• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Metagame...

windsong

WEST SIDE
OK, so, with Salamence getting banned, the metagame is pretty new to many people, especially those who didn't play suspect. These are just some questions about your opinion on the "new" meta, and the Salamence Council's judgement. I took these questions from Pimp on Marriland, so yeah, credit to him for them, I guess. And yeah, just post your answers to these questions.

1. Were you content with the Council's judgement on Salamence? Why or why not?

2. Do you think that Salamence deserved to be considered a Suspect?

3. With Mence gone, which Pokemon(s) can you see thriving in the new standard metagame?

4. Of the Pokemon that you think might thrive, which ones are from tiers other than OU and Ubers? Why do you believe this?

5. Did you like the judgment process? Why or why not? How would you change it?

6. What Pokemon do you think is the most menacing in this new metagame?

7. Who do you think should be considered Suspect next? Why or why not?

8. How was the banishment of Mence affected your team? How would you replace him should you continue to use your current team?

9. How do you feel about the possibility of stall being more successful in this environment? How would you deal with it?

10. If given the chance to change anything in the metagame, anything at all, what would you change?

Code:
[b]1. Were you content with the Council's judgement on Salamence? Why or why not?[/b]

[b]2. Do you think that Salamence deserved to be considered a Suspect?[/b]

[b]3. With Mence gone, which Pokemon(s) can you see thriving in the new standard metagame?[/b]

[b]4. Of the Pokemon that you think might thrive, which ones are from tiers other than OU and Ubers? Why do you believe this?[/b]

[b]5. Did you like the judgment process? Why or why not? How would you change it?[/b]

[b]6. What Pokemon do you think is the most menacing in this new metagame?[/b]

[b]7. Who do you think should be considered Suspect next? Why or why not?[/b]

[b]8. How was the banishment of Mence affected your team? How would you replace him should you continue to use your current team?[/b]

[b]9. How do you feel about the possibility of stall being more successful in this environment? How would you deal with it?[/b]

[b]10. If given the chance to change anything in the metagame, anything at all, what would you change?[/b]

Last edited:

Yes, I was pretty indifferent towards where it belonged as I could see it going either way but I did find the suspect metagame much more enjoyable.

Definately deserved to be simply because of how great MixMence alone was. DDMence probably wouldn't have been broken on its own, though the unpredictability between the two sets was what made it ban worthy imo.

3. With Mence gone, which Pokemon(s) can you see thriving in the new standard metagame?

Well if everything goes like it did in suspect we will see Fire, Water, and Grass, type cores everywhere as well as an increase in usage from Shaymin who actually has potential to become OU. Dragonite will likely join the top 10 in Mence's place though maybe not quite as high due to its lower speed/special attack. Flygon and Kingdra may also see a bit more action. Gengar and Rotom-A seemed to be everywhere as well. As for things going the other way Weavile might finally drop to UU where it can actually do some good (maybe getting banned to BL) and Scizor will have less significance as it won't need to revenge Mence, plus increase of Heatran is bad for it in general.

4. Of the Pokemon that you think might thrive, which ones are from tiers other than OU and Ubers? Why do you believe this?

Shaymin will rise likely, and while it may seem outclassed when compared to Celebi it actually has quite a bit to set it apart from it. I actually think it has enough to set it apart to deserve to make it to OU. Seed Flare is a more reliable STAB than Grass Knot, plus Shaymin lacks a Psychic typing, and while it doesn't resist Fighting like Celebi, it isn't Pursuit weak and it can blast Tyranitar which might try to attack it. It also has an easier time with Rotom-A as Seed Flare hits it harder than Grass Knot and it isn't weak against Shadow Ball. People might use Shaymin over Celebi to complete their FWG cores if they are trying to build a team around one.

Was fine by me.

Hard to say. Dragonite will definately be a threat though its lower stats mean it won't quite fill Mence's role perfectly. Infernape will become the prime wall breaker in place of MixMence easily though and Heatran will likely rise to dethrone Scizor for the first time since the release of Platinum.

