• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Passionate Heart That Smashes Even Rocks! Olivia and Brock!! (1046)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1046.jpg

A Passionate Heart That Smashes Even Rocks! Olivia and Brock!!

Ash's old friends Brock & Misty are still in Alola and the group decide to go to Akala Island so Brock can meet the famous Rock-type Island Kahuna, Olivia. Brock is very excited to meet her, leaving Olivia a bit bewildered when they meet, but when she learns that he was a Rock-type Gym Leader, she challenges him to a battle. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Seeing Brock with a Comfey was surprising. Wasn't expecting a new capture coming from the older characters.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Seeing Brock with a Comfey was surprising. Wasn't expecting a new capture coming from the older characters.

I thought it might happen but for both Misty and Brock. I will say Comfey was the Pokemon I speculated Brock would catch.

Kintaro

Banned

I think Joy just lent it to him, notice how it just flew off after it calmed Kangaskhan down and didn't go back into the Pokeball.

Anyway a decent episode, mostly Brock focused. I'm surprised Olivia didn't show up till the second half of the episode though. The romance between her and him was downplayed a bit. Misty riding with Lana was nice but otherwise she didn't do much this episode. I did like the original trio's moment at the end but it was brief.

I guess this is it for Misty/Brock for another 10 years, give or take.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I think Joy just lent it to him, notice how it just flew off after it calmed Kangaskhan down and didn't go back into the Pokeball.

I think it just fallback little while Brock went in closer to Mama Kangaskhan.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Nice to see Sudowoodo and Brock getting a capture! Gutted we didn’t see Croagunk but alas, we saw plenty of Psyduck so I’m pleased with that!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well I guess it's nice Brock got a team change? Still not happy about Sudowoodo being his only non-OS Pokemon appearing though, especially seeing how Misty got to have two throughout her appearances.... Gyarados(So where's Chansey, hm?) and Corsola(Instead of you know... Azurill? What happened to her?!).... I miss Croagunk. I do wish we got more time with it though whether than show that he has it here and then it just ****s off for the rest of the episode immediately afterwards(Probably to never appear again I might add, if we'd seen him obtain/capture it then it would be different but that isn't the case here. The screentime could have been better used to show off Swampert or another of Brock's Pokemon having evolved instead of him having something that'll probably be forgotten about in future appearances)

Anyways rant aside this episode is a 10/10. Loved seeing Hiker Davids again, and Olivia. Brock being the focus.... but Croagunk better appear if Brock/Misty show up for the League

Edit: Just realized that Misty didn't meet Mareanie.... that's a disappointment. Really would have loved to see her reaction to TR owning a Water type.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Whoever wrote this is a fan of G Gundam.

Brock and Olivia's pose is a reference to the Erupting Burning Finger Sekiha Love-Love Tenkyouken and Team Rocket's mech is a reference to the Devil Gundam.

Slapstick-Olivia

Was an okay episode... But I really hoped to see more Brock x Olivia scenes. The first half of the episode felt a bit like filler if you ask me. Also... how old is Brock actually? In this episode he is taller than Olivia and she is already a very tall woman.

IcySealeo

Didn't see that Comfey coming... And I must say that I think that is a useless capture, since we're probably not gonna see it again. They could just make Brock use his Chansey...

nickdt

One of the best SM episodes to date (But that really doesn't surprise me much, since Brock is in it).

Nodame

Misty <3
What an epic Brock centered episode. Didn’t see that Comfey coming, it suits him well. That double Z-move was great! urgh TR had to interrupt as usual. Misty was charming as always in the few scenes she’s been in. I died a little when she yelled with Ash, wanting to be a Water master. God BLESS that ending, too perfect. I am thankful, I saw my favorite trio together again after many years of waiting. I hope this won’t be the last. Looking at you Gen 8.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Omg, a new capture, battles, new moves, doctor goal growth, and some love for Brock, this episode was perfection!!! Yasss thank you writers for finally giving my bro Brock the respect he deserves :).

snorlax512

Even though I can't understand Japanese that ending was pretty awesome. Only bad thing about the episode is Brock didn't take out the legend Croagunk.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
This episode was a bit more lovely than the last one, but it was pretty much the same standing to me. Brock's attempts to find love was hilarious and the water sirens snarking all the way was even more of a treat.
Brock and Olivia's Z move combo was cute to see and I am glad the Misty Torpedo wasn't fired at the Lovestone ship.
Team Rocket's Mecha actually handled the damage much like last time and I liked the sense of continuity on TR in between this and last episode.
Bewear showing up to take TR away was pretty nice and I wonder what punishment awaits them this time!

On to the negatives.
It took too long for us to get to the Olivia moments and the Kangaskhan scene felt like generic pokemon filler.
I hate those hikers and their photo bombing scene actually made me angry.
The battle was mediocre and TR coming along to interrupt it landed it as such. (Nice to see Sudowoodo though!)
Like last episode, nothing has actually happened besides Lovestone Shipping.

That was two weeks waiting, but it was worth it.

7/10

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
There were neat surprises in this episode

-Brock and Olivia performed a Z Move together (and I think she was impressed by him so this ship hasn't sunk yet!)
-Brock received a Comfey from Nurse Joy as a present (hey, maybe him helping her out all day in the last episode worked out!)
-The TRio's mecha from last episode is still damaged and they built a monstrosity of a new mecha. Stufful appeared on a small Alolan Exeguttor signaling that Bewear was coming.... and it came! Pikachu saved some of his friends like Ash on instinct rather than waiting for Ash to command him (wouldn't make sense and would be stupid otherwise.)
-Brock and Olivia's battle seemed more like a practice battle to see how strong their opponent was. The first half was pretty boring (yet expected) but I did like how they showed Brock's medical skills. It was also heartwarming watching everyone eat his yummy food.
-Final scene were about the OG Trio.

It was 2 weeks but it was worth waiting for it. I hope Misty and Brock, as well as other older characters appear in the future. I'll miss these two!:D

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I did like Brock interaction with Olivia, especially the latter didn't get weirded out so much by the former woman loving antics, even the Lycanroc doesn't mind the two of them making the Z-move together, along with that big falling rock shaped like a heart.

I did like the part where Brock took care of Kangaskhan and its kid, and we saw Lillie & Lana being amazed, with glittering eyes, of Brock nursing skills, in which they got quickly weirded out when Brock continues to search Olivia.

I didn't like the part where Team Rocket interrupted the fight of Brock vs Olivia, but I guess they wanted to make sure that neither of them are going to lose in their own matches. Bewear sure came to rescue Team Rocket when they were about to lose.

And those hikers are annoying. Sure Brock's obsession with Olivia is crazy but since he came to visit Alola, that would be good for him to have a memorable souvenir instead of his face being covered by one of them in the picture.

Overall, good episode. I found it more creative than the last episode, which felt like a rehash of the 1st Misty & Brock cameo episode a year ago.