• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A movie pattern

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
I couldn't help to noticed the other day that the movies effect ash's teams alot. Waat do I mean by this well whenever there is a battle at the beginning of the movie ash seems to catch/ get one of the pokes. Is this just a coincidence I think not. There have been battles at the beginning of the first, third, the movie with lucario was early enough, the movie with darkrai, and the newest movie. I believe those are the only movies with a battle in the beginning. Ash has either had or gotten after the movie one of the pokemon he has battled expect one of the ones from the lucario movie.

first movie- dophan
3rd movie- apiom
lucario (8th movie?) nothing yet
dakrai- to be torterra
arceus- hearcross

So what does everyone think ?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I couldn't help to noticed the other day that the movies effect ash's teams alot. Waat do I mean by this well whenever there is a battle at the beginning of the movie ash seems to catch/ get one of the pokes. Is this just a coincidence I think not. There have been battles at the beginning of the first, third, the movie with lucario was early enough, the movie with darkrai, and the newest movie. I believe those are the only movies with a battle in the beginning. Ash has either had or gotten after the movie one of the pokemon he has battled expect one of the ones from the lucario movie.

first movie- dophan
3rd movie- apiom
lucario (8th movie?) nothing yet
dakrai- to be torterra
arceus- hearcross

So what does everyone think ?

First off, Everyone is still a fan for that Riolu/Lucario? Face it, Ash isn't getting one! Secondly, Heracross was obtained between Movie 2 & Movie 3, Arceus is Movie 12...... Thirdly, it's just 3 times that it has happened & they don't even happen consecutively.

The real Movie pattern is as follows:

Original Series-
Movie 1- Donphan.
Movie 2- None(Mostly ALL 150 Pokemon appeared in one.lol)
Movie 3- Aipom(Ash & Dawn), Phanpy(Ash)
Movie 4- Haven't seen it yet....... but from what bulbapedia shows, none.
Movie 5- Haven't seen it yet....... but from what bulbapedia shows, none.
Advanced Generation:
Movie 6- None(not counting intro Pokemon)
Movie 7- Munchlax & Blaziken(May)
Movie 8- Bonsly(Brock), Mime Jr.(James), Aipom(Ash & Dawn) again.
Movie 9- Buizel(Ash & Dawn).
Diamond & Pearl Series:
Movie 10- Torterra(Ash), Chimchar(Ash), Gible(Ash), Infernape(Ash), Yanmega(Jessie)
Movie 11- Mamoswine(Dawn), Togekiss(Dawn).
Movie 12- Cyndaquil(Dawn).
Movie 13- TBA

Last edited:

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
Well Lucario had Mime Jr. in which James captured. Though it wasn't ash, it still sort of fit the pattern of a pokemon being added to the main cast after premeiring in a movie.

Not to mention, there was buizel in the Manaphy movie, Munchlax (May captured, DUH) in the Deoxys one, and others, that my memory fails to remember. Yeah there's a pattern, but ash already HAS a heracross.... So i don't understand why you put that for Arceus.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Yeah....but you cant make a a pattern off that. If it were EVERY movie, then yep, of course, Nintendo would need a smack in the face for spoiling us and fan fiction writers, but the Arceus movie, he already had heracross for years, and Donphan? Aipom? How is there a pattern since its so sporadically done? Ash just likes battling, he probably used to beat up his teddybear every night, and tbh, the ones youve mentioned are either pretty popular Pkmn, or mascots for the show, hence Nintendo used them for publicity :D

PS. I didnt watch the Lucario movie, well, not yet anyway, so whats your point, that hes gonna get one?

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
ok maybe pattern was the wrong word but there might be something who knows he might get breloom for all we know. Seeing as paul has weavile already and I don't see ash catching one. Seeing as the 5th gen is coming it would make no sense with him catching one either.

ash101

Well how about
Movie 7-Munchlax May
Movie 8-Bonsly & Mime Jr Brock & James
Movie 9-Buizel Ash/Dawn
Movie 10-Yanmega Jessie
Movie 11-Mamoswine Dawn
Movie 12-Cyndaquil Dawn

I dont know there could be a patten

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Most of the movies do involve a Pokemon that make it in to the main cast shortly afterwards.

Movie 1 - Pidgeot (Ash...still not sure whether this movie was set before or after Pidgeotto's evolution/release)
Movie 2 - Actually nothing as far as i know...
Movie 3 - Phanpy (Ash)
Movie 4 - Scizor (Gary)
Movie 5 - Another movie with nothing...although it did mark Porygon's only appearance since the incident.
Movie 6 - Skitty (May)
Movie 7 - Munchlax (May)
Movie 8 - Mime Jr (James) & Bonsly (Brock) & Aipom (Ash)
Movie 9 - Buizel (Dawn/Ash)
Movie 10 - Chimchar (Ash) & Yanmega (Jessie) & Honchkrow (Paul)
Movie 11 - Mamoswine (Dawn) & Magmortar (Paul)
Movie 12 - Cyndaquil (Dawn)

So yeah... I can see movie 13 showing off a new team addition, but it wont be Zorua or Zoroark. They're most likely going to be the new Riolu/Lucario. Maybe a Gen 2 or different Gen 5 Pokemon for Dawn?

