• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A movie that was ruined by a single scene...

~Mist~

revolutionary~
For me, it definitely has to be Scary Movie 2. The part where the bulter, or whatever his name was was fingering a turkey. Yes, a turkey. It was kind of funny but mostly distrubing. I had the same recation as the characters. I was like "I did not need to see that". xD

If you've watched that movie, you'll know exactly what I mean.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
For me, it definitely has to be Scary Movie 2. The part where the bulter, or whatever his name was was fingering a turkey. Yes, a turkey. It was kind of funny but mostly distrubing. I had the same recation as the characters. I was like "I did not need to see that". xD

If you've watched that movie, you'll know exactly what I mean.

I thought the part where he actually had sex with the turkey was worse.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
^Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me of that wonderful image. xDDDDD Screw the fingering then.

Tomato Jr.

The Phantom Menace: lightsaber duel
Attack of the Clones: Jango's decapitation
Revenge of the Sith: Mace Windu's death
Empire Strikes Back: Luke and Vader's "chat"
Return of the Jedi: Jabba's Palace
All of Eragon(film, the book was excellent)
Prisoner of Azkaban: shortened Aunt Marge's visit
All of Doom
Lack of seeing the alien in Alien
The dog's death in Alien3
The guns in Alien Ressurection
The guns in Starship Troopers 2
Lack of gore in AVP
Excessive violence in AVP:R (went too far)

so many movies, so little time.

what the hell? all of the Star Wars scenes were vital. Mace Windu had to be killed off in ep3, the lightsabre duel was the best part of 1 and luke and vaders 'chat' is one of the all-time greatest movie scenes. the whole point of alien was that you didn't see much of it, it is called tension.

seriously though, Return of The King was ruined by all those scenes at the end. Why?? what did they add?

uber gon

Accept Change
what the hell? all of the Star Wars scenes were vital. Mace Windu had to be killed off in ep3, the lightsabre duel was the best part of 1 and luke and vaders 'chat' is one of the all-time greatest movie scenes. the whole point of alien was that you didn't see much of it, it is called tension.

seriously though, Return of The King was ruined by all those scenes at the end. Why?? what did they add?

The fact that Frodo was scarred in wats no one could imagine. Besides, it was semi-canonical to the book.

Peterdea

Glalie
The Condemned was ruined by the lack of history to every character except jack conrad
one of the uh, texas chainsaw massacre movies was ruined when the killer pretty much teleported into a car
day of the dead was ALMOST ruined by the zombie with the gun
seed of chucky was ruined by the tryhard humour scenes
there are heaps more that i cant think of now...

Nyami

Atonement was ruined when
the girl was like, "I made all that up. They didn't get back together, because my sister drowned and her lover died of a disease."

I mean, WTF? The movie was decent until that part.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
what the hell? all of the Star Wars scenes were vital. Mace Windu had to be killed off in ep3,

I don't mind the Mace Windu death scene so much. It's what comes after it that I had an issue with (and thus ruined Episode III for me). Now, I know that the Jedi had to be wiped out in Episode III. I accepted that going into the movie. But they did it so... non-chalantly. Mace had a little battle with Palpatine, and Anakin killed him off. Alright. I can accept that, since he had to go to the dark side.

But, now we come to the extermination of the Jedi. Now, I was expecting this to be an epic battle that would last awhile. I was like, 'Oh man, if Mace's battle took that long, just imagine how long this is going to be with ALL the Jedi.'. And why wouldn't I expect that kind of battle? After all, they're Jedi Knights. It would take a major thing to take just one of them out, let alone 15 to 20. So I was ready for the battle to end all battles.

But what do they do? They have a 5-minute sequence where Palpatine suddenly remembers that he has control of the clone army and tells them to wipe out the Jedi (order 666 or something like that). Said Jedi put up no resistance whatsoever, even though they're until now able to mow down entire legions of robots that are probably WAY more durable than the troopers and have way better maneuverability.

Now. I know they were supposed to be killed, I'm not arguing with the end result. But you would think with everything they did that they would have been able to hold their own for more than 5 freaking minutes, even against the clone army. I mean, seeing one or two of them killed by the clones should have triggered the 'Oh crap, I think we should defend ourselves,' part of their brain, but most of them just stand there and get hit. Most of them didn't so much as TRY to defend themselves, even when they figured out what was going on.

Now, compare that to the massacre at the Academy. Now, I was expecting this to be an outright slaughter. I mean, it's a bunch of kids going up against a Sith. There's no way they would last.

Why do I have issues here? Because the kids put up a better fight than the Jedi on the field. Seriously, watch the movie. The kids at the Academy fight way better than the 'Jedi Knights', and it takes longer for Vader, a Sith, to take them out than it does for basic Clone Troopers to take out Jedi Knights. And remember, these are the council members, as in the Elite of the Elite. It seriously should've been the other way around there.

But no, they were just suddenly blasted as they watched, cut to Yoda sensing it all and giving a look. Then bye bye Jedi, with this dramatic Lord of the Rings-esque music in the background. Of course then they abruptly cut to the next scenes without even letting the movie breathe.

