• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Mystery... Dungeon! (WARNING- This thread contains fakemon)

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
I REFUSE TO GIVE UP UNTIL I MAKE AN RP THAT IS POPULAR!!! Er, what I meant to say is that I'm glad this site has no limitations on how many roleplays I can make because now I can see what plots that my somewhat crazy mind comes up with are good, and what ones aren't. This is the roleplay I have put the most effort into, so I sure hope that this one works out. Please give me a chance people!

Introduction

So many years have passed, and nearly all of them have been the same. The year begins in the cold of winter when pokemon struggle to find food and keep warm, but soon the warm wind, the Chinook, brings the season of spring with flowers and new growth of both plants and young pokemon. From spring comes summer, the warm time of year when pokemon can relax and play in the sun and on the beaches. But then the cold fronts carry with them the first chills of fall and the trees shed their now flame-colored leaves for pokemon to play in, and fruits ripen ready for collecting beneath the beautiful harvest moon. From there, winter begins again, and pretty soon the year starts over again.

But who keeps these seasons running? Dialga, the master of time, has no control of these changes in climate, his home temporal tower simply regulates the time that flows in sinc with the seasons. The real pokemon who control these forces... well, that would be my rival Imperook, the godess who causes the chinook of spring, and myself. I am Auturial, the god who carries with him the power to cause cold fronts that change summer to fall. And so, every year it is I who begins the season of cold and darkness, the season of famine and dismay, and, I am proud of it. To me, winter and fall are the only seasons that should exist, however I know I cannot change this world, I cannot paralyze the planet myself, keeping it in eternal winter and night. I know this because another tried it not too long ago, Darkrai, but his plans were foiled just as mine would be. But perhaps, if we were to team up, work together, perhaps then our ultimate goal could be achieved. Even if we have to murder thousands of pokemon in the process.

A New Mystery... Dungeon!

This world is one where pokemon live, and only pokemon. In this world, no humans exist, although the pokmeon here have heard rumors of them, namely the stories of a pokemon on another land who was once a human. But here, in this region, things are normal. From the central plains and deserts, to the coastal mountains and numerous caverns and forests, this land truely holds a lot. And it holds many kinds of pokemon too, well over five hundred! These pokemon form small villages where they live their lives, or live in a more wild style in the odd places known as mystery dungeons. Others still create exploration teams which go out to find treasure, capture outlaws, and rescue those in need. And, what better place to learn how to be an explorer than the fameous Lucario's Exploration Academy?

That was you; a new or only moderately experienced explorer training and working hard under the guidence of Headmaster Lucario. Then, everything began to go wrong. It started with the criminals, their numbers began to increase. Then things got even wierder as cold fronts began blowing through the far-off places you explored- Lucario's Academy and the surrounding area were situated in a year-round snowfield -in the middle of the summer. Nights began to grow longer, and days began to shrink, yet no one could find the cause of these unbelieveable phenomenon. No one knew, but a horrible pokemon and his partner were shaping the world anew, into an endless wintry night, and since no one knew, no one was trying to stop them.

No one but you that is. As soon as the strange events occuring around the land became more prominent, Headmaster Lucario decided that all of the Academy's actions should go toward the cause of solving the mystries that plagued the land, and of course, helping the pokemon caught up in them. Every mission became a search for evidence, and most students were forced to take on up to five of them a day due to the plethora of problems surrounding the region. Things will soon become more and more intense as Darkrai recovers more of his memory with the help of the new antagonist Auturial, but can you tough it out and save the world?

Facilities
Lucario's Exploration Academy
To the north of relic town lies a large staircase that leads up to a frosty thicket of pine trees surrounding the large building that is Lucario's Exploration Academy. a small frozen pond sits in front of it and to the left [of someone approaching the building] of the stone path that connects the stariway to the front door. On the right side of the entry is a wide tree stump where a sentry is always posted in an effort to protect the academy. The building itself has a stoney base with a large door and two well-crafted lucario arms protruding from it on either side and forming hallways. atop this stone portion of the academy is what appears to be a lucario head with windows for eyes, built in much the same style as most other buildings made to look like pokemon.
Directly inside the academy is a large, dome-roofed room with three boards in it. The board on the left contains rescue requests, the one in the middle has information on treasure hunts, and the one on the right has wanted posters. Right behind these posters is a staircase that leads down directly to the Headmaster's chamber which is decorated with many papers, flyers, and maps as well as a classic nest-bed and a long desk with a few papers and 'apples for the teacher' scattered about it. Back up in the main room, you will find that on the right side of the room is a doorway that leads into one of the arm hallways. All along this are holes with ladders leading down into them- all of these are dorms for the students of the academy, and each room had a barrel of water, a few beds, and a small shelf. The last part of the academy is the left arm hallway. The 'paw' part of this hall is filled with food as a huge storage area, while a spiraling ladder leads down into the wide mess hall from the center of the hall. The mess hall consists of numerous, perpetually-lit candles and a long table with enough room to seat the entire academy.

