• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Meteoric Experience (624)

Wow, i can't believe this!

Ok, a question about Gible's appearence...
;443;
What gender is Gible?
I think I saw at one point that Gible's back scale is without a crack. I don't know, maybe not. Well I think the male should have no crack and the female should have the crack. I mean it would just look better.

Is it just me, or does Draco Meteor look a lot more awesome in the games than it did in this episode. I mean, in SoulSilver (that's the only game I've seen it in so far) It looks like it would be a huge apocalyptic meteor shower! No, not shower. Storm! In this episode it really doesn't look as good as i though it was gonna be. This may just be me. I don't know...

Gible is a funny little critter, isn't he?

Also, Altaria is smaller than I thought. I expected it to be much bigger. Not too much bigger. just a little bigger.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I hope Gible masters draco meteor and joins Ash

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Awesome episode - Gible's such a cutie! Draco Meteor looks awesome. Grandma Wilma and Altaria were cool as well. I can also honestly admit I giggled when Piplup kept getting hit with Draco Meteor. Can't wait to see the next episode :D

G50

No longer posting
This episode was alright. It was cool to see Altaria and Gible again. It was funny to see Gible biting Ash's head and Piplup's head. Gible's Draco Meteor misses were very funny to watch. Piplup kept getting hit by Draco Meteor throughout the episode. It was jaw-dropping to see Gible devour TR whole machine.

50/100

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah, yes, the introduction of Gible, the only true rival to Ash in the smarts department. LOL :) Gible was one of my favorite pokemon of the Sinnoh generation of the show, and he makes a great debut here. It's too bad that Ash keeps getting pokemon who like to bite him on the head, though. At least Turtwig/Grotle outgrew that a long time ago by this episode. I also like the old lady trying to score a free ride from Brock. LOL

9/10

phanpycross

God-king
So, I decided to review every episode with Ash's gible in, because reasons I guess goodra hype tbh

It's really been a while since Ive watched any of DP, let along the dub version of DP. Pretty jarring to say the least, but not one of the worst episodes.

TR's rhyming got super annoying pretty quick, but Gible was pretty cute and funny which helped, how it ate the robot was kinda crazy tbh. Overall fun episode, a couple of meh lines and TR dragged it down, gible and staraptor dragged it up a lot.

7/10.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I kinda liked this episode because we finally got to see Draco Meteor move tutor Grandma Wilma in the anime. Gible was awesome, even trying to learn Draco Meteor by itself and the Altaria she was tutoring was beautiful, even with Ice Beam. Everything was good other than Team Rocket.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wilma was such a fun character and I loved Gible's struggle with learning Draco Meteor. I liked Team rocket's Altaria robot as well and seeing Gible begin to follow Ash's group was a nice way to end the episode.

Grandma Wilma was kooky in a good way and the Gible's head biting gag was funny and familiar. My favorite scene was when Gible ate the robot.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
As powerful as Draco Meteor is, it's almost useless because most Dragon Pokemon specialize on physical attacks anyway. I had a feeling that Gible was going to be the next Jigglypuff, and I was kinda right...

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was kind of surprised that Grandma Tatsu appeared in the anime since all she did was explain Draco Meteor to Satoshi. I liked seeing her teach it to Tyltalis however, and Fukamaru was such a bizarre little guy.

Vulpicks

This episode had really charming art and the animation was really good at some parts, wow! Really funny episode too.

Also I've always adored Altaria~!

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I did notice a slight change in the facial expressions in this episode, like when Satoshi was bitten by Fukamaru. The animation during that scene looked bold compared to DP's usual animation style.

Daizy

I call you honey
The comedy and everything else here kinda reminded me of the Kanto days. I thought it was so cute how the wild Gible's facial expression never changed much throughout the episode. The stone cold expression of Gible's made him look so vacant.

Scorbunnie

This episode didn't feel normal because the way it was animated made it seem funnier than most episodes. I didn't like Gible's tendency of biting Ash but it was an innocent thing so it didn't bug me too much.

Draco Meteor looked weaker than in the games.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The character animation and art style this episode was just excellent. So fun and dynamic; I wish more episodes throughout the whole anime looked like this

I love Gible. It’s so funny how deadpan it is when doing the most out there things, a lot like Croagunk. It immediately bring interested in Ash and just biting him is cute. Draco Meteor also continues to be the coolest-looking move out there