1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A New Show?! The Tiny Melody of Magikarp (1056)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    A New Show?! The Tiny Melody of Magikarp

Sophocles is going to be on a TV Show so Ash & Co. come to the TV station to show their support. However, when there, they see the filming of a series lead by a child-actor Magikarp. However, the Magikarp seems to have something off with it. With another TV show, the usual actresses don't show up in time which leads to Lana, Mallow & Lillie getting cast as replacements. Will all situations get resolved?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. wellwellwells

wellwellwells Well-Known Member

What a waste of an episode :rip:

3. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Doesn't give a H E C C

No episode where we get Alolan magical girls is a waste.

4. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical Optimist

Horribly boring and stale episode. Watching Gyarados use splash was the highlight I'm pretty sure...

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  5. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Did any one catch the name Pokémon Precure hybrid

6. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Well, at least the staff is having fun with these episodes parodying other animes. Makes me wish they do a Saint Seiya parody with the boys only to joke with the Sword & Shield armored evolution rumors.

Trey pokes and FlygontheRavager like this.
  7. lolipiece

lolipiece It's a fish eat fish world out there Staff Member Moderator

The biggest crime was the director dude hovering over Kiawe for like a second before choosing Mallow. It was almost like he considered it before changing his mind.

I'm sure Kiawe would've made an amazing magical girl! Let him be Coffee DrinKyun, dammit!

Also, I don't watch PreCure (or much of the magical girl genre), but are the transformation items usually that...obtuse (I've heard one used a baby?)? Because I can't see how a cup of tea is a good way of transforming. Does Shaymin have to prepare the tea each time they transform?

Alola DrinKyun. From "drink", I guess.

And for those wondering, Mallow is Tea DrinKyun, Lillie is Soda DrinKyun, and Lana is Juice DrinKyun.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  8. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Doesn't give a H E C C

This current Precure season is using pens, the last one used a tablet-like device...some others have used gemstones etc., usually something they can market and sell as merchandise. Drinks are pretty out there, although someone more genre savvy than I would have to say if there's even more ridiculous transformation items out there. I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  9. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I think this episode have the same problem like the play episode where it has no focus on one plot

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  10. Ignition

Ignition Well-Known Member

So much for that Everstone being given away lol
    Interesting that they mentioned Poipole’s home in the PokéProblem

Red and Blue likes this.
  11. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

I noticed how the Alolan girls Pokemons were pretty quiet in most of the episode until they were taking part of the Precure lookalike act with their respective trainers/masters. As for the girls hero costumes, they look ok, but I thought they were wearing more stuffs than their casual outfits. And yeah, I think it's the 1st time I saw drinks being used for transformations, even though I didn't watch much of Precure, Sailor Moon.....or Senran Kagura.

Poor Magikarp, it could't make its cry like before because it was about to evolve into Gyarados. They completely changed the theme of that Pokemon after it evolved, from a drama story to casting itself as an action vilain. Of course, Ash had to help the COTD to stop Gyarados rampage. This is what he always does.
    Good thing it wasn't him who solved the problem.

Speaking of solving. I don't why Sophocles loses the solving show when he got many correct answers, along with his "rival". They probably skip this part as quick as possible knowing how uninteresting it was.

Anyways, ok episode. The precure part is my favorite part of the episode, that's about it.

12. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

They did?? Foreshadowing perhaps......

Ignition likes this.
  13. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

A filler episode.

While I liked how a Gyarados was acting like a drama queen and was cutely splashing towards whats his name regarding what happened to her. I wished there was more tension.

The pre-cure reference was cute, the highlight of the episode and just pleasing to look at.

TR had NO reason to be in this episode, but Jessie looked lovely in that hair style and I liked how their objective of the episode ISN'T hurp derp get Pikachu.

Gyarados switching from romance drama to a monster movie villain was a satisfying resolve... but again, I wished more happened in between.

6/10... you can skip this episode!

14. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

Kuwashi hit the button faster on the final question, and so he got his tenth point first. That's all there was to it.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  15. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Dunno why they didn't give the girls the correct color transformations. Was pretty jarring to look at.

16. Nodame

Nodame Well-Known Member

The girls ROCKED. I really enjoyed this episode, it made me smile <3 SM is such a charming little series!! I wish it never ends.

17. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I'll give this episode a 4 out 10

18. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ The Mischievous One

I'm looking forward to watching this episode; I love references to magical girl anime

Nodame likes this.
  19. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

did we get any updates on the op?

20. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

yep, Meltan was add to the opening.