• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ok,before you go with your Light type hating...this is not about the light type,I don't even like the idea of a light type.

An interesting new type would be a Love type...seriously,we have a Dark type wich is the Evil type in japanese & a lot of pkmn qualify as pure at heart,benevolent[the Togepi line,Chansey,Blissey,Cresselia,Milotic]...this is not a large number of existing pkmn so it's not like a lot of pkmn would suffer changes.This love[do u have a better name for it?] type could not be very affected by Dark type moves & its attacks could be super effective on Dark types

I think it's time they introduce a new type like this in gen 5.Every gen since gen 2 has had major changes[gen 2 had 2 new types,gen 3 had abbilities,natures & gen 4 had the physical-special split]

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
...probably they will add some other mechanics...i belive theres nothing else to be added apart new evolutions or new evolution methods(i remember someone saying zoroark will only be usable in the nigth and stuff) but GF has always surprised us...so ill just wait.
Regarding t0o a new type...well i also hate the light,etheral idea...i mdo not despise love or courage type(lol at that) but i believe it is ambodied in normal...so i say no new type at lest 4 me...just picturing a new type with another 2x weaknesse to SR...shuders...

Nacreous

Fire trainer
...probably they will add some other mechanics...i belive theres nothing else to be added apart new evolutions or new evolution methods(i remember someone saying zoroark will only be usable in the nigth and stuff) but GF has always surprised us...so ill just wait.
Regarding t0o a new type...well i also hate the light,etheral idea...i mdo not despise love or courage type(lol at that) but i believe it is ambodied in normal...so i say no new type at lest 4 me...just picturing a new type with another 2x weaknesse to SR...shuders...

Normal type refers to the normal animal-like pkmn that don't have a specific quality[not fire,not grass,not ghost...just normal].The love,courage whatever type would describe pkmn with a more..dunno...holy-like quality.Their greatest power is their pure hearts wich really repel evil stuff

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Personally I think it's too late into the "Life" of Pokemon to just suddenly include another Type. They were allowed to do this in Gen 2, because it was still early in the Pokemon history so they got away with some alterations.

On the other hand, I can only see so few Pokemon being affected by this new type. Namely the Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, Chansey line, Togepi line,and Plusle and Minun, but that's about it. I honestly hate Plusle/Minun being "Electric" type, better they were PART Electric, instead with their first type being "Love"

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I don't see a reason why would one want to add new Pokemon types into the current list. Imo, at the moment it's fine enough to work with.

If you remember, the Dark type was added into the list to counterbalance the Psychic type, that dominated RBY, as there was basically no good Super Effective moves.The ONLY attacking move of Bug type was Twineedle, and to make it even better, only Beedrill learned it.
Steel was probably added to have something with many resistances, including the exclusive Dragon type.

So what would that 'Love' type bring new into the world of Pokemon? Would it be a clone of Normal type with a single Super Effective against Dark or something?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I don't see a reason why would one want to add new Pokemon types into the current list. Imo, at the moment it's fine enough to work with.

If you remember, the Dark type was added into the list to counterbalance the Psychic type, that dominated RBY, as there was basically no good Super Effective moves.The ONLY attacking move of Bug type was Twineedle, and to make it even better, only Beedrill learned it.
Steel was probably added to have something with many resistances, including the exclusive Dragon type.

So what would that 'Love' type bring new into the world of Pokemon? Would it be a clone of Normal type with a single Super Effective against Dark or something?

so damm true it hurts...the bedril fact is well just as awesome as waterfall being only available in 1st gen to goldeen and seaking...

and kinda sad but true "love" type would end up like the one u described or like those fanDoom overpowered types.

On the other hand, I can only see so few Pokemon being affected by this new type. Namely the Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, Chansey line, Togepi line,and Plusle and Minun, but that's about it. I honestly hate Plusle/Minun being "Electric" type, better they were PART Electric, instead with their first type being "Love"

1...2...you say that's so few but you just named 14 without much effort.

Don't forget Milotic, Luvdisc, and Cresselia.

Personally, great Type idea too, finally an actual opposite of the Dark type--WHICH DOES NOT MEAN EVIL. Dark means cheap and dirty when it comes to the Pokemon type, so Love would be a good counterpart.

Some moves could be Attract and Captivate, for example. Love-type could be strong AND weak against Dark and maybe some other types like Ghost.

Well, for one, it would help to balance out the overpowered Dragon types more with so many resistances. Though it might end up giving Steel another resistance.

It could really be based on defensive, healing tactics as well as helping teammates. (Helping Hand could be another Love-type move and so could Recover. OH, and Return!) I think it really could work.

Last edited:

James62

Rangers lead the way
A new type would nice. We haven't had any new types since generation 2, so it would be about time for a new type to show up.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
tbh we dont really need any new types, and the only thing that we need would be poison being super effective to fighting, but thats about it

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Love in the sense of positive energy...the way Dark type moves are based on negative energy
Just look at Dark Pulse's description: The user releases a horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts. It may also make the target flinch. The love type moves would have exactly the same concept except with the opposite energy

Nasty Plot-The user stimulates its brain by thinking bad thoughts. It sharply raises the user's Sp. Atk.

So the pkmn using Love type moves would think positive thoughts

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Love type sounds strange.

Anyway, do we REALLY need a new type, no. We do not.

In the second gen dark type was added to make SOMETHING resist psychic.

And Steel was made for something with lots of resistances and not many pokemon that are week against it. And Magnemite and magneton, which is probably where they got the steel type idea.

But now is there any real need for another type, what, may I ask, is so ovepowered that a new type is needed?

Also, regarding this love type what would it's weakness's and resistances?

Just kind of a quick idea:

Weak To: Dark, Ghost, Fighting

Strong Against: Dark

Not Very Effective: Steel, Rock, Fighting, Ghost

Neutral: Bug, Ground, Water, Fire, Grass, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Normal, Flying, Dragon, Electric, Love

Actually, Normal does have the most interesting moves and Pokemon in the game, so your sarcasm is moot.

Hmmm. Yes, we all know Tackle is much cooler than Spacial Rend, or that Defense Curl pwns Iron Defense.

EDIT: LOL! Acting all tough on Serebii, nice YouTube vids kiddo.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Just kind of a quick idea:

Weak To: Dark, Ghost, Fighting

Strong Against: Dark

Not Very Effective: Steel, Rock, Fighting, Ghost

Neutral: Bug, Ground, Water, Fire, Grass, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Normal, Flying, Dragon, Electric, Love

Hmmm. Yes, we all know Tackle is much cooler than Spacial Rend, or that Defense Curl pwns Iron Defense.

...wow an i tought bug and ice were weak defensively...
tacle growl and defense curl suck...but what about recover,sleep talk,swords dance roar wirlwhind and stuff like those that shape the metagame since gen 1 and 2...

on topic...well i cant come up with weaknesses of something called love...since in most animes by it "almigthyness" overcomes everything...

Nacreous

Fire trainer

Well...hmmm...

Resistances: Dragon,Ghost,Psychic,Fighting
Weaknesses: Dark,Poison

the moves:
super effective on: Dark,Dragon,Ghost
not very effective on: Psychic,Electric,Fire

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Like BynineB suggested, the creation of a new type belongs in the "Create/Rename Your Own" sticky. In fact, BynineB has been very correct in this thread on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.