• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new OU team

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Hey there guys, today I would like to introduce you to my new OU team. Team Feathers was a great success, but using the same gets kind of boring, so that's when I decided to make a new team. Since I had no real idea of what I was trying to accomplish, I started from scratch and went from there. After several, several battles, my team became more and more refined. And thus this team was born.

At a Glance
94.png
227s.png
479wash.png
380s.png
398s.png
448.png

In Detail

Gengar_by_Leliea.jpg

Gengar [Casper] @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt/Pain Split​

Base 130 Special Attack, coupled with 110 Speed. If you can get around his mediocre defenses, and the fact that he has to use Focus Blast to take down threats, then you have a great special sweeper in your hands. Casper came around into this team when I realized that I could benefit from a spinblocker. He immediately found a place in my team. Shadow Ball is Gengar's best STAB move, getting better coverage than Sludge Bomb, and pairs up with Focus Blast for perfect neutral coverage. Substitute scouts for any crippling Thunder Waves and the opponent's switch-in. It can also scare my opponent into thinking its a Sub-Disable variant. Thunderbolt is somewhat of a filler, but I'm considering replacing it with Telekinesis, which can help with Focus Blast shaky accuracy.

Shiny-Skarmory-superskarmory-productions-24129455-483-467.png

Skarmory [Feathers] @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
Impish Nature

Moves
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost​

In this team's early days, Skarmory was replaced by Forretress, which did that same thing; set up Rocks and Spikes. But I was disenchanted by Forretress' performance and looked for a better hazard setter. Seeing how well Skarmory worked on my other team, I decided to put him on this one as well. Skarm's two main selling points to me were Roost and Whirlwind. I lost a spinner, but it didn't matter, because the majority of my team is immune to Spikes anyways. Anyways, Skarmory's role in this team is rather simple: set up hazards, wall, and phaze. It he does that to great effect. He is easy Taunt bait, but as long as I get Stealth Rocks up, it doesn't matter. And with the Shed Shell, Skarmory laughs at Magnezone's pathetic attempts to trap it.

wash_rotom_by_battlemaster00-d30n1xm.jpg

Rotom-Wash [OxyClean] @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Spd
Modest Nature

Moves
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp
Hidden Power [Grass]​

At one point, this place was taken by a Lanturn. But sadly, Lanturn didn't really live up my expectations. So I turned to this possessed washing machine. I ran a Specs set for a while, but switched to a bulkier set because Rotom has pretty decent defenses. Hydro Pump is pretty much a mandatory move for Wash Rotom, and a very powerful STAB attack. Volt Switch over Thundebolt because, it turns Rotom into a great defensive pivot, allowing to get a switch advantage most of the time. Will-o-Wisp renders several physical attackers useless. I chose Hidden Power Grass over Fire because Gastrodon is a major problem for this guy.

shiny_Latias_by_Nightsangel666.jpg

Latias [Bianca] @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Roar​

Before Latias, I had a Specs Hydreigon as my Dragon sweeper. But Latias' natural bulk and instant recovery moves attracted me. So I replaced Hydreigon just like that. With Calm Mind, Latias is able to hit like a truck, even with out investment. Dragon Pulse is the STAB of choice because Draco Meteor would just get rid of my boosts. Recover obviously recovers my health. Now for the last slot, I'm a bit indecisive. Roar works well with Skarmory's hazards (if I have any). But with Hidden Power Fighting, I would perfect neutral coverage, and prevent things like Heatran and Ferrothorn from walling me. A little help deciding would be greatly appreciated.

OB000091_Rukario.png

Lucario[Star Fox] @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Swords Dance
High Jump Kick Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch​

I originally started with a Nasty Plot Lucario, but after the changes I made over time, I noticed that Blissey and Chansey would have no problem walling my team until the end of time. So changed to a physical Lucario. Swords Dance turns Lucario into a deadly sweeper, skyrocketing his stellar attack. I chose High Jump Kick over Close Combat for two reasons: 1) HJK higher BAse Power, which is not much, but it could come in handy, and 2) no defense drops. Of course it's not completely perfect, 90 accuracy and heavy recoil if I miss. Extreme Speed is great at finishing off weakened opponents, especially now that ES gets +2 priority. And Crunch finishes the coverage by taking out Ghosts and Psychics.