Last edited:

dawn hater

Most of the movies do involve a Pokemon that make it in to the main cast shortly afterwards.

Movie 1 - Pidgeot (Ash...still not sure whether this movie was set before or after Pidgeotto's evolution/release)
Movie 3 - Phanpy (Ash)
Movie 4 - Scizor (Gary)
Movie 5 - Another movie with nothing.
Movie 6 - Skitty (May)
Movie 7 - Munchlax (May)
Movie 8 - Mime Jr (James) & Bonsly (Brock) & Aipom (Ash)
Movie 9 - Buizel (Dawn/Ash)
Movie 10 - Chimchar (Ash) & Yanmega (Jessie) & Honchkrow (Paul)
Movie 11 - Mamoswine (Dawn) & Magmortar (Paul)
Movie 12 - Cyndaquil (Dawn)

So yeah... I can see movie 13 showing off a new team addition, but it wont be Zorua or Zoroark. They're most likely going to be the new Riolu/Lucario. Maybe a Gen 2 or different Gen 5 Pokemon for Dawn?

Well you should add Torterra, Homchkrow, Gible and Infernape to the list. And still there are may more.

This thread is pointless as these can be coincidences too.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Torterra, Gible and Infernape were shown in Movie 10...Its been a long while since then and although Ash now has/will have these, I was talking about Pokemon joining the cast 'shortly' after appearing in a movie.

Although i guess we could count the Torterra in movie 10 for Paul.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I though we knew about Paul's Torterra before Movie 10.

Movie 10 aired first, and then the Paul VS Cynthia Episode aired, showing Torterra. In the U.S Schedule, yes, the Japanese Schedule, No.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
To debunk the TC's theory Ash battled a Croagnaw in the fourth movie but didn't catch one. He just has a Totodile.

In Movie 8 Ash battled Breloom (Kenny) and Weavile (Paul).

Conaway has a Slowking.

To comment on the Movie Theory in general it is more likely that a Pokemon that's featured in the movie will be captured but that's not always the case. Not all Pokemon that get a feature will be captured by anyone. Lucario's probably the most infamous example.

Torpoleon

Yeah, we all know about the movie pattern. Now that I see the lists you guys posted, there were a bunch more than what I initially thought.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
First off, Everyone is still a fan for that Riolu/Lucario? Face it, Ash isn't getting one! Secondly, Heracross was obtained between Movie 2 & Movie 3, Arceus is Movie 12...... Thirdly, it's just 3 times that it has happened & they don't even happen consecutively.

The real Movie pattern is as follows:

Original Series-
Movie 1- Donphan.
Movie 2- None(Mostly ALL 150 Pokemon appeared in one.lol)
Movie 3- Aipom(Ash & Dawn), Phanpy(Ash)
Movie 4- Haven't seen it yet....... but from what bulbapedia shows, none.
Movie 5- Haven't seen it yet....... but from what bulbapedia shows, none.
Advanced Generation:
Movie 6- None(not counting intro Pokemon)
Movie 7- Munchlax & Blaziken(May)
Movie 8- Bonsly(Brock), Mime Jr.(James), Aipom(Ash & Dawn) again.
Movie 9- Buizel(Ash & Dawn).
Diamond & Pearl Series:
Movie 10- Torterra(Ash), Chimchar(Ash), Gible(Ash), Infernape(Ash), Yanmega(Jessie)
Movie 11- Mamoswine(Dawn), Togekiss(Dawn).
Movie 12- Cyndaquil(Dawn).
Movie 13- TBA

What do you think about that TANGROWTH in the poster?
I think Brock will catch it in future episodes, because Croagunk was looking weirdly at Tangrowth in the poster. So, it can be Brock's Tangrowth :D

BM14murph

Master Collector
Wow I knew about da movie pattern a good bit but not to dat extent

I think this time around it'll be brock and/or james who gets one of da poke in da film

More thank likely will be tangrowth for one of them.....i think it's a bit late for james to get one though for his grass pokemon

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Sometimes when I don't enjoy the movies I always look for a future capture cameo Pokemon. It's kinda fun, but movie 12 I couldn't tell if it was Chikorita or Cyndaquil to be the new capture.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It's kinda fun, but movie 12 I couldn't tell if it was Chikorita or Cyndaquil to be the new capture.

It was Cyndaquil (Dawn). Thank goodness for that. Chikorita's line has had an insane amount of love compared to the other Pokemon in its line.