• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Passionate Heart That Smashes Even Rocks! Olivia and Brock!! (1046)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yay! Brock-focused episode! I'm sure part of it is just because of my Brock-bias, but this episode felt better than the previous. Not by too much, but it seemed a little more coherent. It also had an actual battle, so that's good. The fact that it was Sudowoodo in that battle made all the happier. But now I need to know if anything actually came from this Brock and Olivia thing. I'm not a shipper in the slightest, but Brock deserves to finally get a girl.

All-in-all, while I'm very pleased to see Brock and Misty again, these episodes felt a little too random. I wish a little more thought had been put into them. But, any excuse to see old characters is a good excuse, so it's not all that bad.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yay! Brock-focused episode! I'm sure part of it is just because of my Brock-bias, but this episode felt better than the previous. Not by too much, but it seemed a little more coherent. It also had an actual battle, so that's good. The fact that it was Sudowoodo in that battle made all the happier. But now I need to know if anything actually came from this Brock and Olivia thing. I'm not a shipper in the slightest, but Brock deserves to finally get a girl.

Sorry, but no. Brock's affections were entirely one-sided.

AlsoOliviasliketenyearsolderthanhim.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Really? Didn't look that way to me.

Also, I think that you're legally an adult once you turn 10 in the Pokemon world, so the age difference probably wouldn't matter.
that's just in shudo's novelization, which isn't canon (though I wouldn't mind if a few elements were borrowed)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Sorry, but no. Brock's affections were entirely one-sided.

What makes you say that? She blushed a lot, and the two of them did a combined Continental Crush of Love, which I can only assume was a manifestation of their feelings. Outside of those few joke characters that fell in love with Brock instead of the other way around, this is pretty much the most anyone has ever shown to reciprocate Brock's feelings.

AlsoOliviasliketenyearsolderthanhim.

Do we know how old either of them are, or are you just assuming? Admittedly, I did not think about that, and things get a little creepy if it's true.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
What makes you say that? She blushed a lot

She blushed once, when Brock first flirted. That was less "developing feelings" and more "shock that some random guy proposed to her". The rest of the episode had her acting pretty normal while Brock was...Brock.

, and the two of them did a combined Continental Crush of Love

The "Of Love" part was Brock's doing. Note Olivia's confusion when he said that.

Do we know how old either of them are, or are you just assuming? Admittedly, I did not think about that, and things get a little creepy if it's true.

Brock is 15, as stated in a magazine way, way, way back during the Kanto days.

Olivia's age is unknown, but she's a reference to the "Christmas Cake" trope, so that would put her somewhere in her twenties.

But at the risk of going too offtopic, I'll just end this here.

Kintaro

Banned
It likely doesn't matter. Brock probably isn't going to show up in the anime again for a long time, and Olivia definitely won't appear again after SM ends. So the ship is dead in the water.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Brock’s fifteen or so, and Olivia is 25-26, because she's coming up on the age when she'll no longer be considered appealing

Just like how you don't buy christmas cake after Dec 25th, hence the Japanese saying about women over 25

Not that great an episode, unfortunately, what with Brock’s skeeviness dialed up (seriously, a book with candid photos of women? How low can you go?)

Thankfully, the romance was basically ignored by the end of the episode and nothing came of it

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Takeshi's interaction with Joi in the previous episode lead to him getting a Cuwawa was a surprise, because I don't think it's a Pokemon that suits him. That said, I was glad to see Akala Island and Lychee again, and at least Takeshi's Usokkie got to battle after so long. Overall, this was a rather quick send-off episode.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Brock getting to meet Olivia was cute since those two had so much in common. I really liked the fact that Brock now owned a Comfey because while it wasn't the kind of Pokemon I would've given him, I thought he deserved something new.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
Brock getting to meet Olivia was cute since those two had so much in common. I really liked the fact that Brock now owned a Comfey because while it wasn't the kind of Pokemon I would've given him, I thought he deserved something new.

He could've at least captured a Rock-type or something that is hardier than Cuwawa, however. It's strange to me that he even caught a new Pokemon at all though given that he left in this episode, so we didn't even get to see much of his Cuwawa in the first place.

DatsRight

By the way, did the dub of this keep the Kanto Gym theme during the Brock vs Olivia battle? Would feel fitting since the OS dub regularly kept that one.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Brock and Misty could almost be regulars if they wanted to but then again that would probably make the struggle against Team Rocket even more one sided then it already is.

The new pokemon team addition happened off screen but since it was for Brock, I am ok with the result.

Team Rocket was cheated this time, I call foul! They were winning even after Olivia used her Z move. Chances are that something else could have gone wrong at some point afterwards but still. On the other hand, Team Rocket did have one previous episode without bear interference so maybe this is Alola's way of balancing things out?

SerenaRulez

As much as I liked Brock and Olivia as individuals I didn't think their chemistry felt real in this episode. They had little in common other than both being rock Pokemon fans.

One thing that made me a little shocked in a good way was seeing Brock get Comfey. It's not his kind of Pokemon even if it's a cutie but it's better than him getting nothing at all.

SUDOWOODO! Sad we didn't get to see its signature salute. Also sad we didn't see Marshtomp or Swampert. Brock and Misty coming to Alola felt like fanservice, though I will say we deserved to see them again in Kanto in SM040

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
A meh episode. I liked seeing Brock tend to a baby Kangaskhan and revealing his new Comfey. The group riding Ultra Guardians' Ride Pokemon to reach the farm was nice, but I was disappointed the battle between Brock and Olivia never came to a conclusion.
6/10
I was more disappointed Brock and Olivia didn't become a couple :( They are such a perfect ship lol