• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Non-Weather Offense Team

Images from Arkeis.

This is a team I’ve been using for a while now. It does well against most teams, as it can check weather based teams fairly well, as well as dealing with the most common threats in the metagame as of right now. While I don’t really have any problems with the team, it has gotten a little old so it will be replaced after I make a new team, but before that I figured I’d post it to see if anyone else has any ideas that might improve it, or just to show it off.

The Team:

598.gif
479%20WF.gif
212.gif
445.gif
534.gif
579.gif

In Depth:

Ferrothorn.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Thorns
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed​

Ferrothorn is easily the best defensive pokemon in gen 5 since it has great mixed defenses and resistances to several of the most common types in the game. Its biggest drawback is its lack of reliable recovery, however. It makes a great switch in to Water types on Rain teams, as well as Dragons due to its resistance and bulk. The specially defensive spread is useful for allowing it to switch in on Latios’ Draco Meteor more easily, as well as other random special attacks. It also allows him to survive random HP Fires from things such as Rotom-W which the physical variants fail to survive without Rain support, plus it can survive Fire Blast from most Tyranitar when at full HP. Power Whip hits very hard even without any investment, plus it destroys most Water or Ground types, which makes it helpful for dealing with Rain and Sand teams. Thunder Wave is preferred over Gyro Ball since many of its common switch ins are screwed by paralysis, plus it gives him the chance to do something against Sun teams, if given the chance, since most of them carry mainly Fire types or have HP Fire on everything. Normally I would run Spikes on Ferro, but since nothing else can set Rocks, I use them instead here. Leech Seed helps his lack of recovery and it lets him stall out many defensive threats.

Despite Ferrothorn being in my first slot, I hardly ever lead with him. He is usually there to fool my opponent into using things such as Heatran and things of that sort since Rotom-W, whom I most commonly lead with, can deal with them fairly well.

rotomwash.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick​

Rotom-W is one of the greatest threats in the metagame right now. His typing gives him tons of useful resistances and many opportunities to switch in, which when coupled with his great Special Attack and Speed, allows him to be a great Choice user. He also pairs very well with Ferrothorn, and the two of them can do a fairly good job at dealing with Rain teams, as well as some pokes in Sand. The combination of Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump is enough to do a number on common Rain pokes since Thunderbolt hits Waters and Tornadus, while Hydro Pump abuses the Rain boost to easily finish Thundurus as well as beating several things on Sand teams. Hidden Power Fire is mainly for Ferrothorn and Scizor, though it also allows him to hit Grass type switch ins such as Venusaur on Sun teams. Trick is one of the most useful moves on the team since it allows me to cripple threatening walls or sweepers with a little prediction by limiting their move choices.

Rotom also tends to be the poke I most frequently lead with since he usually matches up fairly well against whatever my opponent picks, though I’m not above choosing a different lead based on my opponent’s team since this team doesn’t have a set lead. It usually manages to take something down, or cripple something with Trick fairly early on, though depending on the team I’m facing I might conserve my Scarf so that I can cripple a specific threat, revenge kill a few things, or possibly sweep if I notice a lack of Electric/Water resists after one or two of their pokes go down.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit​

CB Scizor is a pretty basic pokemon, but he can do a number of things very well and fits on just about any team. Some of his main uses are revenge killing, scouting switches, countering certain threats, and trapping. The spread I use is a more specially defensive based Scizor, which allows him maintain maximum attack while letting him switch into Reuniclus more easily, as well as being able to soak up Draco Meteors for if Ferrothorn is unable to. Bullet Punch lets him revenge kill weakened pokes, as well as beating some healthy threats if they are fragile or are weak to Steel, and might even sweep a weakened team. U-Turn is a good move to use for predicted switches since it allows me to get the jump on whatever is sent out, plus it can deal massive damage to certain switch ins. Superpower is mainly used for smacking Skarmory if he tries to Roost while he is facing Scizor, though it can also be used to hit Ferrothorn, other Scizor, and various Steel types. Pursuit is useful for dealing with Reuniclus if it tries to escape, as well as Latios if I switch into Draco Meteor.

