• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A New Species Has Been Discovered! I Got a Meltan!! (1055)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This episode was so funny! I enjoyed it so much! I wished that we saw more of the battles though. While it’s nice seeing Rowlet and Meltan protect each other and make a good team, I would’ve liked to see the classmates battles. Wow, 2 episodes featuring the TRio in the row!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This episode was so funny! I enjoyed it so much! I wished that we saw more of the battles though. While it’s nice seeing Rowlet and Meltan protect each other and make a good team, I would’ve liked to see the classmates battles. Wow, 2 episodes featuring the TRio in the row!
I was wondering where had you been

Leonhart

Imagineer
I admit that I wasn't too pleased when word got out that Satoshi was going to capture a Meltan since it seemed like blatant Kanto remake propaganda, but I really enjoyed Meltan's personality in this episode. I think it's among my favorite Pokemon currently in the SM cast, and it was about time that Satoshi got himself a Steel-type Pokemon.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Well this was a step up from the previous episode that dealt with Meltan's arrival in Alola. I liked seeing the Meltan show more personality and Ash catching one was a huge deal for me since he never caught a mythical Pokemon before. I just love change.

This episode made me despise Team Rocket and Meowth in particular. **** how cruel he was at then end, **** the state he left Rowlet in.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Props to Rowlet protecting and helping Meltan. And nice to see Ash catching his first Mythical and Steel Pokémon. Clefable scenes were funny, though at least Clefable found out that Meltan like to eat anything metal. Team Rocket were fine, but they could never stand against a Mythical.

Unfortunate we didn't see much of the battles between classmates, only Ash and Kiawe, but it would have been cool to see Lana and Mallow battle and Lillie and Sophocles battle.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oak two episodes in a row? Is this Kanto? Praising Ash's observation skills, interesting.

Weird place for a Jigglypuff cameo.

Meltan is like a puppy with Rowlet.

Bad, bad Murkrow.

A pun that works in Japanese and English, apparently.

I didn't know GameBoy was a thought Rowlet could have. Also, how is Meltan doing puppy-dog eyes without the thing that defines its face?

Weird Egyptian-style imagine spot. You're not secretly an evolution between Natu and Xatu, Rowlet. Or a Hoothoot. I saw those clock hands.

Rowlet tries fusing Pokemon together, but Meltan prefers musical instruments.

Is that technically a Triple Battle? I don't think there's ever been an official one in the anime.

Also, since the League isn't technically official yet, I guess clearing the four Grand Trials makes Ash the Island Challenge Champion.

Clefable seems pretty smart.

6-hour-long feature film? Is everyone on Melemele some kind of art film student?

Oh, so TRio gave it a name as well. Wobbuffet still likes performing, it seems, given its tambourine routine.

James has stolen all of Mimikyu's hatred.

Since when is Meowth a ninja? Still not very strong, though.

Bewear pretending to let Stufful drive is gold.

Clefable has trained the Meltan through bribery. Meltan is still like a puppy attached to Rowlet and its little wave goodbye is cute.

Great throw, Ash. However, it's less than two feet away, can't you just tap it?

Burnet, I don't think it's molten steel. That would cause a lot of problems. Unless it's pressurized to the point it becomes liquid at room temperature.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vipsoccermaster said:
Fine episode. Props to Rowlet protecting and helping Meltan.

I really enjoyed the formation of their bond since Mokuroh befriending Meltan made its inclusion on Satoshi's team feel more fitting to me. Their relationship reminds me of how Satoshi's Luchabull used to act like a big brother for Onbat back in XY.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Nice to see Ash get his first Steel type. Only Psychic, Ghost, and Fairy left. Ash v Kiawe was the first triple battle shown since the summer camp Finale. Nice to see it. I really enjoyed them in the games. Too bad they're gone now

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't understand the last part of your sentence, tbh.

He was saying that if your name is AuraGuardian448, 447 Aura Guardians must have come before you.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I thought this was a weird episode. How important is the metal piece of Meltan to a Meltan anyway? I wonder if its similar to their "head" or like a snail shell to a snail? I cannot really say. Team Rocket behaved like normal but Meowth seemed very very lucky. Dodging that attack might have been one of the best evasions I have ever seen from Team Rocket.

I am actually somewhat torn about Rowlett taking a lot of damage. On the one hand it felt kind of not needed because I am not so sure Meltan was in any real danger from that specific "type" of attack. On the other hand, Rowlett trying to protect Meltan was pretty heroic and shows a lot of character. Not to mention the possibility that Team Rocket could have tried using another pokemon or something else. This was a slightly dangerous moment in friendship building but I think it works. Can an organic pokemon have a relationship with a metal pokemon? I'm not sure, I guess they will need to figure it out later.

It was a big relief that Ash caught one by the end. Having the discovery of a brand new pokemon running around and then nobody catching them was starting to drive me nuts. Nice episode.

Got Meltan? Is one of the best puns ever. Next episode's title is This Magik Moment, love these references.
Meltan and Rowlet are cute but the episode was **** save for James demonic anger and Stufful driving the car. And they give Ash two Mythical tier Pokémon this saga in order to make sure that he wins the league. Cheap. This is why I don't like Ash's Melmetal and Nagandel, but at least the latter was released.

RafaSceptile

Got Meltan? Is one of the best puns ever. Next episode's title is This Magik Moment, love these references.
Meltan and Rowlet are cute but the episode was **** save for James demonic anger and Stufful driving the car. And they give Ash two Mythical tier Pokémon this saga in order to make sure that he wins the league. Cheap. This is why I don't like Ash's Melmetal and Nagandel, but at least the latter was released.

If only any of them contributed to at least a win to Ash's victory...

Red and Blue

Technically Melmetal didn't win the League for Ash. Sure it was responsible for Silvally's defeat but Lycanroc was the one who won the final match up

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did you like, even watch the Alola league lmao?