There really isn't anything that strikes me as broken considering Dragonite is nowhere near Mence in my eyes and nothing really goes unchecked with Mence gone as all the things it checked had plenty of other checks, or Dragonite can check them. Breloom could actually be deadly as without Intimidate Dragonite can't check it as well plus it has few checks and reliable counters as is though it still won't be broken anytime soon (I hope.)

8. How was the banishment of Mence affected your team? How would you replace him should you continue to use your current team?

I actually retired my old team which had MixMence before it was banned, and posted an RMT here about a month ago, but my new teams haven't been affected much at all. I've been using the teams I used for Suspect in OU and they have worked well so far.

9. How do you feel about the possibility of stall being more successful in this environment? How would you deal with it?

Tbh I don't see it rising all too much as MixApe still deals with most stall teams really well. There are tons of wall breakers out there and Dragonite can pull off the same role as Mence (though with less scary Draco Meteors) especially considering how most stall teams are slow and Dragonite can outrun just about all the same things Mence did that were commonly used on them.

10. If given the chance to change anything in the metagame, anything at all, what would you change?

The only change I would want would be for the tiers to be based only on usage for somewhat experienced battlers, the only drawback being that there is no accurate way to go about this. You could go by rating though that would upset way too many players considering that some good players simply don't play enough to have a good rating. It would also water down the tiers and it would be based on the same few battlers and their preferrences every time unless some new people came along. Point is its a bit tiring to see over rated **** such as Electivire and Ninjask floating along the middle/bottom of OU.

Comments not bolded.

GR81

Not really. I can understand their reasoning to an extent but if Outrage on Mence is too overpowering then why was it only banned now and not a year and a half after first getting access to Outrage. If this was such a huge problem than surely it would have been addressed sooner which is why this seems like change for the sake of change to me.

No more than Jirachi or Breloom do. I feel they're both far more broken than Mence.

Infernape, Dragonite. I've also had a good amount of success with Magnezone recently.

Clefable and Milotic could both be incredibly useful now. With the best sweeper out of the way annoying walls with great abilities like Milotic and Clefable could find a regular home in OU.

I'm indifferent on this one. I'd just like to see more than 1 credible tier list so we're not forced to abide by everything smogon.

Probably Dragonite.

Breloom.

Hasn't made a difference to me. People hype up Mence's great type coverage but if you can out-predict Mence it's really not as threatening as the standard smogonite will lead you to believe.

I run more defensive teams myself so I'm fine with more stall.

Elimination of the BL tier and more pokes in OU. There's no reason for 10% of the OU tier to be Rotom formes which require cheat codes to be used online. I'd also like to see Evasion Clause actually be fully enforced and include moves such as Sand Attack, Muddy Water and Mud Slap.

. I'd also like to see Evasion Clause actually be fully enforced and include moves such as Sand Attack, Muddy Water and Mud Slap.

The difference between double team and sand attack is that you can switch out from the accuracy modifiers while with double team you can miss a roar and whatnot and it can still have all that evasion. (I actually don't know if you can since I've never tried it, just guessing you can)

GR81

The difference between double team and sand attack is that you can switch out from the accuracy modifiers while with double team you can miss a roar and whatnot and it can still have all that evasion. (I actually don't know if you can since I've never tried it, just guessing you can)

You can switch out and lose the accuracy drop but you may not have a safe switch and may have to take SR/Spikes damage upon switching in again. To me moves like Sand Attack are just as cheap as holding Brightpowder which actually IS banned thanks to No Hax Items clause.

The reason Mence wasn't being tested a year and a half ago is because they were still busy testing things such as Garchomp, Skymin, Lati@s, and Manaphy. They got around to Salamence afterwards. I fail to see how Jirachi and Breloom are anywhere near broken myself as they have perfectly good reliable counters that aren't uncommonly used like Cresselia. Heatran can counter just about any Jirachi and Celebi does the same to Breloom. They are perfectly manageable and it seems many people who think they are broken only want them out of the way because of how annoying Iron Head and Spore are. Also what purpose would abolishing BL serve? The only thing that would accomplish is unbalancing UU which would suck for UU players. Its only there for the same reason we have the Uber tier in the first place; to serve as a banlist for things too strong in OU, or in this case UU. Also Rotom forms are only all in OU because there usage is combined because they are the exact same pokemon in all regards excluding their special move. Extending the Evasion Clause to accuracy moves wouldn't hurt though considering no one ever uses them. (Why would anyone care when they aren't used anyway?)

