• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new tier, a new team.

mudkipinator

Living life
So i have played competetive for not so long and it has mostly been in the OU tier and i've gotten pretty bored of see constant weather, ferrothorns, and things like that. I've heard of RU awhile back but i never made any moves towards making a team and playing in this teair. I'm really new to this tier so any help would be welcome. Now that im done rambling heres my RMT.

Changes are in bold

300px-Scolipede.png

Scolipede@Focus Sash
252 Hp/252 Spd/4 Atk
Swarm
-Spikes
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake/Megahorn
-Toxic Spikes

So his purpose was to be a physical sweeper but instead i made him into a lead. His purpose is to get atleast 2 layers of spikes or toxic spikes or one of each. Focus sash helps him get one more layer. Rock Slide is to cover flying types and earthquake gets him perfect coverage or Megahorn gets him a good STAB. Also the EV's are so he can have max speed but still have decent bulk.

ani208.gif

Steelix@ leftovers
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
Relaxed nature
Sturdy
-Stealth Rocks
-Dragon Tail
-protect
-toxic

Originally i had Sandslash as my physical wall but advice from other players made me want to change him to steelix. This is pretty standard Stealth Rocks add to entry hazards, Dragon Tail is for phasing, toxic and protect to stall.

Manectric_Making_a_Storm.jpg

Manectric@Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Modest nature
LightningRod
-Overheat
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power[grass/ice]
-Switcheroo

So this is the standard Manectric set or atleast i believe so. From what i have read about the RU tier and its major threats this thing can check several of them. Switcheroo is to give the scarf to things that wouldnt like it like cresselia and feroseed. If i choose to keep the scarf volt switch is STAB, Hidden power[ice] to get a BoltBeam like combination or Hidden Power[Grass] to hit rpyherior and such, and finally Overheat is to hit feroseed or venemoth and yanmega before they get the chance to set up.

Gallade.png

Gallade@Leftovers
240 Hp/40 Atk/216 SpDef/12 Spd
careful nature
Steadfast
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch/Stone Edge
-Shadow Sneak

So this is another standard set. The main point of this is to set up a few bulk ups and then drain punch off the damage. So drain punch is STAB plus healing, Ice Punch or Stone Edge get rid of flying types and Shadow Sneak is priority to make up for its low speed.

474.png

Porygon-Z@Life Orb
132 Hp/252 SpAtk/128 Spd
Modest nature
Download
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Ice Beam
Porygon-Z has a base 135 Special Attack stat but its speed is lacking. Agility to raise its speed, Tri Attack is to do alot of damage to things and is also STAB, Dark pulse takes care of Cresselia. the last slot is more of just filler. Thunderbolt to hit flyers/bugs, ice beam to fit pretty much the same thing or Hidden Power[Fighting] to hit anything that resist his other moves.

audino.png

Audino@Leftovers
252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk
Calm nature
Regenerator
-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Toxic/Protect
-Charge beam/Grass Knot

Audino serves 2 purposes on this team, Wish passer and cleric. Wish and Heal bell to help with the Longevity of the team and to keep them healthy. The next two spots are more of filler. Either Toxic to poison things or Protect to stall out for Wish recovery. The final spot is just to keep it for being Taunt bait. Charge beam boost Special Attack every time its used which is good or Grass Knot for heavier things.

So this is it, please remember that i'm completely new to this tier so any help would or recommendations would be appreciated. And please only constructive Criticism, don't just say "your team sucks, get a new one". So thank you in advance!​

Last edited:

Fracktail

Is scolipede really considered an RU? I also wonder that with gallade and porygon Z

mudkipinator

Living life
Yeah all 3 of them are RU according to the tier list posted on here. Does any one have any ideas? bump?

Vandslaux

Please, I beg you. Don't use Scolipede as an attacker. Even if you use Swords Dance.

And Sandslash isn't doing very much for this team that Steelix can't do. Only Scolipede is weak to Rocks, whom I suggest you replace with something like Durant.

Ilan

on porygon-Z set put boltbeam combo instead of dark pulse, IDK what's the big deal with cresselia in the UU and RU tiers just toxic stall it I think cresselia is UU anyway.
In gallade set use stone edge as there is no dragonite or gliscor (maybe gligar and altaria) in RU stone edge do more damage.
Audinos nick:Wannabe chansey if it have sesmic toss or something better use it instead of charge beam as audino will switch a lot and the heavy pokemon are OU or ubers.
For scolipede I would suggest putting subtitute (for prediction) or poison jab (for stab (120 BP just like double edge))

mudkipinator

Living life
okay so im changing ice punch to stone edge, getting rid of sandslash for steelix and im not sure whether or not to change scolipede.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Not a bad team...all things considered.

As I read, switching Sandslash for Steelix is probably best, make him your physical wall to phaze and sponge attacks, so put a dragon tail on him and you should be ok.

As for Scoliopede, I would make him the lead. Add spikes and toxic spikes to his arsenal, along with Megahorn and possibly Rock Slide since flying types tend to be good walls against bug types.