garchomp.png

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw​

ScarfChomp is my primary revenge killer. He can outspeed any Dragon in the game, aside from Scarf Latis or Dragons with more than two Dragon Dances, though usually that isn’t an issue. He also doesn’t need to rely on revenge in order to switch in, since he has useful resistances and an Electric immunity, great natural bulk, and enough power to force many switches even without carrying Swords Dance. Outrage is usually an endgame move to finish off teams when they are weakened, or for finishing off something particularly threatening when I can’t risk Dragon Claw or Earthquake failing to KO. EQ and Dragon Claw provide coverage on all but Skarmory and Bronzong, so with prediction he can be very hard to switch into. Fire Blast 2HKOs most Skarmory and Ferrothorn even with a hindering nature and no investment, though I find myself missing with it every time I predict a switch, which is odd because in most cases I rarely ever miss Fire Blasts in any other situation. I’m considering using Stone Edge which would be helpful since this team can struggle a bit with Volcarona. Dual Chop over Dragon Claw might also be helpful for hitting Gengar and Breloom when they set up Subs, though the cost of accuracy would make it less reliable. All in all though, he is among the best revenge killers around.

conkeldurr_v_2_by_xous54-d38f657.png

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Bulk Up​

This is a fairly standard Conkeldurr set. Once it sets up Bulk Up, its attack reaches 624, which is enough to destroy many teams with the combination of its attacks. It also becomes extremely difficult for physical attackers to stop it. Drain Punch and Mach Punch are great STAB moves and the recovery from Drain Punch makes him last much longer, and helps with damage if he is Burned / Poisoned for Guts purposes. Mach Punch can let him act as a revenge killer for weakened threats, or be used to KO things such as Excadrill after a Bulk Up. Payback complements his coverage almost perfectly, and allows him to hit some of his most common switch ins for some sort of damage. Also, while the EVs look a bit thoughtless and inferior to the standard 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD, I find that maxing HP lets it beat Gliscor while still providing it with adequate protection from special attacks. Literally every time I’ve used this, it ends up beating Gliscor provided he switches into a Bulk Up, then he just has to spam Payback and he will come out on top against SD Gliscor every time (barring a crit.) Most other forms of Gliscor don’t have the power to break through without SD either, so they end up having to Fling / Toxic me to do damage which only helps me out thanks to Guts. Being able to lure and defeat his “best counter” is definitely worth a little bit of special defense in my eyes. Conkeldurr also does a great job against stall teams since they commonly use status moves or Toxic Spikes which lets him get a Guts boost and destroy them.

reuniclus.png

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover​

Reuniclus is my main way of dealing with Fighting types, and is the main special sweeper on my team. His immunity to all forms of residual damage paired with his bulk makes him one of the most difficult things to take down, and gives him several chances to switch in and set up. It also helps him completely destroy almost any type of stall team, as well as being able to put a dent in most other teams as well. Normally Reuniclus would run a Bold nature, though I like the extra boost from Modest since it can make the difference between KOing Tyranitar at times, and it does a little extra to other potential counters. Psyshock is better than Psychic since it allows him to beat anything that tries to Calm Mind alongside him such as Latias, or other Reuniclus. Focus Blast gets decent coverage alongside Psyshock, and it hits common switch ins such as Tyranitar and Scizor reasonably hard, sometimes KOing the former. Calm Mind and Recover make him very annoying, and let him beat most other special attackers he encounters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team has done a pretty good job so far, though it still has a few problems. Sigilyph is usually very annoying to take down if it sets up, and my only real way of stopping it usually involves Rotom Tricking it so it doesn’t wall my entire team. Nasty Plot Celebi also screws this team up. Nearly every time I run into one it manages to take out at least one of my pokes, if not more. If Reuniclus can set up first it won’t be an issue, though if it can safely set up I once again have to Trick it with Rotom to lock it into Giga Drain (which costs me my Rotom unless they get greedy and go for another NP,) so that Scizor can Pursuit it. The combination of Dual Screen Deoxys-S or Espeon and ShellPass Gorebyss or Quiver Dance Venomoth is also pretty annoying to my team, though Rotom can usually Trick the recipient as they pass allowing me to predict around them more easily. If they set up, Volcarona and Dragonite can both be annoying. Past that, most things in OU can be dealt with one way or another.

I might also make an actual threat list later if I have the time.

Last edited:

PhearWalker

Minuet of The Skies
If I were you, I would use No Guard ResTalk Machamp over Conky
Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+ATK/-SpATK)
EVs: 252ATK/252Speed/6HP (31 ATK IVs PLZ)
Moves:
-DynamicPunch
-BulletPunch
-Rest
-SleepTalk

Always Preferred Machamp to every other Sweeping Fighting type (except maybe ChoiceCario) Dynamic Punch allows for free 100 damge STAB and confusion, Bullet Punch allows you to take out a Poke on low health who is faster than you, and allows to bite one last time before you die. ResTalk For Healing and not idling as well as avoiding/Stopping status.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
Yeah I think it's a pretty good team however I notice that you are using Arkeis's pictures. If you use them, then you must give credit, it says so on the site.

