• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
That wasn't a great trade. I much prefer Primordial over Worldspine. Also in terms of $ value.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I needed a Worldspine for a token deck, but anyway I'm getting another Primordial so I'm good.

I also traded 2 Pillar of Flames (regular not FMN). for 2 RTR Game Day Dryad Militant, I only did the trade because I like having the bonus cards to add to my set.

I'm about to put the deck up.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
What kind of Token deck is planning to go to turn 11 and drop a Worldspine? With tokens you should have won by turn 6-8 at the latest.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I dunno just thinking of some different things. Might be getting Tamiyo Monday.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Tamiyo for Tokens? I dunno. But she might work in your RUG deck.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Thats what she was for (probably should've pointed that out).

I wish February would hurry up and get here, my deck will be pretty bad until then, when the Simic and Gruul cards come out.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
FNM Tournament report coming up tomorrow. Had a pretty awesome time.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I went to an FNM sealed and played Jund (BRg this time, though). Went 2-2, which is about average for me, honestly. I seem to have this problem where I get sealed pools without a lot of cohesion...

In the meantime, I think I have most of my Golgari Hydra deck together. Need more Tombs, the Hydras, and some commons and then I basically have it done. Also, I pulled a Deathrite Shaman yesterday.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
One of my friends prefers to play Legacy but also plays standard and really wanted a certain Planeswalker of mine (Sorin Markov from Zendikar). So he offered me a Firewing Pheonix and a Deathrite Shaman for it. I'm happy.

I'm building a B/W/G Token deck.

Last edited:

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Well Deathrite for Sorin is definately a good trade. Sorin.1 for legacy seems strange though.

I recently discovered the wondrous world of Vhati Il-Dal. I'm preparing a Commander Deck for him ASAP, I've already figured a combo with Thornbite Staff + Night of Soul's Betrayal

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Honestly, when have any of my decks I've posted ever been normal. They all have weird ways they play. I don't like to stick to one thing that everybody else is doing that just doesn't seem fun. I mess with the steff. But anyway the Sorin1 is in a B/G/R deck. It works okay with it. I'm going to try to get it back though had a idea for a Modern deck that needs him.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
And Thundermaw Hellkite is now the most expensive card in Standard. RB Hyper-Aggro is making a big splash in recent big tournament events. It's killing a lot of the slower Control decks in the format. It goes bigger than most other Aggro decks with Hellrider, Aristocrat, and Thundermaw, which lets it compete with the terrifying anti-aggro dominance that is Thragtusk. With Hellrider, it has the ability to deal massive amounts of Damage. And can swing for lethal by turn 4 or 5.

Still, it's easy to disrupt with combat tricks. I played several games against it last night and won them all. The guy I was playing wasn't a slouch either. Though I told him he needed the kill-spells like Victim of Night or Ultimate Price. But the ability of my deck to go:

T1: Land + Avacyn's Pilgrim.
T2: Land + Centaur Healer
T3: Land + Huntmaster of the Fells
T4: Land + Thragtusk

was just too much. I was also hitting God hands like:

T1: Land + Avacyn's Pilgrim
T2: Land + Avacyn's Pilgrim + Farseek
T3: Land + Armada Wurm
T4: Land + Thundermaw Hellkite...Swinging for 15.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
The power a combined Armada Wurm and Thundermaw Hellkite have is downright terrifying.

On the other hand, I might make a Rakdos deck. I did sympathize with the few Rakdos aligned cards I playing on my Izzet deck during pre release, and Unleash won me quite a few games... Red aggro and black control put together actually interests me quite a bit. Hmm....

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
and to think I traded a Thundermaw just a few weeks ago for about $20 worth of stuff.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I knew that Thundermaw would be good, but not THAT good.

I ordered the five-color Planechase deck earlier this week to build an Animar EDH in real life, but it's going to take until MONDAY to get here. It was supposed to come in by last Monday at the latest. Damn it, I wanted to have that in time for this week's sealed FNM.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Jace ,AoT is still more expensive. (pretty sure).

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Wow. That is insane. What about Sorin 2?

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I think that when I have my EDH deck at home (it's at school right now) I'll post it. It's based around Maelstrom Wanderer and it actually does really well in my playgroup. Many ways to win and stuff. Look forward to it!