• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Meteoric Experience (624)

A fascinating episode with Gible. It's characteristics could be "Likes to Eat" due to the eating habits (the apple tree, Team Rocket mecha, dirt to help dig his way through) and Dawn during today's episode featured a lot of silly expressions (the cliff for example) and also the episode today had a variety of animation no? The characters moved weirdly unlike previous episodes because they were all jumpy (excluding Wilma) due to Gible's Draco Meteor. Also, Dragon Pulse was awesome.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I loved the ep in Japanese. I hated the dub more than Ive ever hated a dub.

-Didnt really like Grandma Wilma's voice, dunno, it grated somewhat

-Gible, saying 'Gible' instead of 'Ku, ku' makes it sound too intelligent...lost a bit of the retardedness for me,

-The music when they first meet Gible and it bites Ash...d**n, that was good, its a shame they removed it, because it made the Piplup scene after that brilliant too.

10/10 for the jap version, only 5/10 for the dub :)

-The music when they first meet Gible and it bites Ash...d**n, that was good, its a shame they removed it, because it made the Piplup scene after that brilliant too.

10/10 for the jap version, only 5/10 for the dub :)

removed? you must have missed a scene. I don't recall a scene being removed.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
This episode marks the start of Pokemon's bright future.
I'm simply overjoyed that Ash will soon get the Pokemon, I've always wanted him to get.
Oh happy day!
Gible acted like a true hero. He was brave ,smart, and powerful. Of course, you mustn't expect Draco Meteor, one of the most powerful Pokemon attacks, to work immediately after a few tries. Gible will master it, I'm totally convinced of that!
Finally, FINALLY, Ash got a Pokemon that is worth of a future master! From now on we certainly have to consider him an advanced trainer who is one his way to the championship.

Gible makes the world go round , Gible being on Ash's team gives Pokemon a new meaning, Gible is the Pokemon I've been waiting for since...well since I started watching Pokemon 12 years ago!
And wanna know what's the best thing about Gible? Ash will have a Pokemon which will always remind us of the greatest woman in Pokemon ever which means Ash will become a part of Cynthia's glory. Or let me put it like this: Cynthia will always be with Ash from now on

Everything is just perfect today, so no need to comment on this episode anymore because it was almost flawless

9 out of 10 points!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
removed? you must have missed a scene. I don't recall a scene being removed.

No no no lol...ah you mistook my meaning. Youve seen the Jap ep right? I meant the music FROM that scene, not the scene itself removed. When Ash says "Hi, Im ash" and Gible jumps on him, theres slapstick music going on in the Jap ep that wasnt in the dub version. Which lost the magic of the scene for me.

The jumping over the chasm thing is the next ep.

HoennMaster

Good episode. The only thing I didn't like was the voice. Gible's voice worked perfectly for Khoury's Gible since it was mischievous, but I was hoping for a more mellow dumbfounded Gible voice for Ash's.

Ash jumping over the long distance gap... in the jap epi

That's in the next episode, not this one.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. I like how Gible's Draco Meteor always followed Piplup. Draco Meteor is now my favorite looking move in the anime now.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Since I've been so used to hearing Altaria's Jap. voice in the dub, hearing its dubbed voice in this episode really threw me off. Other than that, I liked this episode; I actually thought it was really funny; possibly the funniest since the Giant Claydol episode.
Y'know what would've made it even funnier? If when Dawn said "Team Rocket is a bunch of very bad thieves" she then added, "And by that I mean they are very bad at being thieves." which likely would've made Jess scream "HEY! That was uncalled for!"

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Y'know what would've made it even funnier? If when Dawn said "Team Rocket is a bunch of very bad thieves" she then added, "And by that I mean they are very bad at being thieves." which likely would've made Jess scream "HEY! That was uncalled for!"

Hasn't something like this happened already?

I have to be honest. I hate Gible's voice. Fukumaru's voice is so much better...especially when it's firing off Draco Meteors and we get the "ka" or "ku" right before it fails.

Otherwise, this episode goes up there for me as one of DP's funniest.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I loved how this episode was animated. They nailed all the goofy expressions and it was pretty fun. It really was one of the funniest in Sinnoh.

Also...loved Jessie's butt.

