• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pack of Potatoes and other new things in SwSh

Ultra Beast Lover

Personally I like the idea of cooking for the immersion though I hope it's not frustrating like poffins. At least there's no hunger bar.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Personally I like the idea of cooking for the immersion though I hope it's not frustrating like poffins. At least there's no hunger bar.
Pay attention to your fluid intake.
Pay attention to your stamina.
I detect that your hungry.
Your life is dangerously low.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think it would be cool if we could set up actual campsites in the overworld. Like you can set up camp at one place in the Wild Area and use that as a Pokémon center as well as Amie.
Yea that would be pretty nice if we were able to do something like that. It would make the game that much more interactive.

shoz999

Galar... THE LAND OF THE PUTAYTOE!!! So camping and cooking is confirmed. I suppose this thread only deals with cooking though, not much on the camping feature, but still cooking is confirmed! Ah yes. Cooking & Customization. Features that people seem to enjoy more than the combat system itself, just ask Breath of the Wild fans lol.

Kingudora

My favourite
Camping looks like a delight. Having a fun and relaxing time with your pokémon.. ahh.

Slightly bit worried about curry-making however. I hope the best curries are not exclusive to multiplayer, just that it is slightly easier making with more people. Also, I'm getting reminded of Gen III Pokéblock making.

shoz999

Camping looks like a delight. Having a fun and relaxing time with your pokémon.. ahh.

Slightly bit worried about curry-making however. I hope the best curries are not exclusive to multiplayer, just that it is slightly easier making with more people. Also, I'm getting reminded of Gen III Pokéblock making.
Ah yes. Curry also has diced up pohtaytoes in it. How could I forget?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Here’s hoping the best dishes does not need multiplayer too much, making good Poffins in Gen 4 solo was a bit of a struggle. Now to see how Pokemon with Attack hindering natures (since they dislike spicy flavours) will handle eating the curries you cook.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I love curry. Not as much as some other people I know, but I tend to enjoy myself in curry restaurants, whether it be Japanese, Indian, or British. (Or American.)

I know Game Freak's people travel out to the countries they're theming regions on, so I wonder if they got to try any really spicy curry when in the UK and if it's reflected in this mechanic. I don't know how spicy curry in the UK gets, but I take it that the median is still higher than Japan's. (I am the sort of person who drops sliced habanero peppers into Japanese curry because I find Japanese curry much too mild.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokemon Camp reminds me of Pokemon Ranch, except with better graphics thankfully. I think that the curry cooking feature is pretty interesting, but overall Pokemon Camp seems a lot like Pokemon-Amie and Pokemon Refresh as well, meaning that I probably won't access it much regardless.

Creyk

I am curious if they will manage to make this camping feature have longevity. I think pokemon amie/refresh are great, but one can't deny it becomes boring after some time. So it would be nice if they spiced it up somehow here to make it more interesting.

Ning

I’m personally quite excited for Camp. Was not a huge favorite of refresh. Just felt too small (1 Pokémon on small screen). Ofc, Camp is much larger. This one I think I’ll use quite a bit.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love that all our pokemon can be out and bond with each other, it really is one of the cooler aspects from the anime that I'm glad is being implemented :).