• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A never resolved mystery

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
There's something I have been thinking about lately. Do you remember when Ash got the Earth Badge in Kanto? Well, after that, the Viridian Gym was destroyed. Years later, it was reconstructed and Agatha took temporary the role of the Gym Leader while the new one was still preparing itself or something. Well, I assume that after that, Ash, Gary and the others told Officer Jenny (and authorities) that the Gym was controlled by the Team Rocket, since Ash had to battle Jessie to get the Earth Badge. We have to assume this caused problems to Giovanni because, being the Gym Leader by then, this caused that his cover was blown and he had to disappear from public.

So, my question is, who could be the new Leader of Viridian Gym. I have some options:
+ Giovanni managed to regain his role as Leader: Unlikely, but maybe he could use one of the best agents of Team Rocket as a way to keep the Gym under his control.
+ The Games' story: In the games, Blue (Gary) became the new Gym Leader. It's unlikely this will happen in the anime, considering Gary is now in the road of becoming the new "Professor Oak". But then, how about one of the other trainers from Pallet Town. Remember, there was Ash, Gary and other two trainers who started at Pallet Town at the beginning of the series. These other two were never seen again, but maybe one of them could have taken the role of the new Gym Leader of Viridian City. What do you think?
+ Johto's Elite Four: Unlike in the game, it seems the Elite Four and the Champion of Kanto and Johto are the same. That means the Champion of both Kanto and Johto is Lance, and the members of the Elite Four are Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and, potentially, Koga. That leaves us Karen and Will as never seen characters, but maybe on eof them could be the new Gym Leader. It's unlikely it would be Will, because that will give us two Gyms in Kanto with Psychic types (along with Sabrina). So, Karen will be more likely, although the Gym coudl pass from Ground Types to Sinister Types.

What do you think of this?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
To be honest, I think Gary should have been the new gym leader instead of becoming a researcher.
Has shudõ let Satoshi be closer to his Pokemon manga and game counterpart and let him beat Sakaki and beat Pokemon league and beat/catch mewtwo and have him head toward the mt.sliver at end of kanto arc then yes shigur should be new viridian gym leader during middle of the johto arc with kanta/Jimmy (gold) as new main story character.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In both the anime and the games, has it ever been officially established that Giovanni's not publicly the head of a giant crime organization? I know it's probably the case since why else would they allow him the job, but I don't think it's been stated

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
In both the anime and the games, has it ever been officially established that Giovanni's not publicly the head of a giant crime organization? I know it's probably the case since why else would they allow him the job, but I don't think it's been stated

Actually, in the games, I think Giovanni is known as the leader of the gang and the Viridian Gym Leader is the secret.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
We will never get to know about it. More important mysteries were never resolved due to plot change!

nickdt

Who doesn't physcially show up after gen 3 anymore.

Tracey is the new gym leader. Thats the easiest explaination for the writers to write him off.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The other two Pallet Town trainers never made it to the League, they're not gonna be the gym leader.