• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Show?! The Tiny Melody of Magikarp (1056)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
yep, Meltan was add to the opening.
only in the endcard or was there any new animation with him (as in, was he along ash's other pokemon in any other scene?)

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I guess we know what the Alola girls will do after Ash heads to Galar! ;)

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised it took this long to have magical girl references. Or did we have some before SM I missed or forgot???:confused:

I'll go ahead and ask: what could TPCi call "Koi-chan"? (All these nicknames this saga!) Not to mention how they'll handle her voice... o_O

While we're at it, let's go ahead and come with a dub name for "SanSan Trio Alola DrinKyun". Because that should be an interesting translation off the bat.

I'm not even bothered by the TRio this time. Yes, they were pre-BW pointless, but it was still entertaining! Hell, if they'd been this amusing back in DP & the Battle Frontier I might've hated them a little in those sagas.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I guess we know what the Alola girls will do after Ash heads to Galar! ;)

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised it took this long to have magical girl references. Or did we have some before I missed or forgot???:confused:

I'll go ahead and ask: what could TPCi call "Koi-chan"? (All these nicknames this saga!) Not to mention how they'll handle her voice... o_O

While we're at it, let's go ahead and come with a dub name for "SanSan Trio Alola DrinKyun". Because that should be an interesting translation off the bat.

I'm not even bothered by the TRio this time. Yes, they were pre-BW pointless, but it was still entertaining! Hell, if they'd been this amusing back in DP & the Battle Frontier I might've hated them a little in those sagas.
We had Faba do some magical girl pose once I believe. Lol

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Okay, I just love this episode. So much adorableness. I just want a Vulpix plushie in that outfit now.
DP311.jpg

Lana's hairstyle in her role is gorgeous, I wish she wore it like that more often, a bit looser. It looks really good on her. Also really like Lillie's look here. How many different hairstyles has Lillie had in Sun and Moon up till now? I think at least a dozen.
DP282.jpg

Alolan Eevee is always a win. I want a plushie like this now.
DP321.jpg

p96822

Evolve me please
More important then the precure that the detector clipboard has episode 113 just like episode 29

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Now after seeing it, this episode really played to SM's strengths. A lot of characters/ideas popping up from previous episodes, a brisk pace with a lot of (fun) nonsense going on, and a willingness to embrace wacky ideas and run with them like the magical girl segment, while still weaving everything together in a sense (even giving us a quick, non-intrusive Team Rocket cameo). Good stuff.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Now after seeing it, this episode really played to SM's strengths. A lot of characters/ideas popping up from previous episodes, a brisk pace with a lot of (fun) nonsense going on, and a willingness to embrace wacky ideas and run with them like the magical girl segment, while still weaving everything together in a sense (even giving us a quick, non-intrusive Team Rocket cameo). Good stuff.

The only nit pick I have with this filler episode is that there isn't a whole lot of drama between Magikarp evolving and Gyarados going to the guy in charge to tell him what is wrong. (Outside of Gyarados running through everything.)

I would have liked more of it... BUT it is nice to see a Gyarados be that well behaved instead of just a rampaging beast like it normally is.

DatsRight

Okay, I couldn't find the subbed version so I think I'm missing a LOT of gags here, but visually it looked like a decent filler.

It was nice to finally have a girls episode per se, given we've had a few bro-centric ones already. It still didn't really have the same agency and chemistry as the latter ones, I'd loved to have seen more auditioning and backstage stuff and for Shaymin to finally get some freaking personality time, but it was still cathartic to finally have the girls specifically contribute to some of the delightful absurdity of this series.

Magikarp losing her cuteness after evolving was a funny send up to child actors who lose their appeal after growing up. Probably the first amusing Gyarados we've had as well, even Misty's Gyarados tends to stay squarely on the fierce side of things.

Lillie and Snowy's stage fright is adorable, also liked the call back to the previous Rotom episode with him still having a friendship with the director. Rather surprised Bewear didn't butt in to end TR's acting career, as much as they likely wished she had afterwards.

Brionne and Tsareena are curiously nowhere to be seen in this episode. I feel like Nagisa and Shaymin largely exist to take their place as the compact baby Pokemon after they evolved.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Brionne and Tsareena are curiously nowhere to be seen in this episode. I feel like Nagisa and Shaymin largely exist to take their place as the compact baby Pokemon after they evolved.
They're not cute and marketable like handheld pokémon are

Especially since Tsundereena isn't exactly safe for the children, if her murder of Meowth and Kiawe via caving in their skulls is any indication

DatsRight

I thought it was their spines she caved in.....which....isn't really better. You just walked up and broke their back without saying a word. Boo...Boo on you, madam. :p

I can't resent Nagisa. It has way more personality than Brionne had for nearly its entire run. It lacks any water type moves to make it fit Lana however. Shaymin is....blank......Suppose it fits Mallow really. Tsareena isn't much better besides the nads crushing gags (and they can't even really do those regularly without making her and Mallow look like abusive jerks to the male protagonists).

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode was all over the place... I liked the girls's transformation but that's it. It felt like they tried to fit many ideas in one episode.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
YES!!!! The girls finally have an episode of their own!! About time!

The TRio weren’t really needed in the ending scene. That should’ve been reserved to the stars. :D

xEryChan

Demon Child
You can tell what series they were paying homage to with this episode *cough* Sailor Moon *cough*

xEryChan

Demon Child
It was more of a homage to PreCure than Sailor Moon although some of the stuff did have some Sailor Moon-like elements. =p

Tbh, I haven’t seen PreCure but I kept getting Sailor Moon vibes, along with Madoka Magica vibes.

All in all, this episode was not the best one but I did enjoy seeing the girls get the spotlight for once.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really enjoyed seeing Koiking get some focus, even if it did evolve into a Gyarados halfway through the episode. I liked the transformation sequence that was used for Lilie, Mao, and Suiren's alter egos since it reminded me of Sailor Moon and other similar anime. I also appreciated the little things, such as Kojirou's hairdo while he was in the disguise, and the appearance of an Ebiwalar after such a long time.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. The ending with the girls and their Pokémon were just fantastic to watch. A Pinap Eevee? Great ending, though.

There were just a lot of things going on that the girls and the Pokémon made us just forget everything that happened prior.

Sophocles, you can try again next time.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That scene with the two Magikarp...perfect acting.

Yeah, that Magikarp is definitely close to evolving. Will probably get Everstoned at the end of the episode or they will somehow make Gyarados work.

Froslass, hooray. And apprently the show is called ThreeDri. The female filmer has one of those little fangs you see in anime.

For how sudden it was, you girls immediately started posing like anime teams.

Ash, you're on TV every time you enter a League, and at other times, too.

Oh, Magikarp evolved. Still has the personality of its Magikarp form, though.

What is with Alolan entertainment? A 6-hour-long movie, and a 12-hour-long drama?

I realize they're poking fun at Pretty Cure, but isn't there also one with like girls who are actually cans?

Oh, hi, news lady. Gyarados still polite enough to wait for the door to open.

Why are the poses so similar to the ones you did unintentionally earlier?

Seeing a Gyarados use Splash is weird. Lillie, how in the world does someone get retroactive stage fright?

They went all out with the magical girl sequences. Oh, so that's soda, not water. I was wondering why Lana didn't get water.

Can't Gyarados learn Flamethrower, though? It's nice to see Lillie having so much fun. And Jessie is trying out for a low-budget show, naturally. It's either a B-movie or whatever Power Rangers is.

Next appearance in "Gyarados Strikes Back"...nice try, Lana.

Jessie has technically begun her dream of being an actress...