398.png

Staraptor [Prez] @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Moves
Brave Bird
Double Edge
Close Combat
U-Turn​

What do get when you give a Reckless Staraptor a Choice Scarf? A pretty decent revenge killer. This set may not have the raw power of the Choice Band set, but it works well enough to get some surprise KO's. Brave Bird and Double Edge deal insane damage with the Reckless boost. Double-Edge's main purpose is to OHKO Wash Rotom and the occasional Zapdos. Close Combat deals with Tyranitar and Steels. U-turn is used as a scouting measure and it pairs up well with Rotom's Volt Switch, although its not as great as with Scizor :p

And there you have it. I know this team still needs a LOT of help. I'm open to any suggestions (I know there will be plenty). Thank you for taking your time to read this.

And now let the ratings begin!

Last edited:

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Suggestions in bold.
Hey there guys, today I would like to introduce you to my new OU team. Team Feathers was a great success, but using the same gets kind of boring, so that's when I decided to make a new team. Since I had no real idea of what I was trying to accomplish, I started from scratch and went from there. After several, several battles, my team became more and more refined. And thus this team was born.

At a Glance
94.png
227s.png
479wash.png
380s.png
398s.png
448.png

In Detail

Gengar_by_Leliea.jpg

Timid Nature

Moves
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt/Telekinesis(Thunderbolt.)

Base 130 Special Attack, coupled with 110 Speed. If you can get around his mediocre defenses, and the fact that he has to use Focus Blast to take down threats, then you have a great special sweeper in your hands. Casper came around into this team when I realized that I could benefit from a spinblocker. He immediately found a place in my team. Shadow Ball is Gengar's best STAB move, getting better coverage than Sludge Bomb, and pairs up with Focus Blast for perfect neutral coverage. Substitute scouts for any crippling Thunder Waves and the opponent's switch-in. It can also scare my opponent into thinking its a Sub-Disable variant. Thunderbolt is somewhat of a filler, but I'm considering replacing it with Telekinesis, which can help with Focus Blast shaky accuracy.

Skarmory [Feathers] @ Shed Shell (I'd actually use Leftovers.)
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def
Impish Nature

Moves
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost​

In this team's early days, Skarmory was replaced by Forretress, which did that same thing; set up Rocks and Spikes. But I was disenchanted by Forretress' performance and looked for a better hazard setter. Seeing how well Skarmory worked on my other team, I decided to put him on this one as well. Skarm's two main selling points to me were Roost and Whirlwind. I lost a spinner, but it didn't matter, because the majority of my team is immune to Spikes anyways. Anyways, Skarmory's role in this team is rather simple: set up hazards, wall, and phaze. It he does that to great effect. He is easy Taunt bait, but as long as I get Stealth Rocks up, it doesn't matter. And with the Shed Shell, Skarmory laughs at Magnezone's pathetic attempts to trap it.

Modest Nature

Moves
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp
Hidden Power [Grass(HP Ice > HP Grass.)]​

At one point, this place was taken by a Lanturn. But sadly, Lanturn didn't really live up my expectations. So I turned to this possessed washing machine. I ran a Specs set for a while, but switched to a bulkier set because Rotom has pretty decent defenses. Hydro Pump is pretty much a mandatory move for Wash Rotom, and a very powerful STAB attack. Volt Switch over Thundebolt because, it turns Rotom into a great defensive pivot, allowing to get a switch advantage most of the time. Will-o-Wisp renders several physical attackers useless. I chose Hidden Power Grass over Fire because Gastrodon is a major problem for this guy.

