• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Show! The Team Rocket Undercover Kingdom Radio!! (1195)

Risrhayne

Having watched with subs, similar to Dawn’s frequent returns, this episode felt like a poorly-made ad disguised as an episode where it’s really there to advertise something. But unlike Dawn’s returns which promoted games released worldwide, this was for a radio show that the vast majority of the world doesn’t have access to or at least, are welcome to watch. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the English dub skipped this one, like those hour-long recap specials we get from time to time.

Honestly, this episode just made me feel bad. TR has always shined best when they had other things going on beyond stealing Pokémon. Jessie really got to shine this episode showing off how much of an actress she is and perhaps reminding us of the days she was a coordinator and performer which I absolutely freaking miss. This episode just reminds me of what we’ve lost with TR, even if I wished what they did today didn’t rely on me living in Japan to really appreciate.

All I can say is I hope the next region gives TR something to do again. Maybe flip it and have James be the one with contest sub-plot.

Also, don’t mind THIS Rocketshipper, I’m just gonna take those screenshots of James with the Premier ball and edit a wedding ring into it because I certainly don’t have to edit BLUSH LINES onto their faces since the anime did it fooooor meee oh em geeeez

Next week continues the trend of returns with everyone’s favorite doggo who mysteriously vanished; Yamper of course! Which doggo did you think I was talking about?

DatsRight

Honestly, this episode just made me feel bad. TR has always shined best when they had other things going on beyond stealing Pokémon. Jessie really got to shine this episode showing off how much of an actress she is and perhaps reminding us of the days she was a coordinator and performer which I absolutely freaking miss. This episode just reminds me of what we’ve lost with TR, even if I wished what they did today didn’t rely on me living in Japan to really appreciate.

All I can say is I hope the next region gives TR something to do again. Maybe flip it and have James be the one with contest sub-plot.
Is the radio show still ongoing though? I know they did some radio performances during the OS and BW eras but not sure if it's ongoing.

(Really this episode leaves me convinced that if TR ever DO get a final happy ending in the show, it will be as performers of some sort, it is the one talent of their's built up long term from series to series, and this episode makes it a point that they actually know how to hone in and market their talents properly, to the point it actually eclipses their usual fanaticism for TR and Giovanni.)

Either way though, yeah, I hope they get SOMETHING ongoing next series. I'm truthfully hoping if contests are becoming a thing again then Jessie will get another turn in the limelight.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
This episode was definitely for long-time adult fans, and it's hilarious. I love the shoutouts and continuity references, including a small Brock cameo and a Cilan reference. The 4th-wall breaking for the commercial break and to scold the narrator for talking over them were probably my favorite parts of the episode.

I'm not normally a fan of Team Rocket because they've been overused over the show's 25 years and appear in episodes where they didn't add anything. TR focus episodes, like this one and the Butch and Cassidy one (and their actual character arcs like Jessie's Contest/Showcases and their SM appearances), are a great change of pace and really highlight how awesome these characters can be when used right.

I really hope this one gets dubbed because I think some of the humor is lost when reading it through subs.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
So that Darkrai-induced nightmare came true, and Sakuragi and Renji became part of Team Rocket.

Honestly, I was originally going to skip this episode, since it's Team Rocket and they kind of suck nowadays. I only tuned in because I just got out of the hospital and wanted something mellow to watch. But the TRio were funniest they've been since that one episode of XY, where they cosplayed as the twerps to cause trouble.

It was nice seeing how much work they put into their show. I loved the insight the Professor and Renji had about listening to the radio. Brock was hilarious. The fourth wall breaks were on-point. It was such a good episode all-around.

My biggest complaint is that I felt they could have put more effort into showing them build an audience. Like I get they don't have enough time for everything, and we at least know that they slowly improved over time, with each episode. But I'd have liked to see them talk about advertisement beyond merch and prizes.

If anyone wants to see more stuff about working behind-the-scenes of a radio program, I recommend watching or reading Wave! Listen to Me! It's about a woman who gets scouted as a radio show host after her drunken rants get put on the air.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
After watching the sub , Anyone realize that the last Message that TR going to read at the end of the episode could be from Cilan

And there we got Brock who Have crush on Jessie Voice on radio haha

The episode is so fun to watch , The hint of each sender is so obvious , TR didn’t realize they unintentionally support our MC

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I enjoyed this episode. I always enjoy a silly TRio episode. Loved hearing from Brock and the surprise Dento message at the end!

And Renji and Professor Sakuragi discovering they both watch the same radio show and showing off their memorabilia was relatable. They were fun.

Pointless episode but it felt warm and cozy.

BobbbidyBob

This episode was HILARIOUS! I wonder if Sakuragi really did become a pokemon professor so koharu would pay attention to him hahaha the cameos were a surprise, overall this really made me laugh..poor narrator though

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I love radio and I love Team Rocket

10/10

I would listen a Rocket podcast, if I understand anything or if they stopped screaming.

