• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Show?! The Tiny Melody of Magikarp (1056)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Based on the episode description, I thought it was going to spend more time on Sophocles's quiz show, so that was the only part of the episode I was disappointed in. Other than that I enjoyed the rest of the episode

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Magikarp is going through some changes.

One good thing about Team Rocket is that they are not typical "villains". It is possible for them to make an appearance and not necessarily do any thing evil. A moment to shine in the spotlight? Team Rocket might be there!

Silly tv show manager, pokemon cant read scripts! But it was nice all the same.
To the audience, Pokemon the anime is entirely in 2 dimensions whether a character is watching tv or appearing on their version of tv. So maybe the transformations are not as special but according to the characters in the show, changing forms and colors like that would probably be pretty amazing. I think it would be something similar to a live action version of a Magical girl morphing sequence including all of the sparkles and effects. In other words, really impressive.

I also liked that it took them about 5 minutes to finish transforming. If they are going to do a Magical girl reference then it is serious business that it is done the right way! There was not much in the way of pokemon battles but except for that, I think it was a great job.

Last edited:
This episode is worst than Journey's Magikarp episode (JN026). Poor Karpy. 0/10. Worse Pokémon episode ever. I'm watching Pokémon, not Sailor Moon. The Sophocles part was nice however.

RafaSceptile

This episode is worst than Journey's Magikarp episode (JN026). Poor Karpy. 0/10. Worse Pokémon episode ever. I'm watching Pokémon, not Sailor Moon. The Sophocles part was nice however.

I'm pretty sure this was a reference to Pretty Cure (or Precure), not to Sailor Moon. A closer Sailor Moon reference is Faba during the episode when he abducted Nebby.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The girls ROCKED. I really enjoyed this episode, it made me smile <3 SM is such a charming little series!! I wish it never ends.
Now after seeing it, this episode really played to SM's strengths. A lot of characters/ideas popping up from previous episodes, a brisk pace with a lot of (fun) nonsense going on, and a willingness to embrace wacky ideas and run with them like the magical girl segment, while still weaving everything together in a sense (even giving us a quick, non-intrusive Team Rocket cameo). Good stuff.
What a mega fun episode. That’s why I love the Alola series so much. Is so refreshing, fun and lighthearted. The girls looked all amazing as well!
Kinda late I know but these three messages really perfectly describe why I love SM so much and it's my fav series. It may not be battle centric or have very ambitious storyline like XY but it has heart and soul put into every episode. They try new stuff, aren't afraid to go wacky, and the antics just make me smile and be charmed. All the characters are fun to watch and the storylines are still great on their own, cohesive and sometimes dealing with stuff darker than any other series dared to touch. It also respects Ash's character contrary to popular belief, respecting the bonds he has with Pokémon and how much he loves them, the willingness of him to embrace alolas culture and learn from it, not just for battles but for life in general, the cast feeling like a family, the series being interconnected and it culminating in Ash becoming the strongest in Alola. Such a beautiful series

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Agreed, maybe not worst episode ever, I mean girls look pretty cute( not gonna lie) but these references are having me perplexed. Maybe they would be jarring to me if I watched more anime( since I am not anime guy but movie guy, I would've liked if they made more movie references like Messon Impossible lol). Like I have no idea what this Precure/pretty cure is all about.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Agreed, maybe not worst episode ever, I mean girls look pretty cute( not gonna lie) but these references are having me perplexed. Maybe they would be jarring to me if I watched more anime( since I am not anime guy but movie guy, I would've liked if they made more movie references like Messon Impossible lol). Like I have no idea what this Precure/pretty cure is all about.
Its a magical girl anime similar to Sailor Moon lol.

DatsRight

It's a shame this was the only SM episode that sorta gave limelight to the girl trio. The boy trio had tons of development episodes together and had a really cool synergy in most of them, but the girls only got this one filler together, and the boys are still padding a lot of it.