I'll have a way to post tomorrow.

Last edited:

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
memond: It's still a little too short. By the way, you don't have to re-post your sign-up every time, just hit the edit button. It's better, but not quite long enough. Is Luna actually 14, or is that just the age she became a vampire? Also, there's one major no-no in your history: the Blood Bandit can't have personally known your character in the past (or targeted her). He's supposed to be very mysterious (on purpose) so I can slowly reveal his/her identity throughout the course of the RPG.

A few other ways you could add length and depth to your character are just to elaborate on things you've already written. Why does Luna hate her vampiric instincts? Why does Luna do such and such a thing? Just kind of elaborate a bit. As for appearance, the only question I really have is what are Mary Janes? I'm not quite sure about those. PM/VM me if you want any more help, I'd be glad to help you.

aggie: Glad to see he/she'll be up tomorrow.

Ethe: That's perfectly acceptable. Out of curiosity, what faction will your character be in, or are you not sure yet?

aggiegwyn

Making this with the ipad, so beware...

Name: Katommo "Tom"

Species: Triclops

Faction and Job: SRA Special Agent

Species: Triclops
The first thing you would guess about a Triclops is that they have three eyes. Two where they go on humans, and another smack in the middle of their forehead. If you could guess even better you would also know that they have a pair of horns sprouting from their heads. Even you were really good at this game you would also know that they have long elf ears. If you were the best guessed on the planet, you would also know that past their elbows, their arms become large, red, and muscular, they also get claws. If you were impossible you would also know that they can shape shift.

The Triclops race is timid. They hide in their caves, only slowly opening themselves up to civilization. Inside the cave, parents teach children how to huntm shape shift, and interact with humans. Even though the tradition is for a Triclops to be in the cave for life, the race has begun to learn that hunting becomes harder as forests become smaller. So, to make things easier they simply steal food from the humans. Very simple.

Another tradition for the Triclops is to live for almost five-hundred years. However, they are only able to do this by taking the heart of another creature and adding it to their own. They have to do this every ten years or so, depending on the size and strength of the heart. The tradition has two Triclops face each other in order to gain the next generation leaving the population cut in half.

If a Triclops disobeys a tradition, no matter whether he misplaces a steak or defies the very law, punishment comes down hard. Often the chief of the tribe will take on punishment himself, beating the wrong-doer until he feels they learn there lesson. However, it is often known for different punishments to be in mind for women...

Runaways are found and killed.

Triclops have catlike eyes that can be found in yellow, red, light blue, or orange. The horns can come in any color, and their hair tend to be light blonde or brown. They have white skin, but they can tan just as a human can. The third eye on a Triclops never closes until death.

Appearance: Tom has almond size piercing yellow eyes. His pupils are thin, catlike even. He has platinum blonde hair, so bright that it may be white, that conflicts with his tan skin. He holds a cocky grin on his face, and his raised eyebrows and third eye are hidden by his shaggy bangs. His hair is thick and full, going down to the middle of his neck, with strands sticking out everywhere.

He is muscular, having a tough stomach, but not yet a six pack, and strong arms. This is revealed constantly with his unbuttoned-button-up shirt. Where the heart is you can see a thick scar that reveals the process he has to go through in order to live so long. He also folds the red plaid sleeves so that they don't get in the way of his dragon-like forearms. He holds his red hand in fists in order to not acciddentslly scratch himself.

He wears normal blue jeans that from the looks of tears and rips is about fifty years old. Of course, they must have been handed down since Tom only looks to be in his early twenties.

He wears white Jordans, which are kept nice and clean. He tucks the bottom of his jeans into the shoes.

Personality: Tom seems to be always smiling. Whether he's telling a tale from. The joyous parts of his past, or telling a joke, or maybe laughing at one himself, Tom seems to be a happy person. Even in battle he taunts his enemy in orde to get the upper hand. He is very charismatic, and people tend to like him. However, no one really knows about him. He never opens up about his past, and when it's mentioned he either tries to change the subject or simply leaves.

However, if the person pushes on it, he gets angry. First, he will start yelling, maybe even accidentally blurting out some information in blind rage. Then, if you push even farther, he will bring out the claws and attack. You may find tears in his eyes as he attacks in rage.

Of course, there are other ways to get him mad, like bullying others, or, if a fellow Triclops evere came into sight he would probably try to kill him before getting killed himself.

Romantically, he is completely shut off. He doesn't find any women attractive, nor men. He doesn't want to love anymore, so he doesn't. If someone ever hit on him, he would probably ignore it or change the subject.

History: In 1755, Tom was born in a cave in the west Rockie Mountains. He was an obedient child, always going by tradition, no matter what. When he turned the he fought for his first heart against an older opponent, and won. Tom felt guilty about this, which wasn't the feeling he was supposed to have according to tradition. He did this time and time again, until the fateful year where he had to fight against his own father for a new heart. This was a common battle, but Tom wasn't going for it. After fifty years if taking lives of his own, Tom did the unthinkable; he ran.