GR81

I'm not objecting to Rotom forms being in OU. I just don't think they should make up 10% of the tier. Also with some pokes going straight from UU to OU (Umbreon, Roserade) and others going from UU to BL (Froslass, Raikou) I just think moving all the pokes that are deemed too powerful for UU to OU would make sense rather than just having 1 tier with like 10 pokes.

As for Rachi/Breloom; Loom is 100% broken. 100% sleep move, nice typing/resistances, toxic orb to block status and heal himself even in sandstorm. He's also got 32 runs of a 225 BP move with 394 Attack. He can switch in on any wall and land a free sleep/sub/punch and gain back all the health he lost with sub in just 2 turns.

windsong

WEST SIDE
I'm not objecting to Rotom forms being in OU. I just don't think they should make up 10% of the tier. Also with some pokes going straight from UU to OU (Umbreon, Roserade) and others going from UU to BL (Froslass, Raikou) I just think moving all the pokes that are deemed too powerful for UU to OU would make sense rather than just having 1 tier with like 10 pokes.

As for Rachi/Breloom; Loom is 100% broken. 100% sleep move, nice typing/resistances, toxic orb to block status and heal himself even in sandstorm. He's also got 32 runs of a 225 BP move with 394 Attack. He can switch in on any wall and land a free sleep/sub/punch and gain back all the health he lost with sub in just 2 turns.

BL Isn't a tier for god's sake. It's a banlist. Umbreon and Rade weren't necessarily broken in UU (though they kinda were, lol), they were simply used enough in OU to be moved, since OU is based on usage stats. Whereas Raikou and Frosslass weren't used enough in OU to go there, but were completely broken in UU.

And Rachi is in no way broken, and neither is Loom. The fact that you have an inability to deal with Loom simply says that you're a subpar teambuilder. And Loom and Rachi have checks that are completely solid, unlike Mence, who doesn't.

Typing and resistances don't mean anything with paper defenses. Hell a ScarfTar locked into SE isn't something a Breloom can easily switch into. Umbreon and Roserade moves straight to OU because of usage, Raikou and Froslass moves to BL because of how broken they were in the UU metagame.

Don't look at it as Rotom making up 10% of the tier...count it as one pokemon...Rotom-A just like everyone else does. Looking at all forms individually is pointless. Tiers are based mainly on usage. Roserade and Umbreon were used enough to make it to OU so away they went. Things like Raikou and Froslass were proven broken in UU through suspect tests. Sure they could be moved into OU, but without the useage they really don't deserve to go any higher than they need to be.

Stating Breloom's traits doesn't show how it is broken. Sure it has alot going for it, that is why it is OU after all. Just listing everything that makes it good doesn't show how it is broken in any way. Try comparing Breloom to these characteristics and see if you think it fits them in any (valid) way.

Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is Uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is Uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is Uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

jellsprout

I have mixed feelings about it. I was disappointed by the paragraphs submitted by the council members, non of them could give any objective reasons why Salamence would be overpowered and non of them could make clear how he fit the Characteristics of an Uber. There was no private discussion between them either, as was originally promised. This was just a simple vote of 9 people.
I don't really get the point of the council either. It is much simpler and faster to have every person with a CRE above 1650 or 1700 and a deviation below 45 automatically gain voting rights. They are obviously experienced enough to fully understand the metagame. And they might make their votes based on biased opinions, but everybody is biased. Even the council and the people who selected the council. A simple vote of the good battlers is the best and fastest way to get the opinion of the majority of the battlers who are actually affected, with little extra effort.
If they do stick with the council, they need to be more strict on the paragraphs. If they can't make clear how a Pokémon fits the Characteristics, the paragraph should be thrown away automatically. They should also get their own hidden board like Policy Review where they can discuss the suspect in private.

