• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Show! The Team Rocket Undercover Kingdom Radio!! (1195)

Falconmaroni

Sometimes it's forgotten that after Ash and Team Rocket, Brock is the character that's been around the most, so it's only natural he got that "celebration" nod. Considering how this episode was built, It's possible Yuji Ueda himself suggested the cameo.
It's also because Brock's VA also voices Wobbufett, I imagine. So it was a nod.

DatsRight

+This episode really cemented Jessie as my favorite member of TR. Episode wouldn’t have been nearly as entertaining without her passion. Shoutout to James for using his established hobbies of collecting bottlecaps & Pokéballs as prizes for the show.
Yeah something I've noticed about Journeys that I maybe should have put into my previous analysis is that we seem to get a more erudite Jessie this series. She thinks up the plan against Matori when she tries to double cross them, she spearheads making peace with Biff and Cassidy after their retirement, and here she's actually the one motivating a proper energy out of the others (if part because she'll steal the show if they don't XD).

It's actually a nice change for Jessie who in the past was often portrayed as a pompous ditz, while in Journeys, while that still is true to some degree (wouldn't be Jessie if she wasn't), she does act the role of a leader more often.

It's quite satisfying see TR's past experiences actually pay off and for them to be intrinsically competent in something.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something else I forgot to mention is how TRio is in full support of Ash & Go’s dreams. Part of me feels like they were fully aware of who these two friends were and they had a moment of genuineness in their support for the twerps. After all they’ve known Ash longer than 99% of the cast. Always love when villains have moments of humanity like that.
Yeah something I've noticed about Journeys that I maybe should have put into my previous analysis is that we seem to get a more erudite Jessie this series. She thinks up the plan against Matori when she tries to double cross them, she spearheads making peace with Biff and Cassidy after their retirement, and here she's actually the one motivating a proper energy out of the others (if part because she'll steal the show if they don't XD).

It's actually a nice change for Jessie who in the past was often portrayed as a pompous ditz, while in Journeys, while that still is true to some degree (wouldn't be Jessie if she wasn't), she does act the role of a leader more often.

It's quite satisfying see TR's past experiences actually pay off and for them to be intrinsically competent in something.
She’s always been the defacto leader but overtime she takes more time to genuinely understand her teammates and what gets them motivated. She’s still prone to only focusing on herself and isn’t a flawless leader but she genuinely does want the best for them. It’s a subtle and often overlooked aspect of her character.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
>Not an essay time.
>Proceeds to post an unreadable wall of text.

Not mocking you, but people seriously need to type in a way that's comprehensible, if for the sole reason of making it readable to oneself.
As a Yugioh player, I'm hardwired to write a long-ass paragraph considering how long some card effect texts are, and it's a common trope in the Yugioh community that some people struggle to read their cards. Of course, I'm not saying your point isn't valid, it's something I haven't seen before.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Something else I forgot to mention is how TRio is in full support of Ash & Go’s dreams. Part of me feels like they were fully aware of who these two friends were and they had a moment of genuineness in their support for the twerps. After all they’ve known Ash longer than 99% of the cast. Always love when villains have moments of humanity like that.
This much is true, for example in the Sinnoh League, they wanted to see Infernape win against Paul.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
This much is true, for example in the Sinnoh League, they wanted to see Infernape win against Paul.
And they were rooting for Ash in the Lumiose Conference in XY.

Sometimes it seems like the TRIO is no longer a villain.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
>Not an essay time.
>Proceeds to post an unreadable wall of text.

Not mocking you, but people seriously need to type in a way that's comprehensible, if for the sole reason of making it readable to oneself.
Tbh this is coming off as a bit condescending, people usually do type long paragraphs in a forum, you can't expect everyone to just space out their sentences when they are not used to writing their reviews that way, especially when in a laptop format it is easily readable

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
And they were rooting for Ash in the Lumiose Conference in XY.

Sometimes it seems like the TRIO is no longer a villain.
Y'know, I completely forgot about that to be completely fair. All I remember about TR's involvement towards the end of XY was filming what happened in the Zygarde incident to show the bravery of the defenders of Kalos (and then doctored it for Giovanni).

DatsRight

Y'know, I completely forgot about that to be completely fair. All I remember about TR's involvement towards the end of XY was filming what happened in the Zygarde incident to show the bravery of the defenders of Kalos (and then doctored it for Giovanni).
And then they just grumbled ambivalent when Ash finally won a league (though granted that was one they hoped to win themselves).

XY admitedly had some good moments for TR, just a shame it was wedged in between loads of monotonous episodes for them.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
And then they just grumbled ambivalent when Ash finally won a league (though granted that was one they hoped to win themselves).

XY admitedly had some good moments for TR, just a shame it was wedged in between loads of monotonous episodes for them.
That is true. I think one of TR's better episodes in XY was the twerp-lite episode involving them and Team Flare.