• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Newbie's Photoshop art.

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
I'm new to photo shop and I've been trying out new things with the tools and such. I've been sticking to tutorials so I learn well-balanced. I'm still learning what all the tools do, and most of my things are going to be really simple and basic. If you could please PM me a site with good tutorials and explains what a lot of the tools do.
So anyway, I've made lots of things using on line tutorials, but here is my first creation made by myself.

Ilexcopy.png
Ilexsmall.png
-Just an avatar for another forum. I also made a smaller version so it wouldn't get shrunken. It's really simple, with only about 4 layers. I downloaded a font and used some of the font effects to make it look better.

Except more from me soon, comments?

Very simple, but not bad for a beginner. Cloud backgrounds ae always better than repeated gradient backgrounds, they usually look much better.

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
Thanks, but I didn't use a gradient. I just went to blending options and added some of affects through that....unless of course that counts as using a gradient.

How do you get rid of the white background on a sprite inserted in the image without going to Filter>Exract? If anyone cares enough to answer please PM me.

Xiang

Wow, nice. The background gives me a calm, cool feeling and the colors go together well. :) Nice job!

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
Thanks, that's the effact I was going for.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but it was made in Photoshop. Here is the preview board for the skin I made, any crit on it?

Cool : )

Try also using some of the blur tools on mix sizes of images as well, might be handy for later ideas ; )