• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Not-So-Flying-Start! (879)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Squee, that Noibat is adorable!! I am curious to its sound-based move though. Is it Uproar, Boomburst or Hyper Vpice? All three of them seems a bit hardcore to be known by a recently hatched Noibat..
Maybe Noibat is a way of compansating for Ash releasing Goodra. lol

K.N.

It was Cho-on-pa (Supersonic).

Great episode.But who drew Fletchinder in this one should quit or be fired.The poor creature looked like 4 different pokemon the whole episode.It's the most butchered pokemon in terms of design.

Really they've had quite a few shots in the past few episodes where characters were terribly off model. That's what happens when you blow all your money on one episode I guess.

DotKU

Champion
I really liked this episode, it gave you a comfortable atmosphere overall imo. I don't know what came over the writers, but Hawlucha's been getting a lot of focus lately (not that I'm complaining). It also

seems like Noibat has a good sense of its abilities as seen when it told Hawlucha where to hit TR. I'm glad Fletchinder got some screentime and that its ability is finally confirmed. TR's pokemon attacking

them by accident was hilarious! This episode also gave me vibes to Goomy's debut episode, hopefully that means that Noibat WILL evolve into Noivern. Even though I was originally skeptical, I've grown

fond of this Noibat. Now we wait for the final(?) capture in XY.

hottom3rd

Ash doesn't have a grass type yet. This episode was fun, I was thoroughly entertained. It's a cute pokemon, and a suitable replacement to Goomy, who albeit adorable was rushed out. Maybe ash won't acquire a grass type, which I may be okay with. I'd like to see a ghost type or dark type.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
It sounds like Noibat is a great addition to the team. Can't wait to see this in English!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
That was cute really liked the relationship between Hawlucha and Noibat.

Kinda want Fletchinder to do more than it did.

Grey Wind

I love Noibat! It's so adorable. Its childish nature and flying problems aren't really anything new, but I think it's cuteness and bond with Hawlucha made up for it. I loved how both birds helped out here and got some decent screen time, I've always enjoyed episodes where Ash's Pokemon got to really interact with one another. Hawlucha's been getting a lot of focus lately, I'm so here for it tbh.

I thought it was great episode overall. These last few episodes have been some of my favourites from XY so far.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was bored by Noibat's flying issue and TR's shenanigans, though I liked that both Hawlucha and Fletchinder helped out, plus seeing Ash's friends be heavily involved felt good. I at least enjoyed the sense of family.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This was a pretty good episode and personally it was a big step-up from the last episode. Noibat is a welcomed team addition to Ash's roster, even if it wasn't my first choice for Ash. Noibat is sure going to add more personality to Ash's team since Hawlucha was the only showing tons of it before Noibat came in my opinion (although Fletchinder did show more of it in this episode which was a great thing). Overall I give it a good 8/10!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Geh.. Goodra's become really overrated lately so this is somewhat refreshing.

How does something get overated? overated has to be one of the more dumbest thrown words on the internet around, in every damn forum.

Still Goodra getting released has nothing to do wtih this.

-----

The episode was fun and cute, I enjoyed it.

People talking about Flechlinder, get it though your brain that Fletchlinder is "the bird", Hawlucha is an actual character, also Flechlinder did things, it just didnt bond with Noibat like Hawlucha did and thats fine.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Did Hawlucha just kick jessie straight in the face? O_O

And another aerial ace animation for frogadier (this time he uses both legs and arms).

other than those parts(and fletchinder standing on hawlucha's head which made me laugh), Id say this was a pretty mediore episode, with some really shaky animation, and a fairly uninteresting capture IMO.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Never watch the episode but I enjoy reading the summary on serebii. Noibat would be a great addition to his team. Of course Goodra was Ash's best pokemon but that ship has sailed. Hopefully Noibat would have more than Super Sonic the next time we see him.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Disgusting.

Disgusting that the writers dont care about the birds or me saying the true? because what I mean by actual character is that ever since Kanto they worry more to give everyone else a personality that stands of while the birds have kind of the standard personally and don't tell me thats I'm not right because sorry I am, its not up for debate.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I saw the episode earlier and aww Noibat was so cute I wanted to cuddle it and Hawlucha looked so cool being the daddy figure. :3