• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! (673)

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Uh...how was it over-hyped?

The trailers for the episodes seem to take the Micheal Bay movie approach, where they create hype with an interesting preview, only when we actually sit down and watch it it turns out to be lackluster or just plain horrible.

So is Ash supposed to be the hero anymore? In most of the episodes this arc he seems to just be the sidekick now, who tries to save the day, but winds up getting his butt handed to him only for an older character to come in and take care of the problem within seconds.

Oh gee, the big looming threat turns out to be a little guy who was just looking for something that belongs to him. How original. >_>'

gliscor&yanmega

After re-watching it and everything. It was pretty enjoyable. Nothing happened much for the plot but it was funny and somewhat heart warming at the end.

I really enjoyed Dento's and Iris's back-and-forth on what was going on. Dento kept on trying to explain things scientifically and it gave me a few laughs. Iris thought it was a curse all along.

Kidachi is rather amusing too.

Desumasu's mask crying was kind of freaky, it almost felt like a real horror movie or something, of course probably would be more freaky if it was crying blood but then that wouldn't probably work for a kid's show and all.

Still wish Desumasu was James' and Team Rocket were doing their thing in this episode but oh well.

Sponge

I really liked this episode, it was kinda creepy too. There were points I was starting to wonder if maybe it was getting too freaky for young children. The only thing that annoyed me was Dento's constant scientific reasoning....just admit it's a ghoulie already! Sheesh!

I had hoped Ash would catch a Desumasu during his adventure but it was not to be sadly. I hope Desukan appears later in an episode when they're at the desert and is a complete badass. :D

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
@Blaziryu
We've known that for a while,

Anyway

Good points

- Desumasu turned out to be cute

- Aloe

- Kidachi being scared

- Iris and her senses

- I like Possessed Dento

Bad points

- Pretty dull

- Dento-masu (Dento when he was possessed) wasn’t for long

- Dento being in denial

7/10

If anyone can contact The 4th Kira, the person sent me a message, and i can't send the person one back if you can contact the person tell em this

"Ever heard of something called Pokebeach.com

I've been doing reviews since episode 3 of best wishes, i decided to put it on here because i like serebii as well, It's not exactly the same

I go straight into it, then my views are in brackets, and i do good and bad points, people like Juptorou and Sabonea do their dot point reviews, they are still reviews, if i want to do my reviews here as well, i can.

I'm not trying to annoy you, since i've become a frequent serebii-ite, i thought i could post my reviews here, if you don't want me to i wont.

Sorry, for the misunderstanding."

yuzke

this episode was okey, kinda entertainment also team rocket are taking forever ... hope next year they get more time in the show ... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE =)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I finally managed to watch the episode, and I noticed right away that Shippou City looked terrible. I mean, it was really colorful. In the games, the place looks pretty simple but the anime made it seem crazy. I'm wondering who it was that suggested that little change. Anyway, Ash seemed to want just one things: to challenge the Shippou City Gym. Dento knew exactly where the Gym was however (in the Shippou City museum), so he led the way. Funny, when I talked about Dento possibly knowing about the other Gym Leaders in Isshu, I got flamed. It looks like he knew something about the Gym after all, however. I wasn't surprised to see the Shippou City museum, closed off for the day when Ash and friends got there though. I mean, things like this always happen. Then someone screamed and we saw this really skinny man being chased by a flying Kabuto fossil. LOLWOTT? Well, at least you can't accuse the writers of being unoriginal. The skinny man burst through the museum door and told Ash and friends the story about the "flying fossil". Wooooooo! *wiggles fingers* Ash and friends, being the nosy little gossips that they are, went inside to investigate. They saw the fossil, but everything about it seemed normal. At some cafe, the skinny man discussed the new exhibit at the museum. He was apparently checking everything in there one night, but saw a strange ball of fire and he ran away. He returned the next day, and then the fossil chased him and he met Ash and friends. Iris talked about it being a curse, while Dento talked about wanting to solve the mystery using science. Ash wanted to battle the Gym Leader, but the guy told him that "Mama" was out on an errand. He then introduced himself as Kidachi: the Gym Leader's (Aloe's) husband. Um, those two are married? That's...interesting. Anyway, Kidachi gave Ash and friends a tour of the museum and we all learned more about the Kabuto fossil, Dragonite's skeleton, and a meteorite. How educational! Ash and friends then saw suits of armor, and then a weird sarcophagus. I was wondering what that was, but it looked a lot like a Desukan's sarcophagus. It was just a replica though. Ash then saw a mask and Kidachi said it was a Desumasu mask. Iris however, got this weird vibe from it. Creepy. Kidachi showed them the library, and then Dento requested that they stay there for the night to observe "supernatural stuff". Woooooooo! *wiggles fingers again* Kidachi agreed, and it looked like they were going to have a sleep over in the museum! I was half-expecting Ash and Dento to have a pillow fight, but that didn't happen. Aww. Meanwhile, Team Rocket appeared somewhere in Shippou City and Flint gave them their next mission: to swap the real meteorite at the museum with a fake. Wow, that's just bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S!).