I would watch for fellow Steels though, make sure you have coverage for them, so you can either add an Earthquake to Scoliopede or rely on Gallade to take down steel types. Otherwise, good team.

Dark-Tyranitar

SAND VEIL HAX!!!
audino sucks, please try not to use it. use ferroseed or SOMETHING please. Make scolipede a lead. use tri attack and bolt-beam, not dark pulse on pory-z. other then that it looks good

mudkipinator

Living life
thanks for all the tips i just did the changes in bold :D! I read that i should change audino to something else but im not sure what i should change it too, i think umbreon would fit because of heal bell and wish but im not sure. any other ideas?

Haru Glory

Rave Master

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Impish, Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/212 Def/44 Spe
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Haze

God, please. Not Scolipede.
Use this thing, is waaaaaaaaaaay better.
Can set double Spikes, and absorb enemy's Toxic Spikes, has Haze to avoid enemy's setup, and Waterfall as STAB attacking move.

Steelix@ leftovers
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
Careful, Sand Veil
-Stealth Rocks
-Dragon Tail
-protect
-toxic

Steelix has already gargantuan Defense, so why not boosting its Sp. Defense?

Manectric@Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Modest nature
LightningRod
- Charge Beam
- Signal Beam
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A moveset change is needed here. Charge Beam is STAB and boosts Sp. Attack every time, which is useful for all of your moves, then Snarl, Flamethrower (not Overheat), and HP Ice are for coverage.

Gallade@Leftovers
252 Atk/60 SpD/252 Spe
Jolly, Steadfast

-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak

Ice Punch over Stone Edge, 'cause can take care of Flying, and also Dragons.
And change the EV spread.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Relaxed, Analytic
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/160 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover

This guy. Way more useful than its evolution.
More bulkier, and still capable to do good damage, also with its DW ability, Analytic, which gives +30% power if attacks last. And Pory2 is slow, so... !!!
Anyways, we have BoltBeam coverage, and STAB Tri Attack. Recover for its reason.

Audino@Leftovers
252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk
Calm nature
Regenerator
-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Toxic/Protect
-Charge beam/Grass Knot

Okay.

Changes in Bold.

mudkipinator

Living life
I can't use porygon-2 its in OU and this is for RU. The EV's for steelix i'll teak and there arent really dragons in RU >_> so stone edge is better plus i like the bulk. The Quilfish seems good though i'll think about changing it.

mudkipinator

Living life
BUMP. any other ideas...? what should i do about audino?

LinksOcarina

The true master
I say keep it. If you are hell bent on using it as a cleric, play it's strengths.

D-idara

Ok, Douchy people who don't just see that Scolipede is completely AWESOME and can destroy everything with STAB Megahorn.

Darquese

why so much hate on scolipede it's a beast as a sweeper but if your going to use it as a hazard layer there might be something beater but i don't know much about RU.

mudkipinator

Living life
Yeah scolipede isnt that bad of a sweeper even though its movepull could be better.

midend

lol this is just for jokes, but methinks

Ursaring [NU in BW] @ Toxic Orb
Quick Feet, Jolly
252ATK, 32HP, 224SPE
EarthQuake
Swords Dance
Close Combat
EarthQuake
Facade

THIS Ursaring and the Guts variant with Flame Orb has a good chance of smashing through at least half your team before being taken down, which is a joke if I would put it that way.

Strike Scolipede
Sets up Swords Dance on Scolipede
Facade Scolipede = OHKO
Depending on your counter:
Steelix - Good chance of a OHKO by EarthQuake (Yes, you heard it)
Manectric is able to strike back but is OHKOed by EarthQuake
Gallade is your best chance against Ursaring. however if your screw up its a OHKO to the face with Facade.
PZ is OHKOed by Close Combat, boosted or not.
Your Audino probably can't do much anyway, but you probably won't send it out.

Audino is just...even at +1 a CC is still a guaranteed OHKO with or without entries.

That being said, even if Ursaring goes down...something like a Moltres, Charizard or even Thyplosion can decimate your team afterward.
I'm just using Ursaring as an example, as he is SO CUTE.

Based on what I see in RU, I don't see much that can be done, though a few can come and go. Might want to dig around NU and see what you can fish up.

1. Your Steelix should be a dedicated Defensive wall instead of a special wall. It can't (and I mean seriously can't) take SE hits on the SDEF side even with massive investment - (392 - 464 (110.73% - 131.07%)) from scarf moltres fireblast iirc

2. I feel that you lack a proper special tank. More than half your team are quite fragile, the most bulky being audino (which can't really do much) and Steelix (still fragile on the Special side). Moltres will burn its way through (take choice scarf as item) after your scolipede is down.

3. Difficult to wall
Fighting
Fire
Ground

4. Physical sweepers are far too FRAIL

Currently your top possible threat is:
Moltres(Scarfed) with HP fighting

I will help you more when I find more flaws mwahwahwa

In the meantime anyone is free to rebutt this post

Last edited:

mudkipinator

Living life
Well thanks for that insight. I really nave no clue about threats in RU so that was alot of help. Im thinking of starting a new team because of how many change i've made :I.