• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new Award System is now in place!

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I like the idea and the badges look nice. Though I doubt I'll get any of them.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Well, the scammer badge I can see as a BIG help but, two problems I can see with this. First, unless someone knows what these badges for it won't do any good. The 2nd being that, most won't get these badges even IF they deserve them. I say that simply because this would mean that unless you had a bunch BUNCH of people follow every user's post then you won't know who deserves the badge'(s) and those who don't. Most would go unnoticed/ignored because I really can't see a BUNCH of people having enough free time to read tons of posts made by the person to see if they deserve the badge which in turn kind of nulls the whole "badge" idea. (Not all but some, such as the traders badge) This is more so the case if we look at PMs/VMs and not just posts. lol Still, its a welcome change and I wish you all the best luck tracking down those posts/vms/pms. lol

We have the announcement here telling people what each badge stands for. Also, if you hover the badge, it gives you a description of what the badge is for. I also plan on updating the SPPf FAQ soon to include this announcement in there, which should give more resources to users who aren't aware of what the badges are for. I imagine that the trade staff will also update one of the stickies in the section with updated information about the badge system. They are currently working on a system to correctly implement this useful feature, so I expect you'll be seeing an update soon.

Last edited:

Canada

Banned
Neat idea. Awesome badges, thanks EmeraldGoblin~

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
If I mess up trading once due to miscalculation of a stat(s), will i be labeled as a scammer forever?

We need to distinguish between scammers and people who just don't know how to calculate/find sites to do the math for their Pokémon's EVs and IVs.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If I mess up trading once due to miscalculation of a stat(s), will i be labeled as a scammer forever?

We need to distinguish between scammers and people who just don't know how to calculate/find sites to do the math for their Pokémon's EVs and IVs.

Don't worry. From the description in the first post:

his badge will be given to people who have been caught scamming people multiple times. This is in order to protect other users from being scammed. Don't worry if you get it, though. If you can prove yourself trustworthy again, it will be removed.

So if something goes wrong and you get it by accident, it's not stuck there forever.

Peter Quill

star-lord

Psynergy is correct.

However another important thing to note is that the badges can be removed/added by will by any staff member. That means that if there's a slight mistake like that which happens we can end up removing it later with a simple few clicks of a button. That being said it'll follow the scamming protocol that we already use in the debate forum, so I don't think you need to worry about the trade staff screwing it up. We're pretty good at our jobs lol.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
This is a great idea! Thank you Serebii Staff and EmeraldGoblin! That obnoxious red sign makes it mighty easy to spot a scammer :)

I think this is a great concept. Especially for people who contribute a lot to the site.

Also, marking the accounts of scammers is a good idea. Although I wonder if you get it if you just trade one hacked pokémon. Sometimes you can't know yourself, for an instance, I've had this Dusknoir I traded from someone back in D/P and only found it out was a hack when pokémon bank didn't let it through. If I would've traded it without knowing it was hacked, would I get the scammer thingy as well? Or do people only get it when they're obviously scamming people?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I think this is a great concept. Especially for people who contribute a lot to the site.

Also, marking the accounts of scammers is a good idea. Although I wonder if you get it if you just trade one hacked pokémon. Sometimes you can't know yourself, for an instance, I've had this Dusknoir I traded from someone back in D/P and only found it out was a hack when pokémon bank didn't let it through. If I would've traded it without knowing it was hacked, would I get the scammer thingy as well? Or do people only get it when they're obviously scamming people?

The Scammer badge is only for multiple-offenders

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
This looks awesome but since I have bad dial up internet looks like I won't ever get some of these badges

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
These look interesting, but how will we know if we are eligible? I think that a nomination system should be put in place so that if someone is nominated by a different user, it goes to an admin who makes a note on their profile, and with 3 or so nominations, they get the badge. Of course, some badges should be automatically given, such as Former Site Staff or POTW Contributor. This could also apply to the scammer badge so that they could be easily found.

Expanding the number of badges, such as Guild Leader and Club Owner would also be great.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
These look interesting, but how will we know if we are eligible? I think that a nomination system should be put in place so that if someone is nominated by a different user, it goes to an admin who makes a note on their profile, and with 3 or so nominations, they get the badge. Of course, some badges should be automatically given, such as Former Site Staff or POTW Contributor. This could also apply to the scammer badge so that they could be easily found.

Expanding the number of badges, such as Guild Leader and Club Owner would also be great.

You won't know you're eligible until a staff gives you the badge. The idea behind this is the same as our moderation policies. If we have set checkpoints people need to meet the conditions, which are public, then people can easily fake it.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You won't know you're eligible until a staff gives you the badge. The idea behind this is the same as our moderation policies. If we have set checkpoints people need to meet the conditions, which are public, then people can easily fake it.

well this new reward system looks great serebii i like the idea it shows how much helpful someone is at there skill here on serebii but the best thing they deserve it :) and good to have conditions for these things as well so it should show some balance ;) as well as the scammer icon is a brilliant idea :)