• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A new Wii game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legger

Johto PKMN Champion
A new rpg-styled Pokemon game for the Wii would be amazing, even though they won't do it. It'll probably be some box or stadium game. Anything like Colosseum will make me vomit.

rlopez

So just saw the front page and Im wondering if this new Pikachu game is 'the' new pokemon game that has been speculated on. Right now Im just gonna say yes so I can get to my point.

This might be out there but is anyone getting a Hey You, Pikachu feeling. I was actually going through some of my old N64 games and came across the game. I thought it be cool if they ever released this on the VC, just plug in your Wii Speak microphone and you would be good to go. But now after reading what the title of the game might be called, PokéPark Wii - Pikachu's Great Adventure. Im thinking that this might actually be a Hey You, Pikachu sequel. You control Pikachu, do some little side quest and games, have a sort of adventure type thing. Now of course Im literally just going of a possible name of a game and could be wrong (and probably am).

Just wondering what other people thought. Would anyone be interested in a Hey You, Pikachu sequel? I know mostly everyone would much rather have a PBR2 or something along those lines but how about this. When the first one came out I was around 10, 11 and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now...not so much but meh. I'm still thinking that it would a somewhat interesting game. Even if it is just for nostalgia.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Can't say it actually interests me all that much if it turns out to be like that. It may be neat, but there are games I am/would be more interested in.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
In case anyone cares, despite the front page saying "NOT 100%", the game is already listed on Japanese Amazon.

ForeverFlame

A Fishing Game with "Pokemon" pasted on the cover? I think I'll pass. Looks like Nintendo is continuing to fail in the Pokemon Wii Game category.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
In case anyone cares, despite the front page saying "NOT 100%", the game is already listed on Japanese Amazon.
That's quick, but it doesn't mean it (someone from there probably noticed the leaked info). After all they have release dates for HG/S... despite the fact that no official one ha sbeen confirmed, and its likely to be incorrect. (As it was with other games like Diamond/Pearl, along with every other store out there). But apparently the original sourse is reliable... we'll see.
A Fishing Game with "Pokemon" pasted on the cover? I think I'll pass. Looks like Nintendo is continuing to fail in the Pokemon Wii Game category.
We don't actually know what is in it until more info comes - essentially we know what is the apparent title, release date for Japan, and it being a WiiWare game, so the rest is speculation. Could be a 'Hey You Pikachu!' game in aspects, perhaps... =/

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Thats what the DS mini game was, not what the Wii game is. Jeez

KojiroJames2006

Prepare etc., etc.
From aussie-nintendo.com:

"Nintendo held their annual Japanese retailer conference today. While such a conference usually wouldn't be worth getting excited about, Nintendo's been known to casually announce big, new games in previous years, such as Wario Land: The Shake Dimension and Rhythm Heaven. This year? Yeeeaaah, not so much.

- "Blue Wii Remote (03/12)
- "Pink Wii Remote (03/12)
- "Poképark: Pikachu's Big Adventure (Wii - 05/12)

"Dates shown are for Japan only. Despite being simply listed as a 'Wii' title, several locations are making the assumption that Poképark: Pikachu's Big Adventure will be a WiiWare game, which would probably make more sense. No information is known about the game so far, other than the fact that it probably stars Pikachu in some sort of big adventure in Poképark.

"UPDATE: Poképark: Pikachu's Big Adventure will indeed be a retail release."

So there's your answer.

Rannoyin

sing your story
Found something else about the Wii game:

Poke Park Wii Pikachu's Big Adventure is an action adventure game where you work through a variety of attractions while strengthening your friendship with Pokemon. You'll have to team up with different Pokemon for the different events. During the Sky Race event, for instance, a flying Pokemon would be beneficial. During the Marine Slider event, a water-based Pokemon would be a wise choice.

From here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/10/09/nintendo_retailer_meeting/

Dunno if it's true or not, but still strikes no interest in me. :|

SolarPowerX

I've never played "Hey you pikachu" but it could still be fun to try out. I still hope they make a battle/RPG game for the wii though.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
It better not fail like "Hey you Pikachu", or "Pokemon Channel". I just hope this doesn't take a wrong turn...

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
If this really is the new Wii game, I'm giving up on Pokemon ever doing anything worthwhile for the Wii. PBR sucked and these Wiiware shits could not be any less interesting to me. At least I still have HGSS to look forward to.
Letmegeuss. Because it didn't have stupid minigames and wasn't called Stadium 3? That's why most people hate it.

So basically. This is Pokethlon: Wii version?

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
The reason I hate PBR is there's nothing to do. I mean, you beat the unfun colloseums with easiness except Neon and Sunset, then the only thing you have left to do is collect random things.

Also they should have had Lv. 50 from the start.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Letmegeuss. Because it didn't have stupid minigames and wasn't called Stadium 3? That's why most people hate it.

So basically. This is Pokethlon: Wii version?

Actually, I missed the Gym Leader Castle. But I've always preferred the two GC games to the Stadium games. I like games with plots. Pokemon may not have the greatest plots in the world, but I still like them better than just battling for the sake of battling like in Stadium and PBR.

Lord Aipom

It better not fail like "Hey you Pikachu", or "Pokemon Channel". I just hope this doesn't take a wrong turn...

I loved Pokémon Channel. D=

Hey You Pikachu! - N64
Pokémon Channel - Gamecube
Poképark - Wii

I'm not a big Pikachu fan, and when I was a kid, I dreamed about a Pokémon Channel where you could have Aipom as a partner.

Duney

Sounds terrible to me. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.