As you can see, I have given credit in my signiture. Not hard.

Anyway good team, I can't see much flaws.

If I were you, I would use No Guard ResTalk Machamp over Conky
Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+ATK/-SpATK)
EVs: 252ATK/252Speed/6HP (31 ATK IVs PLZ)
Moves:
-DynamicPunch
-BulletPunch
-Rest
-SleepTalk

Always Preferred Machamp to every other Sweeping Fighting type (except maybe ChoiceCario) Dynamic Punch allows for free 100 damge STAB and confusion, Bullet Punch allows you to take out a Poke on low health who is faster than you, and allows to bite one last time before you die. ResTalk For Healing and not idling as well as avoiding/Stopping status.

While Machamp is pretty good, I really don't think he would fit as well on this team. Conkeldurr's stronger priority has saved me several times, plus his role of a Bulk Up sweeper is much different from Machamp's anti-lead or RestTalk roles.

Yeah I think it's a pretty good team however I notice that you are using Arkeis's pictures. If you use them, then you must give credit, it says so on the site.

As you can see, I have given credit in my signiture. Not hard.

Anyway good team, I can't see much flaws.

Almost forgot to credit images. Thanks for the reminder.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Rotom is your main counter for a lot of things it looks like.
I'll rate more later i promise...

EDIT:

Alrite, what i see here is a lot of basic overused Pokemon and sets that are very common throughout this sight. Maybe the only exeption is Rotom, as you don't see Hidden Power Fire as much (maybe people don't like Hidden Power, like me with all the breeding stuff but it's whatever you know :p). Anywho, you say your team is usong one main Poke for a lot of countering, being Rotom Tricking the opponent. Sure that can work but I mean other stuff could help too. From what I see just by looking at it, you have a Lead, with one possibly two set-ups, and sweepers. Maybe put in a wall somewhere to balance it out a little more. I also think you should change your lead (Ferrothorn) to a Prankster Whimiscott. It can have a moveset like Taunt/Leech Seed/Toxic/Stun Spore/U-turn/Energy Ball (so you aren't Taunt bait yourself) and something of that nature.

You could possibly replace Reuniclus with a Jellicent phazer with Will-o-wisp/Hex/Surf/Pain Split looking a little like that. You said Reuniclus was a Fighting counter, and Jellicent has an immunity to it! Don't that make you feel special! :D It can serve as a wall and would look like:

Jellicent
Lefties
Bold
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Hex
Will-o-wisp
Surf
Recover
Hex and Surf can be used for STAB, and Recover is used to well...Recover. Will-o-wisp is used to cripple Physical attackers and to help break Sash and such. I think it could serve a excellent purpose on your team and would still go along the line of basic sets ;)

Anyways I hope I helped you out some with that!

Last edited:
Rotom is your main counter for a lot of things it looks like.
I'll rate more later i promise...

EDIT:

Alrite, what i see here is a lot of basic overused Pokemon and sets that are very common throughout this sight. Maybe the only exeption is Rotom, as you don't see Hidden Power Fire as much (maybe people don't like Hidden Power, like me with all the breeding stuff but it's whatever you know :p). Anywho, you say your team is usong one main Poke for a lot of countering, being Rotom Tricking the opponent. Sure that can work but I mean other stuff could help too. From what I see just by looking at it, you have a Lead, with one possibly two set-ups, and sweepers. Maybe put in a wall somewhere to balance it out a little more. I also think you should change your lead (Ferrothorn) to a Prankster Whimiscott. It can have a moveset like Taunt/Leech Seed/Toxic/Stun Spore/U-turn/Energy Ball (so you aren't Taunt bait yourself) and something of that nature.

You could possibly replace Reuniclus with a Jellicent phazer with Will-o-wisp/Hex/Surf/Pain Split looking a little like that. You said Reuniclus was a Fighting counter, and Jellicent has an immunity to it! Don't that make you feel special! :D It can serve as a wall and would look like:

Jellicent
Lefties
Bold
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Hex
Will-o-wisp
Surf
Recover
Hex and Surf can be used for STAB, and Recover is used to well...Recover. Will-o-wisp is used to cripple Physical attackers and to help break Sash and such. I think it could serve a excellent purpose on your team and would still go along the line of basic sets ;)

Anyways I hope I helped you out some with that!