Knowing he would be killed if a fellow tribe member ever saw him, Tom bounced around the world, avoiding western America at all costs. Finally he settled in New York City at about 1960, and met the love of his life. She worked in the library with him, and her name was Eliza. Of course, Tom kept his human disguise for the affair, but after almost a year of dating, he told her.

At first she was shocked, but she learned to accept it since after all, they were in love.

They had been married for ten years before the Triclops found him. They came to attack him, but when they saw Eliza, they changed their minds and killed her instead, thinking it was more of a painful punishment. Tom tried to fight them off of her, but he couldn't they were too strong, and he was too weak.

He lived in depression for several years, living in a new apartment with a new job at a factory. Every once in a while he would take a trip onto the woods so that he could take the heart from an animal, mostly deer. On one trip he ran into an elf, who told him about the SRA and how they were taking recruits.

After much thought, Tom decided to put his powers to a better use and accepted the offer.

Powers: His main power is in his arms. They are strong, with sharp claws, leaving deep cuts and bruises on contact. He swings these around as any person would, like fists. The impact comes in hard.

His horns are only four inches long, so stabbing people with them is his last resort. However, they are sharp, and this proves to be deadly.

There is only one way to end a Triclops for sure: to hit the third eye. If you stab into the eye, its an immediate kill shot. A stab in the heart will only work on a young Triclops, older ones have stronger and thicker hearts, making them hardest to kill the normal way. However, old age is always a possibility, since after five hundred years the heart stealing process stops working.

Other:

lawmaster

What is that?
I can't wait for this to start

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
aggie: I swear when I first read your sign-up I thought you were being a triceratops. This is what happens when I work outside in 110 degree weather for two days in a row. Anyways, accepted. The only thing I'm a little wary on is how difficult it is to kill a triclops but I'll take it. My only question is this:

A stab in the heart will only work on a young Triclops, older ones have stronger and thicker hearts, making them hardest to kill the normal way

Is Tom a "younger" Triclops or is he an "older" Triclops?

lawmaster: I know right? Finally haha. I'll have the first post (which I'm finishing up as we speak) up in less then 24 hours (no guarantees on time, I DO have to work tomorrow).

aggiegwyn

He's right in the middle, being 256 years old. So, maybe two or three jabs in the heart rather than one. Plus, if he gets shot in the forehead, he's dead.

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
aggie: works for me.

Everyone: THE THREAD IS UP THE THREAD IS UP! Ta-da! So go post and stuff! Any questions, feel free to PM/VM me and I'll get back to you after work. Merci.

ironknight42

Yeah, I had a character almost done but then I thought about it and the powers were unremarkable, it was doppelganger so shapeshifting but there are too many so I'll have and LSU today or tommorow for something like an angel...

George~©

All Gravy
Could i get a reserve please? Its 3am and I don't feel like staying up any longer. But would this be an acceptable species to sign up as? It isn't directly related to the legend, but I had to tweak it for relevance, and fairness.

The Wendigo is a creature told by legend in Algonquian Mythology. The algonquians were a pre-colonial civilisation, which widely inhabited most of North America at the time. Their ancient legend stated that if anyone of the Algonquian civilisation were to consume human flesh, or human blood, they would become a Wendigo. The most frequent cause of transformation into a Wendigo was if a person had resorted to cannibalism. Human spirits can also be possessed by a wendigo, often through a dream, and they too will become one.

The Wendigo itself is a creature that is powered by death and corruption. A human that first consumes human flesh gradually turns into a Wendigo, and the tranformation lasts about an hour. When it turns back into a human, it is immortal, unable to be killed by human weapons. The human becomes obsessed with human flesh and blood, and often turns maniacal, and self harming. It is constantly mobbed with thoughts of cannibalism, and often cannot resist the transformation. The Wendigo form is much larger than human form, depending on the amount of humanly being it has devoured. With each act, it grows, so the Wendigo is never full, and will always lust human flesh. Its face is elongated, so its jaws are always on show. The skin does not grow, and in Wendigo form the skeleton is often protruding out of its body. Its organs and brain are lifeless, and do not function, thus becoming immortal. The biggest change is its hands, which are around 5 times their normal size. The bones are thickened, and the skin is stretched around the hands. The arms are also elongated, designed to strike the enemy down, and then devour it. The hair will most of the time turn a lifeless grey once transformed.

A Wendigo only has one weakness, and that is to trap it whilst it is in its human form. It will not die, but it can be restrained. However if in Wendigo form, it can elongate its time period by devouring its own flesh. This is also how many Wendigo's transform at will; by drinking their own blood, or consuming their own flesh. Biting of the lips or cheak do not work. Possession of the soul can only occur if the person is in a dire situation for food. The Wendio can sense this, and is drawn to it. If the person then contemplates cannibalism in its dream, the soul can be devoured, and the person becomes a Wendigo.

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
midgeorge: The only issue I have is that you literally can't kill the thing. Put in some kind of weakness and/or way of killing it (or how it dies) and you've got yourself a reserve.

George~©

All Gravy
Reserving this spot for a sign up. If I say it can be killed whilst in Human form, but not in Wendigo form, would that be fine?

I want this. Alot. :')