Timid Nature

Moves
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Roar/Hidden Power[Fighting(Roar. HP Fighting isn't that good on a Psychic-type.)]​
Before Latias, I had a Specs Hydreigon as my Dragon sweeper. But Latias' natural bulk and instant recovery moves attracted me. So I replaced Hydreigon just like that. With Calm Mind, Latias is able to hit like a truck, even with out investment. Dragon Pulse is the STAB of choice because Draco Meteor would just get rid of my boosts. Recover obviously recovers my health. Now for the last slot, I'm a bit indecisive. Roar works well with Skarmory's hazards (if I have any). But with Hidden Power Fighting, I would perfect neutral coverage, and prevent things like Heatran and Ferrothorn from walling me. A little help deciding would be greatly appreciated.

OB000091_Rukario.png

4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Swords Dance
High Jump Kick (It's named Hi Jump Kick, and I'd suggest Close Combat. Should Hi Jump Kick miss, you're in trouble.)
Extreme Speed
Crunch​

I originally started with a Nasty Plot Lucario, but after the changes I made over time, I noticed that Blissey and Chansey would have no problem walling my team until the end of time. So changed to a physical Lucario. Swords Dance turns Lucario into a deadly sweeper, skyrocketing his stellar attack. I chose High Jump Kick over Close Combat for two reasons: 1) HJK higher BAse Power, which is not much, but it could come in handy, and 2) no defense drops. Of course it's not completely perfect, 90 accuracy and heavy recoil if I miss. Extreme Speed is great at finishing off weakened opponents, especially now that ES gets +2 priority. And Crunch finishes the coverage by taking out Ghosts and Psychics.

398.png

4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Moves
Brave Bird
Double Edge (Return > Double-Edge.)
Close Combat
U-Turn​

What do get when you give a Reckless Staraptor a Choice Scarf? A pretty decent revenge killer. This set may not have the raw power of the Choice Band set, but it works well enough to get some surprise KO's. Brave Bird and Double Edge deal insane damage with the Reckless boost. Double-Edge's main purpose is to OHKO Wash Rotom and the occasional Zapdos. Close Combat deals with Tyranitar and Steels. U-turn is used as a scouting measure and it pairs up well with Rotom's Volt Switch, although its not as great as with Scizor :p

And there you have it. I know this team still needs a LOT of help. I'm open to any suggestions (I know there will be plenty). Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Usatoday

Eternal God

At a Glance
94.png
227s.png
479wash.png
380s.png
398s.png
448.png

In Detail

Gengar_by_Leliea.jpg

Timid Nature

Moves
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt/Telekinesis​
Not a bad idea but maybe pain split and life orb

Skarmory [Feathers] @ Shed Shell
252 HP/ 4 SDef you don't have any attacks/ 252 Def
Impish Nature

Moves
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost​

Modest Nature

Moves
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp
Hidden Power [Grass]​

Timid Nature

Moves
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Roar/Hidden Power[Fighting]​
I would go fire over fighting

OB000091_Rukario.png

4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Swords Dance
High Jump Kick
Extreme Speed
Crunch​

398.png

4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Moves
Brave Bird
Double Edge
Close Combat
U-Turn​

Very well built just beware of volturn teams.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
@UbersSuck20. i'm keepping the shed shell. having the ability to switch out on magnezone makes up for no hp recovery imo. HP grass helps me deal with gastrodon, which walls the hell out rotom. but yeah, i might switch back to close combat on lucario. and double-edge is better than return because it gets the reckless boost.

@UsaToday. replace thunderbolt with pain split? i'll give a try and see how it goes.

@hades666 i think you mean skarmory laughs at magnezone's thunderbolt. i can switch out from its magnetic grasp with the shed shell

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
no if skarmory takes like 50 percent of damage from my gengar's thunderbolt imagine a stab thunderbolt from magnezone maybe ko it

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
no if skarmory takes like 50 percent of damage from my gengar's thunderbolt imagine a stab thunderbolt from magnezone maybe ko it

But skarmory can switch out which is what he was implying.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
I suggest making Rotom-W into the scarf variant, Smackdown Landorus(Smack Down/HP Ice/U-turn/Earthquake) kinda ruins this team.

Well i don't want two Scarf users on my team. As for Smack Down Landorus, I have yet to see one. Thanks for the input though.