Why not a True Crime Rocket Podcast?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Very strange episode, with an extremely random Brock cameo and even a little Cilan reference at the end. Makes sense that they’d be the ones interested in a radio show; the lonely heart and the connoisseur of everything. I’ll laugh if that single throwaway line is the only mention of Cilan that we get for the rest of JN after almost everyone got an appearance in either the flesh or flashback form..

So sad that Cerise had to ask advice on how to get Chloe’s attention now that she’s giving all of hers to Eevee. Hopefully she remembers to give some of her love back to her family and Yamper too..

nuzamaki90

Is the radio show still ongoing though? I know they did some radio performances during the OS and BW eras but not sure if it's ongoing.

(Really this episode leaves me convinced that if TR ever DO get a final happy ending in the show, it will be as performers of some sort, it is the one talent of their's built up long term from series to series, and this episode makes it a point that they actually know how to hone in and market their talents properly, to the point it actually eclipses their usual fanaticism for TR and Giovanni.)

Either way though, yeah, I hope they get SOMETHING ongoing next series. I'm truthfully hoping if contests are becoming a thing again then Jessie will get another turn in the limelight.
The radio show ended back in BW but it was very popular and the neat thing about this episode was that the social media account noted if the episode was popular enough, the anime team would consider bringing back Rocket Radio. To the absolute surprise of no one, this episode was very well received over in Japan, and was trending on Twitter nearly the entire day.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
After watching the sub , Anyone realize that the last Message that TR going to read at the end of the episode could be from Cilan
•”Radio Sommelier”
•Go has his own Galarian Grass monkey and avoided Yanappu but got Baoppu/Hiyappu.
•Writers somewhat pointed this out via imagery in Tairetsu episode.

Dent possibly incoming, rad sauce if true.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The radio show ended back in BW but it was very popular and the neat thing about this episode was that the social media account noted if the episode was popular enough, the anime team would consider bringing back Rocket Radio. To the absolute surprise of no one, this episode was very well received over in Japan, and was trending on Twitter nearly the entire day.
I feel like this should really solidify that Team Rocket is never going anywhere (and by that, Ash too since Team Rocket without Ash would feel a bit weird). Contrary to what some think, Team Rocket are actually that big of a deal in Japan. They like their idiotic villains and when they changed their personalities to more of a serious on in BW, they understandably got upset. From what I've seen, Team Rocket could be treated better in Journeys, especially after SM managed to breathe some fresh life into them while retaining their familiar selves, but at least they haven't gone the early BW route again which would upset their fanbase (which again, yes, is actually very huge).

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
I'm still not over the episode airing a week AFTER TR's 25th anniversary, but hey ho. Anywho, given TR Radio was a thing like a decade ago, I'm not too surprised that this was trending on Twitter in Japan. I do hope they give Cursola proper representation at some point in the future as its screentime was only 4 seconds (yes I counted), which was less than Araquanid in its debut episode, who had 17 seconds in that episode (and a total of less than 30 seconds in SM as a whole), and on the subject of screentime, Ash barely had more screentime than Brock, and I was surprised to see him appear in the episode at all, listening to TR's radio show, obviously not knowing that he's essentially idolising Jessie, much like how TR is instilling their support for the twerps (Ash and Go). One thing I completely glossed over was at the end when the Narrator was going to read a message from a listener known as "The Radio Sommelier", it didn't occur to me that this is likely referring to Cilan, and whilst I'm on that tangent, the names that the listeners are referring to themselves as are rather obvious "Nervouscoise" (Francoise), "Daddy's a Lonely Ball Lately" (Sakuragi), "The Strong Rugged Rock Man" (Brock), though Sakuragi's listener name , I wouldn't have thought that he's been garnering less attention from Koharu as of late. Despite it being filler, it was still a fun episode, between the fourth all breaking, I especially enjoyed the fourth all break at the end when TR gave the Narrator the sheet and mic to read from, in addition to the random segments throughout, all in all you'd have been forgiven for forgetting that the point was to recruit new TR members towards the end of the episode, something that Giovanni didn't forget as he scolded them.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally got to watch this episode.
+TRio’s radio show naturally obstructing the narrator for the opening/outro was cute.
+This episode really cemented Jessie as my favorite member of TR. Episode wouldn’t have been nearly as entertaining without her passion. Shoutout to James for using his established hobbies of collecting bottlecaps & Pokéballs as prizes for the show.
+Cute pseudonyms from the cast.
+Surprise reference from Brock and reference to Cilan that were naturally integrated into the episode without taking away the spotlight from TRio. Hope that’s setting up returns for them.

While this episode was filler, it was still nice as a way to celebrate the anime’s oldest veterans aside from Ash & Pikachu. I’ve always been a moderate fan of TRio but this reminds me of other episodes when they got to express themselves without being obvious and sometimes forced conflict which are often some of my favorite episodes. Wish they had more celebrating their legacy like acknowledging their old Pokémon. 10/10 and easily my favorite TRio Journeys episode