Once again Brock gets no respect, I thought he was supposed to be the strongest in the group.

*enters critic mode*

Original: Impressive~

Dub: Disappointing.

I love this episode, I really do, but three things irked me till no end; Altaria's voice, Gible's voice...and the worst of all: the music edits. When I heard Altaria in the dub, I could feel that there wasn't any effort put in. Is it just me, or has Altaria's dub always sounded terrible?

Then there's Gible... Gosh, it's original voice sounded way more innocent and cuter than the dub. Now it sounds exactly like Khoury's.. =_=;

And finally; the music. Now don't get me wrong, I'm usually not annoyed at the dub's music edits, but this time it kinda ruined the humorous mood for me. I missed hearing the silly music in the background... Not the same affect in the dub. :<

Either way, the animation still earns a 10/10 from me, and I hope we get to see more episodes like this in the future. Just hilarious~ xD

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Original: Impressive~

Dub: Disappointing.

I love this episode, I really do, but three things irked me till no end; Altaria's voice, Gible's voice...and the worst of all: the music edits. When I heard Altaria in the dub, I could feel that there wasn't any effort put in. Is it just me, or has Altaria's dub always sounded terrible?

Then there's Gible... Gosh, it's original voice sounded way more innocent and cuter than the dub. Now it sounds exactly like Khoury's.. =_=;

And finally; the music. Now don't get me wrong, I'm usually not annoyed at the dub's music edits, but this time it kinda ruined the humorous mood for me. I missed hearing the silly music in the background... Not the same affect in the dub. :<

Win win win comments!!! All of those earn my approval.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I loved the episode, it's just Gible's voice annoyed me! (Altaria's too; I kept thinking "shouldn't it be sing-song? XD) Other than that it was good; I always love the part where it looks like Gible's gonna help them and then it bites the tree. XD I've watched it like 10x in jp and that part still never fails to make me laugh/smile.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode was even more comedic than normal. I laughed out loud more than once. And the animation was pretty good to match the comedy. The writers should use it on every comedic episode. The only thing I didn't like was Gible's voice. 9/10.

"Sorry Officer, I didn't see their license plate" - Jessie

XD

Brumrha

Banned
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/VFaction/gibledoesntchangefacialexpressions.gif[/img139]

"~Call on meeeee, Call on me.~"

Gibles & Bits. Gibles & Bits. GIBLES & BITS!!

*snickers* That is just $&#%ing rich...

Okay, break's over! Back to work!!