And they need to stop raping the Support Characteristic.
"A Pokémon is Uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep."
The key word here is consistently. There is nothing consistent about randomly firing off Draco Meteors and hoping it will hit something important. Unless you can point out what the specific situation is that Salamence consistantly sets up and for which specific Pokémon it gets substantially easier to sweep, the Characteristic isn't fulfilled.
As it is currently used, Infernape, Lucario, Tyranitar, Heatran, Magnezone, Scizor, Machamp, Dragonite, Kingdra and Flygon should also get banned. They might hurt the opposing team enough that something else is able to sweep. Tyranitar, Magnezone and Heatran especially, who actually are able to consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other Pokémon to sweep.

The process as it is now is just hypocritical, it is in complete contradiction with their own policies.

Unban Latios, Latias and Salamence, but ban Draco Meteor instead. Draco Meteor was the most important factor in the ban for all three. Without it, Latios and Latias can't nuke the opposing teams nearly as well and Salamence suddenly becomes counterable.

I have mixed feelings about it. I was disappointed by the paragraphs submitted by the council members, non of them could give any objective reasons why Salamence would be overpowered and non of them could make clear how he fit the Characteristics of an Uber. There was no private discussion between them either, as was originally promised. This was just a simple vote of 9 people.
I don't really get the point of the council either. It is much simpler and faster to have every person with a CRE above 1650 or 1700 and a deviation below 45 automatically gain voting rights. They are obviously experienced enough to fully understand the metagame. And they might make their votes based on biased opinions, but everybody is biased. Even the council and the people who selected the council. A simple vote of the good battlers is the best and fastest way to get the opinion of the majority of the battlers who are actually affected, with little extra effort.
If they do stick with the council, they need to be more strict on the paragraphs. If they can't make clear how a Pokémon fits the Characteristics, the paragraph should be thrown away automatically. They should also get their own hidden board like Policy Review where they can discuss the suspect in private.

And they need to stop raping the Support Characteristic.
"A Pokémon is Uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep."
The key word here is consistently. There is nothing consistent about randomly firing off Draco Meteors and hoping it will hit something important. Unless you can point out what the specific situation is that Salamence consistantly sets up and for which specific Pokémon it gets substantially easier to sweep, the Characteristic isn't fulfilled.
As it is currently used, Infernape, Lucario, Tyranitar, Heatran, Magnezone, Scizor, Machamp, Dragonite, Kingdra and Flygon should also get banned. They might hurt the opposing team enough that something else is able to sweep. Tyranitar, Magnezone and Heatran especially, who actually are able to consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other Pokémon to sweep.

The process as it is now is just hypocritical, it is in complete contradiction with their own policies.

Unban Latios, Latias and Salamence, but ban Draco Meteor instead. Draco Meteor was the most important factor in the ban for all three. Without it, Latios and Latias can't nuke the opposing teams nearly as well and Salamence suddenly becomes counterable.

You make a very interesting point about the council and I can kind of agree that it was pointless. All it they did is attempt to meet and discuss things but it was a one sided "discussion" which was unanimously uber. I use discussion loosely considering it was just a pointless copy and paste of short paragraphs on why it was Uber. One person did vote OU but it didn't really matter in the end. The biggest thing I disliked about the council was that it limited the amount of opinions in suspect and kind of screwed everyone else who participated out of an opportunity to voice their opinion. In the end I didn't participate quite as much in this round as normally I make it towards the top of the suspect leaderboard but this time I figured it would only be Smogon's vets who made it onto the council and I was right to a degree. It was only the vets and a few important trophy winners. As I said though I was fine by it as it wouldn't have likely changed the outcome. They were simply testing this council thing out and I can only hope they realize it wasn't any better than the normal voting process.

I also wouldn't be opposed to banning DM considering it is what makes all of those pokemon broken in the end. Kingdra might miss it but it can make due with Dragon Dance sets or just using Dragon Pulse for special STAB. It isn't really an essential move for any pokemon outside of Ubers at this point so it would be fine by me if it were tested. Don't think there is any time to run another test at this point but whatever...

