• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new way of introducing the next companion(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

I had this idea just now: what if in the final episodes of BW or whatever Ash meets the girl/boy he'll travel in the next series? Like Ash meets him/her/them, they spend some time together and head over to the next region together. Ash would be interest in the place their heading to and they'd eventually travel together.

What do you think? And what other ways should the next companions be introduced in your opinions?

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Id like the random person Ash meets at the league (because there IS always one) to be the one who travels in the next saga, and who loses to Ash at the end.

Heck, your idea is better than Ash meeting beginner girl each time at the start of a new region and acting like a half-formed tool in front of her all the time.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I feel Ash meeting Dawn was one of the best possible ways to meet your companion. At least we got a sense of another character and brought those 2 together instead of, "Oops sorry I bumped into you. Wanna head out together?"

So something along the lines of 2 destinies meeting.

matt0044

I'd like to see the first new companion (usually a girl) meet Ash after two or three stories in the new region. Like we build up to them meeting gradually rather than immediately. Sorta like with Iris only the new girl/guy actually does stuff.

shelldude400

I think Luke should head with Ash to the next region to get some more film of the other regions, or with Ash if Ash goes back to a previous reason (Such as Hoenn...)
The companions Ash usually have are somebody that's in the actual game though (with the exception of Tracey and Max)
It'd be funny if Ash one day travelled with all his previous companions to some grand pokemon place where he becomes a pokemon master or something.. lol

ForeignDude

That's actually a pretty nice idea. I think it would have worked well for this Unova season. Ash coulda have met up with the BW girl during/after the Sinnoh league and decide to travel together. The fact that she is older than the other girls makes it cool too since I guess it'll be easier to believe that she has Pokemon experience. I like it, I like it, nice idea!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
That's not always true. Just because the girl would be older, doesn't change the fact that Ash is the one who has the most experience but keeps going back to stage one.

However, I wish for new characters who aren't beginners or gymleaders. I think we can all agree that is something we don't want.

BlueVapor

I like the change up. I think it would definitely be nice to see.

But the writers have a tendancy of rushing the end of series, just look at Sinnoh. If the writers could fix that problem and pace the end a little better, I think introducing the next traveling companion at the end of a series would be cool.

victini8

What I'm wondering is when and if Hilda and Hilbert are ever going to be introduced?

Status
Not open for further replies.