• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Not-So-Flying-Start! (879)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of 4Kids's many classic flops in dubbing and censoring. In One Piece, they made Zoro's childhood friend's death (she fell down the stairs) even more gruesome (she got beaten up by adults who were jealous of her father).

That movie was the last one they dubbed before DP movies, right?

4Kids didn't dub the Manaphy film though. :x

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I didn't expect Ash to catch/hatch a noibat. I don't know why but I was expecting Serena to catch it but I'm not complaining. I think a noivern will be a fantastic addition to Ash's team and I look forward to seeing it grow.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

deafcat

This was the episode that Teletoon skipped on August 22nd that put Canada a week ahead of the US for the rest of Season 2.

I bring this up because it aired today for the first time here.

I thought it was a very cute episode, and I remember why I was looking forward to it back in August.

JudySpell

Banned
Hawlucha and Fletchinder acted like parents here which I liked. Noibat really made Ash's team more balanced so I was happy with him as Goodra's replacement. 8.5/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Noibat was so cute. I loved how both Hawlucha and Fletchinder actually helped out here and got some screen-time: I've always enjoyed episodes where Ash's Pokemon got to really interact with one another.

Alloutℯ

Banned
TRio really aren't trying anymore with how they trap Pokemon they capture: from cages they walk away from to now just tying a rope around them and hoping for the best.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
TRio really aren't trying anymore with how they trap Pokemon they capture: from cages they walk away from to now just tying a rope around them and hoping for the best.

That's just TR's usual incompetence shining through. They're clumsy as hell when they steal stuff and they never take the time to notice their mistakes.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Oh.

Then our dubbing for children's laws have drastically changed since then.

Why can't dubs say the word parent?

This was the episode that Teletoon skipped on August 22nd that put Canada a week ahead of the US for the rest of Season 2.

I bring this up because it aired today for the first time here.

Was it a mistake? Did it confuse many Canadian viewers who wondered how Ash had a Noibat in the Sky Rally episode?

Evanibble

This was such a fun episode to watch. In my first run-through of XY I sort of fell asleep during this one, and now i'm watching it in full really for the first time, and I loved it. Hawlucha's personality really shone through, plus all of the antics with TR gave me a good laugh.

Also, Noibat is cute as all heck. Nice to see Ash taking a parental role here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luchabull finding the Onbat egg was endearing, especially since he seemed so protective of it. Hinoyakoma using Flame Body to speed up the egg's hatching time was great, although I wish we had found out why the egg had been abandoned in the first place.

I wish Noibat wasn't part of Ash's team, because too many Flying types could put his team at a disadvantage against Electric types despite already getting his badge from Clemont. The slow motion scene with Team Rocket was funny.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Looking back it's amazing how this Noibat pup grew into an adult Noivern without so much as drinking one drop of mother's milk, which in the wild would be essential for the growth of a baby mammalian Pokemon.

EDIT: Also I would have loved at one point in the XY series to see a wild Noibat pup clinging to its Noivern mother in flight, like some bats do in real life.

Last edited:

Kiarran

Ok, was Ash seriously not planning on catching Noibat from the start? He hatched it, helped it begin to learn to fly, and Serena straight up said multiple times that Noibat looked to Ash as a caregiver.