• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Not-So-Flying-Start! (879)

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
This episode was a pretty interesting episode for a catch episode. Noibat proved to be quite a cute Pokemon for its debut, and this one has shown interesting actions with good old lucha bird. Its capabilities as shown were cute to see as was its behavior and personality from hatching. It's really cute and it has really made some pretty good interactions with some of the other Pokemon around. Not much to say other than I'm happy to see Noibat in the crew and it's cute.

Hope to see more of this cutie in the future, though I don't expect to evolve too soon if I'm going to be quite honest.

Supersonicbro

Watching the subs always makes the episodes better for me. (Yes I know they might not be 100% right) Apparently when hawlucha and noibat were tired to the tree by team rocket, noibat tried to fly and team rocket found out he didn't know how and they said they'll ditch it if he can't fly, so hawlucha acted like he couldn't fly too. Meowth translated what hawlucha said after and apparently he said he couldn't fly either and jessie said "I'm not sure if you're smart or stupid".

I liked the little jokes they put in there.

EDIT

They even slightly referenced how inkay evolves by holding it upside down! (And then inkay pops out of it's ball) I know team rocket is something they throw in every episode, but these lines are pretty good.

Last edited:

Geodude

* Hyper Voice top kek
That was Supersonic.

Couple things I didn't notice the first time I watched the episode:

-The old man's name is Oiseau, which is the French word for bird. So that's yet another French reference in the XY anime.
-The name of the trainer with the Starly line is Ornis. He might have been named after ornithology, which is the study of birds.

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Kind of a quiet episode for a new Pokémon capture. (Oh the irony)

I would have liked to see more done with the dark and using Noibats ability.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've been waiting for this.

It was very good. I loved Jessie's evolution rant and Team Rocket getting blasted by Pumpkaboo and Inkay was hilarious.
And the Hawlucha spotlight was amazing, still my favorite of Ash's team

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I fell alseep in between the TR kidnapping and the encounter with TR before they blast off. So I gotta re-watch this later. Hooray for 7am premieres. Also the reason I can hardly keep up with this show.

Anywho, I love Noibat, it's insanely adorable! The voice is fitting for a newborn Pokemon as well, and I admire how much Hawlucha is mentoring Noibat. It's like they're brothers~

Seeing Feltchinder's ability, Flame Body, in action was really neat and relative. Most of us have used a Pokemon with the same ability to warm up the Pokemon eggs in game. The animation applied looked incredible as well.

I look forward to seeing Noibat in action. Imagine if Ash had never gotten the egg with Hawlucha's notice. They were just planning to move forward and that's all. Otherwise, that's all I got to say about the episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Of course Noibat didn't want that berry... That berry looked suspiciously like a green apple.

Jessie: Maybe we have to hold it upside-down. *cue Inkay popping up, yet none of them make the connection*

Congrats to Papalucha for adopting his new baby and Fletchinder being a distant uncle.

Pokegirl0102

Ok i have found pokemon to be much more enjoyable ever since i stopped reading the spoilers and not going on the main page, i had no idea Ash was getting a Noibat, i am so excited to see it develop

calvinhobbesliker

Of course Noibat didn't want that berry... That berry looked suspiciously like a green apple.

Jessie: Maybe we have to hold it upside-down. *cue Inkay popping up, yet none of them make the connection*

Congrats to Papalucha for adopting his new baby and Fletchinder being a distant uncle.

Yeah, honestly, a stone is the easiest way to evolve a Pokemon, so I don't know why TR was complaining about that.

Now that I just thought about it, that would be hilarious if the Noibat egg hatched when Hawlucha was still holding it. :)
Would Halwucha be the Noibats "mommy", technically? Again, to me, it's funny to think about.

This was a pretty decent episode. Nice to see Ash get another dragon type.

Vipsoccermaster

Pretty good episode. Funny moments from Team Rocket here and there. Now that Ash has a Noibat, I wonder if he'll ever battle against Alexa's Noivern.

Props to Hawlucha acting like a guardian to Noibat.

hlvks

"Noibat's favorite food is berries" WOW, that's really surprising, it's not as if it was what every other pokémon eats

nickdt

"Noibat's favorite food is berries" WOW, that's really surprising, it's not as if it was what every other pokémon eats

Inkays favorite food is croissaint. Also, loved the last scene, where Fletchinder and Hawlucha both stood in the same proud pose.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Then why did the Manaphy movie get away with it?

One of 4Kids's many classic flops in dubbing and censoring. In One Piece, they made Zoro's childhood friend's death (she fell down the stairs) even more gruesome (she got beaten up by adults who were jealous of her father).

That movie was the last one they dubbed before DP movies, right?