• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I was looking at this thread for a while, and it seems like nobody on this site plays Magic! It strikes me as weird, considering how Magic's such a worldwide game. Anyway, I did this as a way to draw out people who play Magic so we can have something to discuss here. Also, maybe we could attract some new players to the game too.

Ihavenot

Pokemon Slavedriver
EDH all the way

Teneb and Thraximundar as my Generals

Believe it or not, Thraximundar deck only have Thraximundar as my Beater =D, the rest is tricks and combos.

Teneb on the other hand is just all around fun graveyard manipulation deck.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Yeah, I'm waiting for Innistrad to get back into standard. My local fnm place doesn't do modern.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
I like the M12 set that came out...what kind of decks does everyone usually run?

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I try to have one of each color at the moment, though I'm most proud of my Blue Artifact based deck and my green Spectacular Spider-Deck.

Jameson1

Mes amis
I haven't played MTG in so long... I like using White and Green decks though.

Believe it or not, Thraximundar deck only have Thraximundar as my Beater =D, the rest is tricks and combos.

I did this with Sedris. There were no real beaters in the deck, though it did tend to bring my opponents' HP down a little while I wait to set up Dream Halls/Mind Over Matter + Psychosis Crawler. The deck was dripping with raw draw power and I often was able to draw, and play, my entire deck in one turn. The only real big beater I had in the deck was Kozilek, who usually just got cast then sacced for a DH'd Vivisection or something to recycle the deck.

I redid that to have Damia as the general. It's even more ridiculous now but also includes some more Green Big Beats-type creatures like Vorosh (who becomes truly insane with Doubling Season + Copy Enchantment... +24/+24 for dealing damage please!), token generation via Leafdrake Roost/Pentavus/Triskelavus, Doubling Season, and a fair bit of land ramp so I always get access to the right mana ASAP.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
I like my new Red/Black Bloodthirst deck, it gets pretty brutal for my opponents!

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
my dismantled deck had Glissa the Traitor as General, and a large amount of artifacts, Darksteel Forge, and Mycosynth Lattice. I rarely used it, and the green left it. I'm thinking of using a black EDH deck revolving around Sheoldred being the General and using a lot of Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I used to play MtG. Back when I played, I had this fun Golgari deck and an Izzet deck. That was awhile ago, I think.

It's impossible to ever fall away from MTG no matter how much you try. I run a Blue-white control deck. I don't konw much about terminology or anything, but my deck works well and I usually win within my group of friends.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
I just swamped someone today with my Grave Titan, there were so many 2/2 Caged Sun boosted Zombies all over the field! It was awesome!

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I stopped playing when Shards of Alara rotated out of standard and haven't looked back since.

$10 says he comes back at some point during Innistrad Block.

Also, I'm really liking Innistrad's previews so far, but it's just missing one thing: Storm Crow.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
When's the official release on that?

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
September 30 I think. Prereleases are the 24/25.