• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new series from the makers of FAMILY GUY

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Not if its South Park or Family Guys

Cartman gets what he deserves most of the time, and he's the only character on South Park that will consistently use racist remarks.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
And Mr. Garrison has gone back to his gay bashing, right?

Not really, he hasn't had an episode about himself since the one where he was turned back into a guy. But from the beginning he was shown as a self-hating gay man. And I believe the last episode of him hating gay people had him failing in banning gay marriage in Colorado.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Not really, he hasn't had an episode about himself since the one where he was turned back into a guy. But from the beginning he was shown as a self-hating gay man. And I believe the last episode of him hating gay people had him failing in banning gay marriage in Colorado.

So I'm assuming he's back to being a man now?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
So I'm assuming he's back to being a man now?

"Eek! A Penis!"'s entire primary plot was about Mrs. Garrison paying to implant her own cells into a lab mouse to have an extra appendage grow on it, but it escaped. Wild goose chase ensues, complete with the old gag of woman jumping on chairs and lifting their skirts when they saw the mouse. It was eventually captured, and Mrs. Garrison had her sex changed back into a male.

Most likely, however, Homer was proven wrong.

Just because a show has a racist character doesn't mean it's racist, in fact often they end up learning their lesson or punished for being racist.

That's true, though the point I was trying to show was that the Simpsons wasn't completely "clean" of racism and such, and that it was indeed involved.

Also, it seems this thread has gone way off topic to basically what should be in the Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park thread...

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
That's true, though the point I was trying to show was that the Simpsons wasn't completely "clean" of racism and such, and that it was indeed involved.
Tackling an ethnic issue doesn't mean a show equates to "racism", though, especially if it's used to make a point. A stereotype like Apu wouldn't be racist, either, as it in itself pokes fun at the stereotype. I think South Park is the same way in many cases, actually. Even the episode "With Apologies to Jessie Jackson", which I believe is the most potentially offensive episode I've seen of the series (seen maybe half of them), made some strong statements.

If anything, I think people are too concerned about others pulling the race card. The problem with Seth MacFarlane's ethnic jokes is not that they're offensive. The problem is that they just aren't funny.

As for this new series that everybody already b*tched about months ago when first announced, count me in on the "MacFarlane-is-still-trying-and-people-are-actually-following?" bandwagon.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Seems this thread has turned into a "bash McFarlane and to a slightly lesser extent, The Simpsons" thread rather than actually discussing the Cleveland spin-off. -__-

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Seems this thread has turned into a "bash McFarlane and to a slightly lesser extent, The Simpsons" thread rather than actually discussing the Cleveland spin-off. -__-

OK, then:

Simply put, the Cleveland show looks like crap, the bear-like neighbors remind me of Rocko's Modern Life, and the other family reminds me of Doug.

I can see that Macfarlane is trying to make money here, but this is definitely not the way to get it. They should get some sort of private survey (so that people won't be lying about how good it looks) to detect its crappyness.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Are we certain that that fat kid is Cleveland Jr.? When was the last time he appeared out of hammerspace, a few years ago?