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
not really, i dont see a reason for it to be banned because of its lackluster defensive, but i guess it doesnt affect me since i never use it

no

obviously dragonite.....possibly alteria defensivly, with garchomp banned flygon use rose, the same will hapen to d night

alteria might see a small bit of usage, but nothing big

i honestly dont know know how they come up with this, so no comment

a belly drummed max speed magikarp

noone really, i dont see any pokemon insanly overpowered

never used him so it doesnt do squat except make some of my pokemon have a semi useless ice move

if you knew how to stall mence wouldnt be a problem to begin with

only things i want to do involve giving pokemon moves

done with my answers

^
Salamence doesn't have lackluster defenses. Its defense is above average by the standards of a sweeper and on top of that it has Intimidate which is one of the best abilities in the game hands down because it presents the user with many opportunities to set up after weakening an enemies attacks. It also causes many things to switch out so it can nail them on the switch with Draco Meteor or some other appropriate attack. As for Altaria, how could it rise? Dragonite does have better defenses than Altaria. Sure Altaria has higher special defense but Dragonite has higher HP which makes it bulkier in the long run. Hell...Salamence has better defense than Altaria.

windsong

WEST SIDE
d0nut definitely has a point there. With Intimidate, Salamence can even function on full stall teams with ease, having a similar role to that of Gyarados on many stall teams; a buffer against Lucario and other hugely dangerous physical sweepers. Salamence also gets both Roost and Wish for reliable healing, the latter of which neither Dragonite nor Altaria gets.

Also, continuing, I personally am of the opinion that if you don't consider Salamence worthy to be a suspect, you don't know the metagame well enough. That's just my opinion, so whatever, lol.

And Jellsprout raises a very good point, imo. Going on with that, wasn't there a discussion about potentially abolishing the support clause that took place on Smogon recently?

Human Being

The only thing about the characteristics which is being discussed is how the Offensive and Defensive characteristics are not specific enough last time I checked. Salamence was definitely Uber, it didn't completely fit under the offensive characteristic even though it was primarily offensive, so the closest thing that fit Salamence's description was the support characteristic. Everything that does not really fit offensive or defensive characteristics is put into the support characteristic basically. The only characteristic I dislike is the defensive characteristic as there is not really anything that causes much trouble due to it being defensive, Blissey is very defensive and walls a large portion of the metagame and with Thunder Wave and Wish it can easily fit under the support characteristic as well, thing is that it is so primarily defensive that most offense can defeat Blissey. I would think that Deoxys-D should drop into OU because of this as well.

The defensive characteristic is fine as is I think. Theres nothing wrong with it simply because few things fit under it, after all it is very difficult for a pokemon to wall a significant portion of the metagame. Giratina, Lugia, and Deoxys-D are the only things which would likely reach this off the top of my head. Walling things takes time which presents many more opportunities for things to be stopped, in the case of Blissey (since you brought it up) it can only wall special attackers effectively. Even then special attackers have several means around Blissey such as Trick, Explosion, Substitute (in some cases,) or some powerful physical move. Blissey is way too easy to handle especially since a majority of OU can stop it without needing much support. I wouldn't oppose a Deoxys-D test though, its pretty much Cresselia with a really really big movepool...can't be that broken can it? Well maybe...if anything would stop it from dropping it would be its massive movepool which largely contributed to the banning of Deoxys-S, though this thing is much slower so it could be more manageable for Taunt users to shut it down. Theres only about a month and a half left til gen 5 anyway so I doubt any new tests will be run at this point.

Human Being

Wow I had a whole post before that didn't go through due to my internet connection for a while.

I'll just summarize my points now.

Lugia can be banned for all three characteristics. It has access to a great Calm Mind set, instant recovery and dual screens and can phaze. So it can easily be banned for all three characteristics and not necessarily just one.

Giratina is only a wall in Ubers because other pokemon can do what Giratina can do offensively so much better. In OU Giratina will most likely be a Calm Mind sweeper of some kind with Calm Mind / Draco Meteor / Shadow Ball / HP Fighting for perfect type coverage, and great STAB. It has base 100 Attack and SpA and a respectable base 90 Speed as well as amazing defenses, so it should have no trouble getting off a Calm Mind and doing some heavy damage. It can also run a set similar to Salamence with Shadow Ball HP Fighting Outrage and Draco Meteor.