Rotom does counter a ton of stuff, but I wouldn't say I rely on him alone too heavily. The only time it might seem like that is what I said towards the end since he is one of the only ways I have of beating Sigilyph and Celebi, though that usually isn't an issue since they are so rare. I also stated that I almost never lead with Ferro, but only use him in first slot to bait leads like Heatran so I can beat them down with Rotom or something else. Whimsicott wouldn't do much for the team at all. It would just make me very weak to Specs Latios since Scizor can only switch into a DM once. Jellicent is kinda lame on an offensive team, and would leave me with no special sweeper. It also doesn't counter Fightings as well since Conkeldurr just destroys it with Payback, and the most Jelli can do is Burn it which would only help Conkeldurr out. Jellicent would be better for sponging Water attacks and random special hits, but thats why I already have Ferrothorn.

maybe change on garchomp fire blast to Fang? and why the 4 speed EV's on Conkeldurr? what is he going to outspeed with that?

Fang on ScarfChomp doesn't do anything to Skarm. Even with the the hindering nature and no investment he can at least 2HKO Skarmory with Blast so its infinately more useful since I'm not using Band or SD. The 4 Speed on Conkeldurr is mainly just for other Conkeldurr. Sure, I could dump 4 in SpD or Def, but that isn't as likely to make a difference, while the Speed always allows me to set up and Drain Punch before other Conkeldurr can start attacking. Since most invest more HP into SpD, I also do more damage to them and win more easily.

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
good point. Well I use fire fang on my garchomp because it has 1 IV in SPATK and the same nature hindering SPATK so Ithought it wouldnt work. ANy comment on that? Blast or Fang?

good point. Well I use fire fang on my garchomp because it has 1 IV in SPATK and the same nature hindering SPATK so Ithought it wouldnt work. ANy comment on that? Blast or Fang?

Assuming you run Jolly max Atk, and 31 IV, you do 24.6% - 29.3% with Fang. With Jolly and only 1 IV you still do at least 43.7% - 52.1% to standard Skarm with Blast. If it lacks Lefties you have a chance to 2HKO, though you will at least always 3HKO. Either way, you get walled to no end running Fire Fang so it serves you little purpose. If you run Rocks, Fire Blast might be worth it, but if not, just slap Stone Edge or something in there for filler.

Last edited:

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Weakness / Resistance Modifiers
0% 25% 50% 100% 200% 400%
Normal
-- -- 2 4 -- --
Fire
-- -- 2 2 -- 2
Water
-- -- 2 4 -- --
Electric
1 -- 1 4 -- --
Grass
-- 2 -- 3 1 --
Ice
-- -- 2 3 -- 1
Fighting
-- -- 1 4 1 --
Poison
2 -- 1 3 -- --
Ground
-- -- -- 5 1 --
Flying
-- -- 1 4 1 --
Psychic
-- -- 3 2 1 --
Bug
-- -- 2 3 1 --
Rock
-- -- 3 3 -- --
Ghost
-- -- 2 3 1 --
Dragon
-- -- 2 3 1 --
Dark
-- -- 3 2 1 --
Steel
-- 1 2 3 -- --

this team has no real weakness, i dont see y you should change anything

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Rotom does counter a ton of stuff, but I wouldn't say I rely on him alone too heavily. The only time it might seem like that is what I said towards the end since he is one of the only ways I have of beating Sigilyph and Celebi, though that usually isn't an issue since they are so rare. I also stated that I almost never lead with Ferro, but only use him in first slot to bait leads like Heatran so I can beat them down with Rotom or something else. Whimsicott wouldn't do much for the team at all. It would just make me very weak to Specs Latios since Scizor can only switch into a DM once. Jellicent is kinda lame on an offensive team, and would leave me with no special sweeper. It also doesn't counter Fightings as well since Conkeldurr just destroys it with Payback, and the most Jelli can do is Burn it which would only help Conkeldurr out. Jellicent would be better for sponging Water attacks and random special hits, but thats why I already have Ferrothorn.
I was talking about that last part that you brought up. Anywho, if none of those ideas work..then there isn't really anything else to change.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
The thing I don't get about Therrothorn is yes, while it's brilliant at stalling, when is it ever going to KO anything? Normally you get whittled away to it and your opponent sends out a fire type or you can't really ever do anything with it and it's a waste of space. It's good at what it does but in my opinion what it does isn't useful. Or you could give it toxic instead of thunder wave and you could do some damage ( albeit slowly but therrothorns a staller).