Relic Town
Although small, Relic town is the largest civilization in this pokemon land. Because it is situated int the middle of the Northwestern Mountains and at a very high altitude, Relic town is almost always covered in a thick blanket of snow with a huge ice-skating rink in the town's center. Surrounding the ice rink are various shops and stalls that are virtually identical to those found in Treasure town on another landmass, with their respective shopkeepers. The only difference is 'Wolvereye's Shop of Mysterious Rarities' which is locates closest to the mountain cliff that marks the left side of the town and sells mainly items necessary for evolution. These items are very high priced, so pokemon need to save up in order to get them.

Frostbite Abyss
An enormous crack can be found in the cliff on the western side of relic town. This crack leads into a tall cavern with a deeb abyss riddled with ancient bridges and pathways that lead down. Despite its sinister and dangerous appearance and name, the Frostbite Abyss is one of the easiest dungeons to explore. The pokemon who can be found there are swinub, geodude, snorunt, and wombreeze [ground/ice]. Wombreeze are small tan wombat pokemon with ice-blue stripes that run along the top of their backs and along their sides. Wombreeze have very large bucked teeth and can use weak biting moves as well as tackle and magnitude. The ones that live in Frostbite Abyss cannot yet use ice-type moves.

More mystery dugeons will be added as the game progresses.

NPC's
Headmaster Lucario
The headmaster of Lucario's Exploration Academy. He is a fantastic explorer and an overall very intelligent pokemon who seems to know everything about everything. Lucario is fameous for his ability to solve the most confusing of mysteries as he is the pokemon equivalent of Sherlock Homes. He is very kind and supportive to the students of his academy.

Sentry Posiduana
Posiduana [water] is a large red lizard pokemon with long, cyan fins that run down his limbs and his back. He always carries a sharp-tipped golden trident. Posiduana is the strong silent type, and he takes his duty very seriously. If a pokemon that Posiduana doesn't recognize tries to get into the academy, Posiduana will block them with his trident and let that pokemon through only if he decides that they pass muster. If not, he shuns them away, and in the event that the pokemon forcefully tries to enter the building, Posiduana will shout in to the pokemon inside using a small openining in the wall next to the sentry log.

'Mama' Kangadaisy
Kangadaisy [grass/fighting] is a green-tinted kangaroo with a white belly and elegant, huge, bluish-white petals surrounding her hands like flowers. A crest of soft green grass extends from her forehead to the place between her shoulders. Kangadaisy has the job of taking care of the students, young or old, of the academy. She does this by cooking the meals, updating the boards, and running errands. Kangadaisy is known for being exceedingly compassionate and almost completely selfless.

Shopkeeper Wolvereye
Wolvereye [dark/ghost] is an evolved sableye, and is more humanoid than his prevolution with a long, silky tail. His entire belly is covered with bright gemstones that protect his softer areas, and the crystals that make up his eyes are much larger than that of a sableye and he has a longer snout filled with razor-sharp teeth. As the shopkeeper of Wolvereye's Shop of Mysterious Rarities, Wolvereye is always trying to convince someone into a purchase using advanced vocabulary. Because he likes to keep up his mysterious and creepy air, Wolvereye cackles after nearly every sentence. However, he is actually quite nice, especially to young pokmeon.

Playable Characters
Eevee- No description necessary.

Pikachu- No description necessary.

Riolu- [Requires a VERY good Su] No description necessary.

Any starter pokemon- No descriptions necessary.

Tishroom- [Grass] A tan humanoid with a flexible, reptile-like tail and a giant mushroom-top on its head. The top of the mushroom is green with large white spots.
SURPRISE! I actually have a picture for this one:
OP_806.png

Pyranda- [Fire] A red panda pokemon with a more redish color scheme than a real red panda. A crack in the fur and skin of this pokemon goes all the way down it's back and emits a dark cloud of smoke at random times. Pyrandas have unusually large ears.

Jelliqua- [Water] A blue humanoid without fingers and toes that has large red eyes. Jeliqua have a lighter shade of blue on their bellies and each one has a solid blue jellyfish on top of its head that is the size of it's head and that has tantacles dangling down into jelliqua's face as well as around the rest of this pokemon's head.

Helitom- Sorry, but I want this one. I will have my SU up by tomorrow, so you can referance that for info on this pokmon.