Later that night, Iris woke Ash up because she felt a strange wind or something; I got the feeling that Iris was really superstitious. Then some weird purple fog rolled in and Kidachi looked scared beyond his wits. Then one of the suits of armor appeared and Dento tried to explain it scientifically. Lol. Pikachu attacked the suit of armor with Quick Attack , but it just put itself together again, like magic. Wooooooo! *wiggles fingers once more* Then that ball of fire that Kidachi talked about appeared again and it started chasing him. That's some crazy shiz right there. Ash sent out Mijumaru (finally, geez!) and it used Water Gun on the ball of fire while the suit of armor's head started chasing Kidachi. Pikachu's Iron Tail attack ended the issue though. Thank goodness. It started to rain and then Kidachi and the others heard this weird noise that made the hairs on the back of my neck, stand up straight. As Ash examined the Desumasu mask, be noticed that it was crying. I liked Dento's theory about the humidity in the air though haha. The mask started moving and then the Dragonite skeleton appeared! It started trying to punch through the display glass but Dento faaaabulously sent out his Yanappu and had it use Bullet Seed against it. It worked, but something fell out of the skeleton. Eww! Then Kidachi opened the display glass and that freaky Desumasu mask attached itself to Dento's face. Pfft, what next? Apparently, Dento was possessed and he attacked Ash and Iris. Iris tried talking to the mask, and it said that it was mad because it was "caged". So the mask tried to kill Ash and Iris, because it was stuck behind glass? Sure, that makes sense. Just then, Aloe appeared! Wow, she looked good. She asked Kidachi where he got the mask, and then Dento had the skeleton march forward. I liked seeing Aloe send out her Miruhoggu to use Illuminate and find the Desumasu; it's voice sounded eerie though. Aloe was able to guess what had happened to make Desumasu angry, and then it seemed that Kidachi apologized to the Desumasu for the misunderstanding involving the mask being placed in the museum. Personally, I thought that Desumasu should have apologized for trying to kill Ash and friends, but I'll take what I can get. Desumasu then forgave Kidachi's mistake and it disappeared into the morning sky. I really liked the music that played while it flew away. Anyway, Ash challenged Aloe to a Gym battle, and Aloe accepted Ash's challenge. Wow, that was one weird episode. I didn't really think that the plot of the episode was very entertaining, but I guess it did a good job of showcasing the Shippou City museum. I'm giving this episode a rating of 6.5/10, since it was just average. Stay faaaabulous~

Battra

I a couple of laughs out of Iris & Dent arguing over it being a curse or just coincidences, but it in the end it looks like Iris was right, other than that it was your standard Ghost Pokemon terrorizing episode which we've seen done already. On another note looks like we finally managed to fill in all the Pokemon silhouettes in the opening animation.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Desumasu and Miruhog for the 1st time. It was great to finally see the Illuminate ability put to use in the Anime. It was funny when Dent kept trying so hard to come up with scientific explainations for what was happening in the museum. It was interesting to see Dent be controlled by Desumasu's mask. It was cool to see Gym Leader Aloe for the 1st time. It was interesting to see possessed fossils and armor chasing the Gang around.

43/100

Torpoleon

I thought it was a decent episode. Nice to see Ash & Co. finally arrive at Nacrene City. The Yamask thing was nice and the episode title is a nice pun. Cilan and Iris were pretty funny.
7/10

wind21

So it's summer once again for me, so back to episode reviews. I haven't watched an episode in a few weeks (just kept an eye on the screenshots and read what others have written), so I don't want to jump to too many conclusions about anything.