The thing I don't get about Therrothorn is yes, while it's brilliant at stalling, when is it ever going to KO anything? Normally you get whittled away to it and your opponent sends out a fire type or you can't really ever do anything with it and it's a waste of space. It's good at what it does but in my opinion what it does isn't useful. Or you could give it toxic instead of thunder wave and you could do some damage ( albeit slowly but therrothorns a staller).

With 94 base Attack and a 120 BP STAB move, Ferrothorn KOs stuff more often than you think. Sure he isn't exactly sweeping, though he can stop several Grounds, Waters, and Electrics cold then beat them down with Power Whip. Usually Fires switching in is why I have Thunder Wave. Once they're Paralyzed one of my other team members easily deal with them. Since my team is more offensive it benefits more from Paralysis than Toxic, so I'd rather keep it. Its resistances are very helpful for the team, and its one of the things which helps prevent me from getting mauled by Dragons.

On another note, I've been thinking about what I could do for this team in the future to help cover its weaknesses. Replacing Scizor with Scarf Genesect when it gets released sounds like it could work pretty well in theory. Sigilyph usually has higher Def, so it could get a Download boost on SpA and hit it with Ice Beam. It could outspeed Celebi and destroy it with Bug Buzz. It would still be able to defeat Steels with Flamethrower instead of Superpower. It could also fit U-Turn on its movepool so it could still serve as a scout. Its defenses are also pretty similar to Scizors, but with more SpD for slightly less Def. I rarely use Pursuit anyways, but the main issue would be the lack of priority which could be be a problem, though with Scarf it should still be able to revenge kill just as easily as Scizor in many cases. Again, this is all theory since Genesect hasn't been released yet, though it sounds like it would work well. Any opinions?

Slydevil

but a banned scizor has adamant / technician / 130 base attack stat
and he gets a bullet punch which can benefit from technician STAB and choice band. he has pursuit which can kill Sigilyph if not burned or if he is smart not to switch. and scizor has access to roost which is nice if your gonna use it.

but scaft genesect is better because he has a wide move pool than scizor he can revenge kill with u-turn better if u will not die not priority moves and no priority moves can kill genesect anyways so he is better revenge killer.

in my opinion scizor is outclassed by genesect in terms of revenge killing

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
but a banned scizor has adamant / technician / 130 base attack stat
and he gets a bullet punch which can benefit from technician STAB and choice band. he has pursuit which can kill Sigilyph if not burned or if he is smart not to switch. and scizor has access to roost which is nice if your gonna use it.

but scaft genesect is better because he has a wide move pool than scizor he can revenge kill with u-turn better if u will not die not priority moves and no priority moves can kill genesect anyways so he is better revenge killer.

in my opinion scizor is outclassed by genesect in terms of revenge killing

I agree with him. People say they used Genesect on online servers and some people have said he usually racks up 2-3 KO's. Sure you miss a little priority, but U-turn/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt can KO a million pokes, and with a Choice Scarf and Naive nature it can outspeed a lot of those Pokes. Same typing so you'll still have the same kind of weakness as well..so not much different but priority and pursuit (which you said you don't use much anyway). It would be an excellent Revenge Killing replacement.
Plus another Special Sweeper.**

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
With 94 base Attack and a 120 BP STAB move, Ferrothorn KOs stuff more often than you think. Sure he isn't exactly sweeping, though he can stop several Grounds, Waters, and Electrics cold then beat them down with Power Whip. Usually Fires switching in is why I have Thunder Wave. Once they're Paralyzed one of my other team members easily deal with them. Since my team is more offensive it benefits more from Paralysis than Toxic, so I'd rather keep it. Its resistances are very helpful for the team, and its one of the things which helps prevent me from getting mauled by Dragons.