Bactrill- [Requires a VERY good Su][Poison Dark]A round, ovular green pokemon with plain black orbs for eyes and a small mouth with a single fang. They have six, short, insect-like legs that are a dark shade of green and leave a trail of green or yellow foam where ever they walk. Bactrill have the unusual ability to cause pokemon to catch colds or mild cases of the flu. They can also make pokemon sick to their stomachs.

Rules

1) Follow all the forum rulles, they are there for a reason.
2) Apparantly no one likes my plots... but if you do join, do your best to keep this thread alive please.
3) I... normally... don't take reservations. This time however, I'm in a good mood and will let you reserve.
4) I know I mentioned him a lot in the plot, but your character cannot know that Auturial is behind the strange events.
5) Not sure if this is a rule... but if you have any questions at all involving this Rp, which I'm sure you may considering that this is a made-up PMD region with fakemon inhabiting it, don't hesitate to ask them, mmm kay?
6) The most important rule ever written. Have fun or else you will be booted.

Name- Because you play as a pokemon, I will accept almost anything in this category.

Gender- If you are having trouble with this one, you may need 'the talk'.

Species- Review the list of playable characters above.

Appearance- I am going to force you to describe what the pokemon looks like even though I already know. For fakemon this will be difficult, but you can go off of my description as best you can and fill the rest up with details on appearance quirks that your character has and items of clothing (scarves and such) that they may or may not wear. Be creative!

Personality- What does your character act like when around others? Or even alone, perhaps they talk to themselves? Either way, I need you to fill out a section on your characters personality.

History- Here I would like you to include major events in your character's past, or even minor events if you want. You may need to refer to the 'facilities' spoiler above. However, I didn't include many places as they will be unlocked later, so you can be vague by saying that your character simple 'comes from a desert area' or something like that.

Moves, Level, Ability- I will allow three moves per character to start with, but you will certainly learn more as the game progresses. For fakemon characters, I don't provide a list of moves they can learn, so go wild with it, staying resonable though of course.
Also, I want you to include your character's level. This can be anywhere from five to twenty-five, so you are able to play as an older, more experienced pokemon which I can't say for any other PMD roleplay I've made or seen.
Finally, I need you to inclue your character's ability. Make sure that their species can have that ability, although for fakemon I will let you choose anything as long as I find it reasonable.

And that is my roleplay. Lets see if this one works. If it doesn't... well then I might give up, but I must warn you, I am a very persistant person!

GalladeX

Yay!

Name- Ryou

Gender- Male

Species- Treecko

Appearance- Ryou isn't a shiny Treecko or anything. He's a bit thinner and taller than the average Treecko. He wears a tattered brown cloak that reaches over his knees. It has a hood, which he rarely puts over his head. The cloak has pockets in which Ryou stores various things, namely food and items. Ryou has a bag, in which the strap goes over his chest, and the bag haangs at his side.

Personality- Ryou is a very quiet and reserved person- er Pokemon. He enjoys being by himself, and, thus, doesn't like being around people. As of previous events, he became antisocial and lonely, rarely letting anyone get close as he thinks it could backfire. Ryou, in addition to be quiet, can have a cold side as well. This helps him, while not gaining him any popularity, be a master strategist, capable of making complex plans.

History- Ryou never really knew who his parents were. They deemed him weak and left him at a small desert encapment at a young age. Here he befriends an Anorith and Trapinch, named Ayame and Daichi. He was having a relatively good time. When he became older, he got a job that he was proud of- an ambassador between the encapment and another town. He not only relayed messangers, but he attended important meetings between the mayor. He thought the two towns would have a prosperous relationship. He was wrong. The desert encapment was attacked a couple days after a meeting. His friend Ayame was captured, and Daichi was captured soonafter. Ryou, along with a few select others, made it out of the town.

Knowing he couldn't go to the town he stumbled around for days, eating only cactuses, which gave him food poisoning. Knowing he would die anyway, he decided to sleep. Too bad the food poisoning gave him terrible insomnia. He kept stumbling forward. Ryou was at the end, and he knew it. He fell down a sand dune and hit something. A rock, no. Too soft. More sand, no. Too hard. He weakly looked up and saw---
Headmaster Lucario!

Lucario took him in, and Ryou worked his butt of in gratitude. He becomes a successful student, and is one of the strongest at the academy. He becomes the premier strategist for organizing missions.

Moves*, Level, Ability- Ryou's repoitrore of moves include Energy Ball, Grasswhistle, and Rock Slide. He is at level 19 currently. His ability is Overgrow, which increases his Grass-type moves.

* I was thinking, since he is like, a senior member, that he has three shown moves to start with, and then demonstrates more after.