Deoxys-D on the other hand even with max defense and HP it will get OHKOed by a +2 Crunch from SD Lucario after switching in twice to SR. Its offensive stats are mediocre and if something gets Taunt on it is useless. All in all Deoxys-D can not wall the metagame. It has to focus on either Defense or SpD and will take heavy hits from one or the other. Its base stats are not going to make much of a difference with only base 50 HP and it can not really focus much on speed either. It can be good in OU due to its ability to set up entry hazards, after that its use will not be too much, maybe a little bit in stall teams and even then it will not be the most used things.

Really we can only speculate whether or not Deoxys-D would be broken which is why I support a test. I honestly think it would be broken simply because it has the same movepool which got its faster counterpart banned. It can set up hazards very well and has several other support options. Taunt is really the only quick fix to stop it from breaking the support characteristic but not everything carries it, in fact many teams don't even carry it. Many teams that do have Taunt don't use it outside of their lead which means it definately has potential to be broken. In other areas it might not seem broken but if we just say "how bad could it be?" then we end up with what happened when Deoxys-S was dumped into the metagame without testing...that was a total shitstorm of Dual Screen leads which made offensive teams run rampant and there was little which could stop them when every sweeper no matter how fragile could survive any priority move without a problem because of the Dual Screen bonus. It often came down to a speed tie to determine who's Deoxys would go first and it often decided the match unless some insane hax/prediction occured later on which shifted the flow of the game. A test would be nice for Deoxys-D, but don't be surprised if things don't turn out as you seem to think it might.

Human Being

Well, I've seemed to be good at theorymonning for now. Theorymonned the team someone is going to use at worlds, helped him get it and now he is doing very well with it. He made it to the top 8 at Nationals, beating mattj in what was a really close game from looking at the video and mattj's warstory, so he is obviously quite good, and now with the new team he is doing very well in all the practice battles he has done with people. So my theorymonning skills have been proven to be quite good there.

Also the thing about Deoxys-D is that its stats are no where near as balanced overall as Deoxys-S. You can not really taunt Deoxys-S which would stop it, you can not trick an item to it safely either. Deoxys-D will be something that will be severely crippled by Trick and can not do much against pokemon which can set up once. Such as SD Lucario, Infernape, Gyarados (Especially Bulky DD Gyara which normally runs taunt and Gyara is getting a lot more usage). If it tries to be physically bulky it then gets hurt badly by special attacks.

A Sub Painsplit Gengar will do 73.7% - 87.5% to a 252 HP / 252 Def/ 0 SpD Deoxys-D. A +2 Crunch from SD Lucario will do 75% - 88.8% to the same set. U-Turn from physically based Infernape does 29.6% - 34.9%. U-Turn from Scarfed Flygon does 22.4% - 26.3%. U-Turn from CB Scizor 63.8% - 75.7%. Crunch from Scarfed Tyranitar 45.4% - 53.9%. Bulky DD Gyarados +1 Waterfall 30.9% - 36.8% and it can outspeed and taunt this Deoxys before a DD. Shadow Ball from Choice Scarfed Rotom-A 50% - 59.2%. Shadow Ball from Specs Jolteon 50.7% - 59.9%. It can hold its ground against Mixed attacking Dragonite, but if it is DD it can easily force you to spam Recover and you are just set up on.

This Deoxys can survive most of these attacks, but the only real chance it has would be to spam Recover for 16 turns as they can switch forcing you to waste PP and they can even more easily just set up on Deoxys. Deoxys-D can only get 1-3 layers of entry hazards before dying, while sometimes none. Deoxys can be a high risk high reward pokemon, it can let them set up and spell doom for you while if it works it can help your pokemon sweep better and PP stall their final pokemon, but in the end those weren't used too often with good reason, they are not worth it more often than not. Deoxys-D can do well in OU, not entirely walling, but being able to take a hit then being forced to Recover and having the chance to set up entry hazards, while it is not the greatest wall it would be a very useful one.