On another note, I've been thinking about what I could do for this team in the future to help cover its weaknesses. Replacing Scizor with Scarf Genesect when it gets released sounds like it could work pretty well in theory. Sigilyph usually has higher Def, so it could get a Download boost on SpA and hit it with Ice Beam. It could outspeed Celebi and destroy it with Bug Buzz. It would still be able to defeat Steels with Flamethrower instead of Superpower. It could also fit U-Turn on its movepool so it could still serve as a scout. Its defenses are also pretty similar to Scizors, but with more SpD for slightly less Def. I rarely use Pursuit anyways, but the main issue would be the lack of priority which could be be a problem, though with Scarf it should still be able to revenge kill just as easily as Scizor in many cases. Again, this is all theory since Genesect hasn't been released yet, though it sounds like it would work well. Any opinions?

Ok I see. Also wouldn't Genesect be Uber? That could be a problem if it is.

Last edited:
Specs Latios can OHKO all your Pokemon with Draco Meteor or HP Fire but otherwise I don't see any major weaknesses. Solid team.

The only change I can see that might help is Aqua Tail over Dragon Claw. Aqua Tail is useful against teams with stuff like Gliscor, Excadrill, Tyranitar, Balloon Heatran, Gengar and so on that you usually have to predict with but can simply 2HKO all of them (well not Gliscor..) with one move. Also maybe switch the HP and Special Defense EVs on Scizor. You lose a bit of sp def that way but gain a ton more overall mixed durability. Its understandable to take all you can against Latios though. Maybe drop some attack EVs for a more specially defensive spread?

Err... sorry for the short rate, I really don't see many things that you can change since this team is so solid.

Flint Lockwood

Fluttershy
Specs Latios can OHKO all your Pokemon with Draco Meteor or HP Fire but otherwise I don't see any major weaknesses. Solid team.

Just to add onto this point, your team actually has problems with many of the new dragons in general. I can see pokemon such as Hydreigon, Salamence, Garchomp and Latios tearing holes through your team, with nothing really safe to switch in (Garchomp and Rotom will both be OHKO'd by a Scarf'd Hydreigon's Draco Meteor, for example)

Granted, opposing dragons cannot safely switch into Garchomp, as he does outspeed and at the very least 2HKO's all dragons with Outrage, and any Choiced dragon is forced to hit-and-run against your team, but especially in a metagame dominated by powerful dragons, it's wise to have more than one reliable answer.

Now you have a couple different option. On the revenge killing spectrum, Weavile makes a very solid choice, with Ice Shard/Punch demolishing any dragon that stays in. You can also Pursuit them if you predict a swap, dealing hefty damage to all bar Hydreigon.

461.png

Weavile @ Choice Band
Pressure
Jolly
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Ice Punch
-Pursuit
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break

Standard Weavile, but he'll get the job done. Obvious EV's for obvious reasons, the only real issue is finding a spot for him on your team, i suppose you could swap him in for Scizor, if you so choose, as they can maintain a lot of the offensive functions, while adding a better way to counter dragons but removing some good hefty bulk.

However, if you want something more bulky that can stay in longer while still being able to revenge kill, then you might want to opt for Mamoswine, who can revenge kill dragons while keeping some good resistances and hitting more broadly.

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Snow Cloak
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Icicle Crash
-Stone Edge

Another standard set with standard EV's, but he keeps good bulk while hitting dragons hard. Again he can be swapped for Scizor, if you so choose.

However, I just listed the options of both, though I do not highly recommend either. I think your team will function best with a more, tanky answer to dragons.

233.png

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trace
Bold
252 HP, 184 Def, 72 SpD
-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Toxic

Now I'm probably really biased towards Porygon2, because I think the Porygon family is awesome, but Porygon2 can answer a lot of issues your team has been having. He checks and counters many threats such as Salamence, Garchomp, Heatran, common weather sweepers, Jellicent, chandelure and many others with Trace and BoltBeam alone. The given EV's allow you to survive a +1 Outrage from Haxorus and prevents a 2HKO from Draco Meteor on Salamence in Sandstorm, while KOing them back with Ice Beam (damage calc is down currently, still need to double check if P2 OHKO's Haxorus with Ice Beam) Also as an added note, P2 synergizes well with your teammates.

Seeing as how they serve a somewhat similar function (not fully, but somewhat) you could swap out Ferrothorn for P2, if you so choose. I'm aware that you'll lose Stealth Rock if you choose this, so the choice is really up to you.

With that said, this is a great team. Most weaknesses are covered very well and everyone synergizes extremely well together. You can keep it as is or swap out one of the pokemon I mentioned for Weavile, Mamoswine or P2, but whatever you go, good luck with your team :)

TL;DR of who I mentioned, I recommend P2 over anyone else, but it's your choice. Good luck

Last edited: