• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Meteoric Experience (624)

Cobalt_Latios

It was a close-up of her hair tail. It was going to chomp down on it much like Totodile.

...Who am I trying to kid? The only thing racing through our minds when they did that shot was assassass.
Wait, so I'm the only one who first noticed her hair, then took me an additional few seconds to realize it was a close-up of her ***? How the hell did this happen??!!

<C_L>

Hilarious.

Everything from Gible,Staraptor, and even Brock was great in this episode.

However it was Pochama's and Dawn's facial expressions that made this episode for me.

I also noticed that Ash is starting to get super ninja skills. Jumping on wooden poles in the Arceus movie and now grabbing speeding gibles to climb up a cliff.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

It was... just a rock. Not everything has to be an attack.

Actually re-watching that scene it actually appeared to use it's head. So headbutt?

As for Jessie's butt, I thought that too.

"Is Gible really going to bite Jessie's butt?" But then I noticed the hair, and I got a little disappointed; it was still a funny scene though.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
After watching the episode, I have to say Gible was awesome.

But mostly it was fun. Gible is fun. It isn't serious, it isn't angry or uber, it just plain FUN. It ate TR's machine, it had no idea what it was doing when it was attacking, and that apple scene was hilarious. Also, it looks like it can fight some, and hopefully training will make it a bit better.

It's no Gliscor, but that'll do shark, that'll do.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Wait, so I'm the only one who first noticed her hair, then took me an additional few seconds to realize it was a close-up of her ***? How the hell did this happen??!!
For me, I noticed both. By which I mean, I know what they were going for in that shot, but... I cannot lie, and you other posters can't deny, that when Jessie's round thing was in Gible's face it got SPRUNG... on to her hair.

dman_dustin said:
Actually re-watching that scene it actually appeared to use it's head. So headbutt?
Gible IS a headbutt. Like, litterally, its HEAD is its BUTT.

Butt yeah, sure, wynaut.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
One of the best episodes I've seen in a while.

Haven't seen so many anime expressions used since season 1 and I hope they keep it up because it does breath some life into an episode.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer

Haven't seen so many anime expressions used since season 1 and I hope they keep it up because it does breath some life into an episode.

Kuno-121

Why are gibles stealing all the screen time in this season I mean seriously

another gible to wreck the day -.- and how dare it bite piplup
Shame on him V_V or her

Sayho1234

I love this fandom, it's totally hilarious! One minute 90% of the fandom are crying & whining over the loss of Gliscor and swearing to never ever watch another episode of the series ever again, and the next minute 90% of the fandom are praising the writers for delivering THE.BEST.MOST.EPIC.EPISODE.EVER!

This just goes to show that we shouldn't underestimate the writers, give them a little more credit, and that DP truly is the most unpredictable saga ever.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
The only hilarious part that wasn't mentioned was right before gible attack jesse... with wobbuffet running back and forth with the random duct tape.

My favorite parts
the first gible scene first time it attacks ash
when it jumps into dawns arms dawns smiling while its biting piplup still
staraptor :huh ahhhhhhh lmao
piplup constantly being attacked

FUNNIEST EPISODE EVER
next episode looks pretty funny too

thunderblade12

Gible's a pretty good character. I still think Gliscor could have been sent to Oak's rather then ditched but meh..

I guess Gible's a nice replacement. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out like Noctowl whose personality faded after it's debut episode.

Gible eating Team Rocket's mecha was the best part. I can't wait to see it eating Barry's bike next week.

Cobalt_Latios

Same, I mean, Dawn had quite the range of expressions. I haven't seen that... in... well... ever.

I love this fandom, it's totally hilarious! One minute 90% of the fandom are crying & whining over the loss of Gliscor and swearing to never ever watch another episode of the series ever again, and the next minute 90% of the fandom are praising the writers for delivering THE.BEST.MOST.EPIC.EPISODE.EVER!
This was hilarity overload. And I don't understand a lick of Japanese. Proves to you that comedy is universal.

This just goes to show that we shouldn't underestimate the writers, give them a little more credit, and that DP truly is the most unpredictable saga ever.
I'd been anticipating this episode for some time. And it was well worth the wait.

Gible eating Team Rocket's mecha was the best part. I can't wait to see it eating Barry's bike next week.
Agreed. I actually couldn't believe what was happening (likewise for Team Rocket). I'd love to see it chow down on Barry's bike, just to see his horrific expression.

Hah! Then Ash'll will have 2 Pokemon responsible for bicycle damage. Do Ash's Pokemon have something against bikes, or are bikes just destined for destruction?

<C_L>

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It's good that Gible was so much fun. The Writers sure didn't waste anytime replacing Gliscor did they? In fact I think Dawns Ambipom was the only Pokemon who wasn't replaced right away. Jessie got Yanmega right after the Wallace Cup which was near Dustox's release. Gible was basically waiting for Gliscor to leave, yet Ambipom's replacement took rather long to get here. Oh well, Ash's Gible looks to be cool and I actually kinda want it to stay a Gible just because it was so much fun.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This episode had better be goddamn awesome to make up for all the drama surrounding the Gliscor release & Gible capture.