Now I know that Star Wars isn't heavy on drama, but when Luke's village was wiped out, or when Obi Wan died in Episode IV, there was at least some time to feel the loss, and you grew closer to the characters. But in Episode III, you didn't even have time to feel the loss, because they rushed to the next scene so freaking quickly, almost as if there was some cosmic producer closing in on their deadline. So to most people, it wasn't even that big of a deal compared to everything else.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
I don't mind the Mace Windu death scene so much. It's what comes after it that I had an issue with (and thus ruined Episode III for me). Now, I know that the Jedi had to be wiped out in Episode III. I accepted that going into the movie. But they did it so... non-chalantly. Mace had a little battle with Palpatine, and Anakin killed him off. Alright. I can accept that, since he had to go to the dark side.

But, now we come to the extermination of the Jedi. Now, I was expecting this to be an epic battle that would last awhile. I was like, 'Oh man, if Mace's battle took that long, just imagine how long this is going to be with ALL the Jedi.'. And why wouldn't I expect that kind of battle? After all, they're Jedi Knights. It would take a major thing to take just one of them out, let alone 15 to 20. So I was ready for the battle to end all battles.

But what do they do? They have a 5-minute sequence where Palpatine suddenly remembers that he has control of the clone army and tells them to wipe out the Jedi (order 666 or something like that). Said Jedi put up no resistance whatsoever, even though they're until now able to mow down entire legions of robots that are probably WAY more durable than the troopers and have way better maneuverability.

Now. I know they were supposed to be killed, I'm not arguing with the end result. But you would think with everything they did that they would have been able to hold their own for more than 5 freaking minutes, even against the clone army. I mean, seeing one or two of them killed by the clones should have triggered the 'Oh crap, I think we should defend ourselves,' part of their brain, but most of them just stand there and get hit. Most of them didn't so much as TRY to defend themselves, even when they figured out what was going on.

Now, compare that to the massacre at the Academy. Now, I was expecting this to be an outright slaughter. I mean, it's a bunch of kids going up against a Sith. There's no way they would last.

Why do I have issues here? Because the kids put up a better fight than the Jedi on the field. Seriously, watch the movie. The kids at the Academy fight way better than the 'Jedi Knights', and it takes longer for Vader, a Sith, to take them out than it does for basic Clone Troopers to take out Jedi Knights. And remember, these are the council members, as in the Elite of the Elite. It seriously should've been the other way around there.

But no, they were just suddenly blasted as they watched, cut to Yoda sensing it all and giving a look. Then bye bye Jedi, with this dramatic Lord of the Rings-esque music in the background. Of course then they abruptly cut to the next scenes without even letting the movie breathe.

Now I know that Star Wars isn't heavy on drama, but when Luke's village was wiped out, or when Obi Wan died in Episode IV, there was at least some time to feel the loss, and you grew closer to the characters. But in Episode III, you didn't even have time to feel the loss, because they rushed to the next scene so freaking quickly, almost as if there was some cosmic producer closing in on their deadline. So to most people, it wasn't even that big of a deal compared to everything else.

When you put it that way, I can agree with you there. Frankly I am now starting to scratch my head in ponderment in regards to George Lucas's intentions during this time.

latios reborn

If they were to have a mini battle for the few jedi shown the movie would have been going for way longer. they only shows Windu as he was a mina Jedi in the first 3 movies.
And in the end sure the Jedi didn't put up much of a fight as they were taken by surprise I guess seeing as the clones were ment to be on their side and not get shot in the back.
I think when they killed that girl was a bit overkill like she's in the lead and then all of the clones start blasting the crap out of her. and that cone head like jedi took out a couple of clones also.

uber gon

Accept Change
If they were to have a mini battle for the few jedi shown the movie would have been going for way longer. they only shows Windu as he was a mina Jedi in the first 3 movies.
And in the end sure the Jedi didn't put up much of a fight as they were taken by surprise I guess seeing as the clones were ment to be on their side and not get shot in the back.
I think when they killed that girl was a bit overkill like she's in the lead and then all of the clones start blasting the crap out of her. and that cone head like jedi took out a couple of clones also.

Yeah, the Jedi girl really got me saying WTF?

horton hears a who:the kangaroo suddenly becomes friendly after the small clover was still alive.i find it somewhat wierd.

i am legend:the dog dies.i felt like crying.(i actually did)

The Sarge

look into my eyes...
This one little part at the end of Speed Racer

After Speed wins the Grand Prix, there is the kiss scene that we have been waiting for all movie. Then, right as it is happening, the fat kid (I forget his name, I didn't like him that much) and Chim Chim pop up and he gives a warning about cooties. Ruined that passionate moment for me.

o_O I'm disgusted by that.... but strangly I want to see that movie now....

Don't bother. I've seen the whole series and it's nothing more than a series of set pieces where they kill/torture/rape people different ways, with no storyline surrounding it. Penance (the latest one) attempted to be less full on but still failed to tell a story. Watch if you want to be shocked/disgusted (though apart from the toe curling moment where a guy cuts off his own 'part' with scissors, nothing got to me in the least), but don't watch it if you want to enjoy a film.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
This one little part at the end of Speed Racer
Yeah, that made me cringe. I know it was campy, I know it was PG, but that was the first time I had to turn over to a friend next to me and say, "Well, this is how you know you're watching a PG movie, I guess."