- Once more, Ash & the gang are hopelessly lost inside another forest. With these people having all sorts of those high-tech gizmos, you'd think that they would have a GPS on them by now. Nope!!
- Then, all of a sudden, they see what looks to be some fireworks over at a distance. Like a bunch of little turkey hatch-lings to pieces of greenery, they go to it.
- They end up in a clearing with a rather old lady & her home, with an Altaria. Turns out that she can teach Draco Meteor.
- Altaria gives a little demonstration on how Draco Meteor works: It concentrates its draconic energy into a single point, which then manifests into its mouth, it then points its mouth in the general direction of up & lets it loose. The concentration of energy then flies off a distance before splitting into many balls of death, which come crashing down onto the earth & turning the War-zone into a "Resident Evil: Extinction" reference or something like that.
- With all that said, one would think that the lady's house would be a Fallout Shelter...
- During the training session we get a little surprise visit from, what else? A Gible! It makes its entry by taking a bite out of Ash's skull. Okay, with something that has sharp, pointed fangs like a Gible, that would most definitely be painful. What's most surprising is that it didn't crack through his juvenile skull...
- They manage to shake him off, only to have him go after Dawn's Piplup. My, my, the fun never ends with this one...
- The mentor then explains to them that this Gible in particular has been snooping around these parts. The explanation? Well, he has been trying to perform Draco Meteor himself, but he's not doing so well with it...
- Case in point: Gible attempts this again, but instead of splitting into many pieces, the ball just comes crashing down as is. The gang panic & clears the area, with the exception of Piplup, who does the foolish thing of trying to avoid it the conventional way. Unfortunately, the "meteor" is seemingly controlled by a psychic, & thus it finds its mark on Piplup's skull.
- Ash tries to intervene by doing the mentors job, but ends up yielding the exact same results. That's real good, people.
- Anyhow... the real mentor sends Gible off into the forest where he belongs. They resume their session, but a shower of rocks comes from out of nowhere!
- The explanation? TR!! & they've warmed up for their motto. Someone silence these people!!!
- Turns out that these pissants are after that Altaria. They then encase the thing inside a tough acrylic shell, which is nigh on the indestructible.
- They all try to give chase, but poor Brock get the mentor planted onto his back. Hyah, Mule!!
- Shocker! They're actually losing them! NOES!!!!
- %@#$!! They got away... Not willing to give up, they intend to scour this entire area for them.
- There are some issues with this, however. First & foremost, they're still in that hell of a forest that they've gotten lost in back in the beginning, & second, Brock can't heft his burden. Brock gets a thumbs down on fitness.
- Just when all hope is lost, Gible comes out to "lead" the way, but instead, he leads them towards a small apple tree. "Yum! Food!! Get in mah belly!!"
- In a desperate gambit, Ash gets out his Staraptor to find them. The other problem is that he leads them straight towards a sheer cliff.
- Even worse is the fact that the TR balloon is strangely vacant. Staraptor investigates, & it ends up being a snare trap. Wonderful...
- As Ash & Dawn are scaling the cliff, Dawn ends up losing her grip & falls off, with the only thing preventing her from becoming a little blood-red stain on the ground is the fact that her Mamoswine came out to cushion her fall.
Thus, she, too, gets the thumbs down when it comes to fitness.
- With all the pressure on him, Ash continues onward, but he then loses his grip as well, due to a loose rock, & he, too, falls to his death, when, surprise, surprise! Gible comes out to save the day!
- Ash gets a firm hold on his fin sticking out from under the face of the cliff, & makes it to the top. Thus, he gets the thumbs up for fitness level!
- Ash then heads toward the empty balloon, where he frees his Staraptor. The one question in his mind is, where the hell is TR?!
- Well... they're off somewhere with their new Altaria Mecha, all whilst Altaria is trying to free itself by freezing it with Ice Beam, & heating it up at the same time with Flamethrower.
- Then, Gible manages to find them, & he chomps up their mecha in seconds, much to their chagrin.
- Seeing as to the fact that they're flipping out at this Gible, Jessie sends out her Seviper at him.
- Gible tries out his Draco Meteor, but it ends up being the laughing stock, as always...
- He does, however, have something that isn't laughable: Dragon Pulse!
- Still, the stress of this fight, combined with the stress of having to use Draco Meteor takes its toll on him, & he is brought to his knees, sweating rather profusely.
- Seviper then goes in for the kill, but gets interrupted by Ash's Pikachu! That means that they've all caught up with them!
- Even worse is the fact that Altaria has freed itself.
- Worse still is the fact that Gible, fueled by adrenaline, finally succeeds in performing the Draco Meteor! Te meteor shower comes crashing down onto TR, thus sending them off into god-knows-where.
- Brimming with confidence, Ash decides to give it one more go on having Gible perform the Draco Meteor. He did well up to the point in which the ball of energy went up into the sky, in which it only yields one meteor, which again, comes crashing down on poor Piplup.
- In disappointment, they then get some directions towards Dawn's contest, & decide to get moving from here. But, That Gible is still following them... Ba Ba BUM!!!!

This made me wonder if that's how Cynthia got Draco Meteor on her Garchomp. It could be, as this thing is the perfect weapon for those swarms of Pokemon that those villains love to throw at the gang...

Rebeccag

Was an ok episode love Gible though and think that Ash is going to get it in the next episode which is gonna be more attacking of Piplup(Not a bashing on piplup but his expressions are just too priceless lol). Grama Wilma annoyed me kinda and also Dawn keep calling her grandma as well was a bit odd. Team Rocket were really funny in this episode though keep being attacked by Gible

Vernikova

Champion
The old lady was so funny inn this episode. For me, she made this episode along with Brock. The whole Draco Meteor bit is kind of funny the first couple of times but it's going to get pretty old if they keep re-using it. I did like it when Gible chomped on Ash's head though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Did the old lady mention who the Altaria belonged to?