-The main characters start off this episode by...being completely lost!
-A bright light goes up in the sky and explodes like fireworks, so Our Heroes decide to go that way because hey, why not?
-But wait, what's that rustling in the bushes? Why it's a...DRAMABOMB!
-AshnCo find an old lady and an Altaria that uses Draco Meteor, and gaze in awe...before realizing that they're right where the Draco Meteors are going to land. Amazingly, they don't die from the hail of energy.
-The old lady and Altaria are pretty calm about nearly killing two small children and one horny teenager.
-Blah blah explanations blah
-LANDSHARK FIN RACING THROUGH THE GROUND(which looks suspiciously like a bunch of yellow and brown generic background lines)
-"Ash:Hi gible, I'm Ash. *extends hand in greeting* Gible:...*CHOMP*" I like this thing already!
-That old lady's pretty agile.
-I like how they picked the least draconic Dragon Type possible to demonstrate Draco Meteor.
-Gible appears and tries to use Draco Meteor!
-But it fails and the energy ball falls right back down at AshnCo. The humans run away, and Piplup takes a direct hit!
-Why is Ash helping Gible learn Draco Meteor instead of, you know, the old lady who has experience teaching Dragon types how to use Draco Meteor?
-Another try, another failure with recycled footage of Piplup getting hit with the failed Draco Meteor.
-Gible wanders over to Ash, and...bites him in the head! I have no idea what's going through its head, but I love it.
-Where the hell did that rock come from?
-OH GOD IT'S RAINING ASTEROIDS TAKE COVER
-I get the feeling that this Gible is "special".
-Team Rocket!
-....MANENE EXISTS. IT WASN'T JUST A MYTH AFTER ALL! Now if only we could get a glimpse of the mythical Buneary...
-How, exactly, was Altaria expecting an Ice Beam to break it out of a plastic(?) ball?
-Brock's fallen so low as to become transportation for old ladies.
-TR flies over a mountain, but Gible knows the way! (or so Ash and Dawn would hope)
-Gible knew the way, alright...to a berry bush!
-Dear god, Dawn's facial expressions! "What do you MEAN I just got done running half a mile and now have to scale a cliff?"
-Dawn's apprehension at climbing that cliff was pretty justfied, what with her falling to her death a short time later. Luckily, Mamoswine turns out to be slightly softer than the ground.
-Ash almost falls to his death too(what is this, a PSA about the dangers of scaling cliffs?), but Gible saves him!
-Mukuhawk finds TR's balloon, which...launches a net at it! I LOVE THIS EPISODE!
-No, seriously, just WHAT is Altaria hoping to accomplish by using Ice Beam on its enclosure?
-Oh, it's the old "switch from cold to hot REALLY FAST to break things" trick.
-Gible is amazing. It ate an entire mecha in 20 seconds.
-I am loving the hell out of the facial expressions this episode.
-Gible still sucks at Draco Meteor. Although really, the falling ball of energy could be an attack in its own right.
-Aw, I was half-expecting Gible to bite Ash before it tried Draco Meteor again. PHYSICAL PAIN IS FUNNY, DAMMIT.
-And Gible is now able to use Draco Meteor. For some reason.
-Lookit Piplup taking all the credit for blasting off TR in its mind. That's one proud penguin.
-Gible decides to show off Draco Meteor again...and fails, with hilarious results. The animators ONCE AGAIN reuse the "Piplip freaking out before being hit by the ball of energy" animation.
-And the episode ends with Our Heroes heading off to Asasatustusdfsdgski Town for the next contest. But GIBLE IS STILL FOLLOWING THEM! *dun dun dun*

Great episode. The animation was hilarious, and I was not expecting Gible to be such a zoned-out Pokemon(which only makes it more amusing). I also have to agree with several other posters that it was great that TR was expecting Ash to have Staraptor look for them. The writers probably won't pull that one very often, but at least they thought of it this one time.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I think I've said it before, but this Gible is a mouthbreather. It probably won't be as dopey as Lotad, but I'd give it the same range of Psyduck's old antics. Well, that is if they decide to give it good treatment.

It was a close-up of her hair tail. It was going to chomp down on it much like Totodile.

...Who am I trying to kid? The only thing racing through our minds when they did that shot was assassass.

It was... just a rock. Not everything has to be an attack.

I was certainly on the a** lol

This episode was comical with some great animation for the attacks too

I already love this gible lol i'll always love gliscor too though

He is one strong lil shark ain't he.....dragon pulse, dig ,possibly bite, learning draco metor and is shown to use dragon claw in the DP157 preview wow

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The running gag of the Draco Meteor "flop" homing in on Piplup wherever it ran reminded me of an old Looney Toons gag. As an overall plot, this episode was actually very generic, but fortunately, all the aforementioned visual gags and the overall charm of this Gible made things more than worth it. Whereas Gliscor was simply a klutz, Gible is truly a dimwit. It suffers from a case of mental lapse far more severe than anything Muku.BIRD could ever conjure up.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Whereas Gliscor was simply a klutz, Gible is truly a dimwit. It suffers from a case of mental lapse far more severe than anything Muku.BIRD could ever conjure up.

Muku is clever boiyd. It defends its title well:

[img200]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3526/pa1261044993885.jpg[/img200]