This is a weird episode, but not so b/c of the ghostly happenings. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the "feud" b/w Iris and Cilan, whether it was just for comedic purposes, or there was a also a deeper meaning to it, relating to the subject matter. It became less and less funny as the argument b/c more and more heated, until Ash finally said, "Whatever" to one of Cilan's explanations-meaning, in the end, it really didn't matter whether the happenings were supernatural or science-related. Cilan eventually admitted as much that he was saying these explanations not based upon a careful inspection of what was going on around him, but b/c he just believed in science and was making up explanations to fit the situation (he eventually said that he didn't believe what he was saying anymore). I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing, and Ash himself isn't really that type of character (he's usually very honest, even if that means being stupidly honest at times); it's a little outside my realm of understanding to see that type of argument in this episode, and I guess I was a little happy that Ash and I were somewhat on the same page on that. I know that this sort of thing is common in kids shows, so I'm not criticizing the episode for seeing this sort of thing. But, on the flip side, I never understand why these things pop up in kids shows to begin with, so I'm not going to praise it.

Another thing that often shows up in kids shows is to make adults seem like cowards or real suck-ups. The museum guy is not someone you're likely to meet in real life, and he's the definition of a kid's show adult. I guess what was most interesting is that he's married to the gym leader lady, and the two must have quite an interesting relationship, just based on their differences in personality. You get the feeling the gym leader lady really runs things in that marriage. I hope you'll humor me on this one, but in one of my classes this past semester, my teacher was this really pretty, funny lady, but she wasn't married-and she wasn't the type of lady who would have objected to a marriage, I don't think, as she talked about some of her luck on dates. I had some fun with that (I've never been on a date myself), and called her my gf on facebook. When I told her about it at the end of the semester, she wasn't too thrilled. And really it wasn't the right thing to do. But I always meant to ask her why she wasn't married or didn't have any luck there (I actually did, but she didn't answer). Looking at the marriage that's in this episode, I wonder how realistic it is; it really might be, so that's fun to think about.

This episode didn't really make me laugh nor did it leave a lasting impression on me, but it did keep my interest. I have to admit that I'm skeptical how the pokemon had so much power, seemingly, but it was helpless to retrieve the mask on its own, and hence this misunderstood story. But it's still an okay episode.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
It's about time we make it to Nacrene City. Unfortunately, I only caught half of the episode this morning, and it was decent to say the least.

Apparently Cilan doesn't believe in ghosts, and has to make up physics theories to explain what he calls the truth in mischievous events.

However, after I red the Dex entries for Yamask, this episode was pretty sad on the Pokemon's part. Showing how much it cries when it looses its mask, or if it even looks at it occasionally. I always found Yamask an interesting Pokemon with a back story.

Lenora was pretty cool too, and her voice is plausible. I just expected something different.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I like how they gave her a black women voice!

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
I love this episode! I've been looking forward to it since it was released in Japan. I love plots that incorperate mind control/brainwashing/etc. It might seem kinda weird, but I like it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. As much as I prefer fully evolved pokemon, Yamask is one of those rare exceptions for me and it was cool to see him on the show. I also like how Cilan kept poking holes in Iris' theories.

SmartD

It's a good episode. I find funny that Iris challenges Cilan about supernatural stuff and he keeps trying to give logical explanations. Next episode will be a Gym Battle, I can't wait to see it.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I really like this episode, it was well constructed I thought and it was really interesting to watch. At first it was that common storyline when a man sees a ghost and no one else can see it no matter what the man tries to do but then the gang go camping (sounds like trouble). Oh I forgot and the Iris and Cilan fued/disagreement/just doing it to annoy each other has already begun. I really enjoyed the 'banter' between Iris and Cilan but I think Cilan held onto his scientific argument a bit too far and it just got annoying. Finally, Yamask a cute pokemon if I must say even though it is a ghost. I thought it was a good little story about it losing its mask and it would do anything to get it back.

I'll comment on lenora next week when we see more of her.

Overall, great episode :D

TheEpicGoomba

I overall loved this episode. Great humour with Dent being a science nerd like me. Cool to see Yamask debut and Watchog,even though it looks completely freaky. 10/10

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Iris and Cilan were very entertaining in this episode. The episode didn't focus on Ash very much, but when it did all he seemed to talk about was a gym battle which was clearly not going to happen seeing as how the gym leader wasn't around. He really was acting like...well, a kid.

The episode was abover average for a pre-gym battle episode. Set this episode up in any of the previous seasons and it would have featured Team Rocket trying to steal something from the museum, only to be stopped by the gym leader and blasted off by Ash and Pikachu.

Irish should have caught Yamask. She needs a battler until Axew learns how to battle and Excadrill starts following commands.

8/10